Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

The Hive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll host this on one of my servers if you'll FTP it to my server for me. I'll host it directly without sending it to a landing page, so just direct to the file.

Comment

• Awesome map.

How would i go about uploading it to my server? I.e. are all files needed - or just the map file (.rom) - and if all files, what structure should they go in? (Folders etc)

Ive tried once and managed to break the server!

If all files are required, is it possible to do a redirect for them all - not just the map file? (currently redir is http://myweb.com/maps)

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by IEATBULLETS View Post
        I'm surprised, there's absolutely NO instructions on how to get this up and running. Not entirely sure this works with steam, but a brief readme would be great.

I'd hate to miss out on this because of lack of info.

If anyone knows if and how to play on steam, please drop me a message.

Map and objective based gameplay looks amazing!
        You won't get this to run properly on a server as the Keyboard.u and MenuSound.uax files download but then kick players for a package version mismatch...So unless your going to get every single player to put the map on his PC first before they join your server its pretty useless as a dedicated server map...
        sigpic
        www.twiladder.com
        I'm on a vodka diet, I've lost 3 days so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by despair View Post
          It takes like 7 seconds just to get 0.1% when downloading off of a server(with redirecturl). I was looking forward to adding this map to my server. Guess I won't include this in the map rotations.
          I had the same problem.
          The reason in my case was because the map extension is in uppercase so rename the map to KF-TheHiveV1.rom, compress and upload it to your redirect server... you don't need to upload the renamed map to your gameserver again.
          [URL="http://www.gameservers.com/?ref=1636331"][IMG]http://images.gameservers.com/banner/1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Comment

• Hmm. I've uploaded it to my server, as well as my redirect. However, it won't appear in the maplist. It hasn't appeared in Webadmin. When the server is active, I attempt to move, rename, delete the .rom file and it tells me it is "being accessed be another process". However, when the server is shutdown, I can access the file. It's a rented GameServer box. All other maps I've uploaded work fine. Any idea what the issue might be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deek View Post
              Hmm. I've uploaded it to my server, as well as my redirect. However, it won't appear in the maplist. It hasn't appeared in Webadmin. When the server is active, I attempt to move, rename, delete the .rom file and it tells me it is "being accessed be another process". However, when the server is shutdown, I can access the file. It's a rented GameServer box. All other maps I've uploaded work fine. Any idea what the issue might be?
              Same issue. Can be got at via map vote I beleive but this crashes the server.

Comment

• Ehhh I don't understand what am i doing wrong ? I downloaded this Hive map and I copy The Hive Map files to the right place and I launched the game I select the Hive Map and I go to load the map but there is something wrong I can't go nowhere and when time counter time is reached zero the zombies not going and I can't do nothing except I pickup the weapons but the zombies not going !

What's the problem ?? Here is the picture !

http://kepfeltolto.hu/i/?241301

Comment

• Ehhh I don't understand what am i doing wrong ? I downloaded this Hive map and I copy The Hive Map files to the right place and I launched the game I select the Hive Map and I go to load the map but there is something wrong I can't go nowhere and when time counter time is reached zero the zombies not going and I can't do nothing except I pickup the weapons but the zombies not going !

Here is the picture ! http://kepfeltolto.hu/i/?241301 What's wrong ?

Comment

• Originally posted by wesker27 View Post
                    Ehhh I don't understand what am i doing wrong ? I downloaded this Hive map and I copy The Hive Map files to the right place and I launched the game I select the Hive Map and I go to load the map but there is something wrong I can't go nowhere and when time counter time is reached zero the zombies not going and I can't do nothing except I pickup the weapons but the zombies not going !

Here is the picture ! http://kepfeltolto.hu/i/?241301 What's wrong ?
                    read the pages on this forum....Archchunk says exactly what to do an page 7...it's so awesome once you figure out what to do...but you need at least 5 players or it's really hard

Comment

• its just like the movie , from start to finsh, cept for the sewer part.

beat it with a friend 2 ppl on easy, but stil lwas tough lol.

good luck people!!

Comment

• Hey guys,

Im working hard on a next BETA version. Hope to have some more features and fix all bugs by July.

So you'l have to stand by with the current bugs until then.
                        Giggity Giggity Goooo!:D

Comment

• make sure that if you want the music to put that in mylevel.
                          and make the rom name *.rom and not *.rom
                          And other files that are changed to give them a different name to avoid mismatches.

Atm the hive is a lovely map but really hard to get on redirect and hardly anyone read these forums :P
                          Last edited by Zetsumei; 05-20-2009, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zetsumei View Post
                            Atm the hive is a lovely map but really hard to get on redirect and hardly anyone read these forums :P
                            Got it working fine on my server, except the redirect - Is it possible?

+ Im assuming the objectives not showing top right is a bug?
                            Last edited by AvengerUK; 05-20-2009, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Hey, yes a redirect is possible for a server, these are the settings that need changing in the .ini file.

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
                              RedirectToURL= http://uz.gameservers.net/ut2004/
                              ProxyServerHost=
                              ProxyServerPort=3128
                              UseCompression=True

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
                              AllowDownloads=True
                              MaxDownloadSize=0
                              DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
                              DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload

Do this and most of the custom maps are now uploaded to that redirect, Hope this helps

Comment

• Originally posted by Sren View Post
                                Hey, yes a redirect is possible for a server, these are the settings that need changing in the .ini file.

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
                                RedirectToURL= http://uz.gameservers.net/ut2004/
                                ProxyServerHost=
                                ProxyServerPort=3128
                                UseCompression=True

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
                                AllowDownloads=True
                                MaxDownloadSize=0
                                DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
                                DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload

Do this and most of the custom maps are now uploaded to that redirect, Hope this helps
                                Cheers

It's working now, however I had to delete "DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload" to get it to use the redirect :/

Comment

Working...
                                X