• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[MOD] Aliens:KillingFloor

With a little playing myself, this is going to go much better then the Dead Space mod for sure. These guys have gone the extra 2 miles on this mod compared to the one people may think. We played this on normal and us on level 2 had quite a few problems on actually making it through. If you ever try to solo, make sure you have got your coffin ready for you as you will not survive.

Can't wait for them small tweaks and im thinking of making a server dedicated to this myself once released. Everyone, it's definitely worth the wait, trust me!

Upvote 0
Screen04.jpg

These are the characters you can select in the mod.

From left to right :

Hicks / Vasquez / Hudson / Ripley / Apone / Gorman / Frost

Each with their own set of orders/insults taken from the movie, so you can even sound as them.

Upvote 0
Wrong, this is Aliens! ;) You pretty much don't really get the feel that it's KF anymore as everything has been changed except the trader (Have I missed anything?). There is quite a lot of changes that need getting use to but like sniper said, you are in for a treat.

I don't doubt it for one minute. Hemi and the rest of WPC have countless times brought IMHO quality items to the community. I bet it is going to be awesome !!!

Upvote 0
Even the trader isn't there any more. (Assuming you use the mod as delivered)

The un-official story that exists in the back of my head filed under the pack of biscuits is: *dusts off the crumbs*

In the grim future the mega corporation Wayland-Yutani corporation, during expansion of it's extensive facilities, stumbles across old Horizine cloning technology. Now they have an almost endless supply of clones for experiments. But as always, things go wrong. With the Horzine cloning vats in full auto mode clones stumble out in abundance, providing an almost endless supply of hosts for the xenomorphs.

In AliensKillingFloor; EVERYONE will hear you scream.

That's the unofficial tie in to the KF universe. ^^ *Eats a biscuit*

Upvote 0
Authors, are you thinking about improving appearance, and the main thing - animations of xenomorphs? As I know, their animations are really crappy in every game dedicated to aliens, even in the new games that has ability to make perfect animation but game devs didnt do it. Dont you think about correcting this think? For me personally, every presentation of xenomorphs is painfully incomplete, without attempt to reproduce their image with a portion of plausibility.

And one more note : they has low height.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In regards to animations, the current team doesn't have any dedicated animators. So we've had to make do with what's within our range of skill. I'll admit a lot of the animations are borrowed from KF it's self. Don't worry, they'll be no aliens walking like clots though.

A lot of the aliens are on all fours as opposed upright, the aliens average in at 6'-7'. Which if stood upright puts them taller than the player.

We currently have 4 crawling, 3 walking. Not including the facehugger, chestburster and queen.

To date I think that the animations in the AvP2010 game had the aliens moving right. But to replicate that is just uneconomic for a mod in this engine. We are limited by what the engine gives us and by what cleaver coding Marco can work in. And trust me, he's already worked in some bloody impressive alien mechanics so far. They can scale and run along walls and ceilings, mappers can add wall paths for aliens, facehuggers getting you and impregnating you. etc etc.

Take it from someone who knows, don't get hung up on details. If we did this mod would never be released because we would never think it was right. We are hoping to produce something people will have fun with. Let the likes of Gearbox with their time and money worry about getting it right. (Which so far looks like they are still messing up. Ironsights on top of the pulse rifle and red dots on motion tracker anyone? pfft)

Upvote 0
Lets not forget this is a mod. We are not a big company working on this 24/7. Accept this as it is, or don't play it. :) We feel we created a fun new experience with a theme that we love, and that is all we really wanted to achieve. If you want the aliens to be anatomically correct and animated like in the movies, by all mean...feel free to adjust the animationsets as you like. We might incorperate them in the mod if they are an improvement of what we currently have.

Upvote 0
Wrong, this is Aliens! ;) You pretty much don't really get the feel that it's KF anymore as everything has been changed except the trader (Have I missed anything?). There is quite a lot of changes that need getting use to but like sniper said, you are in for a treat.

I hope the mod keeps the same feel as KF, it would about half to being a mod built on the system :) I'm hoping :p I can understand different game settings and mechanics being used, but the systems feel should remain intact :D

I'm really looking forward to the mod, and starting up a KF Aliens server, and then hopefully adding the aliens and maybe any new weapons over to other modded servers also :p be awesome to mix things up a bit with the other Zeds :D

Upvote 0
It's still a wave based survival with trader time. So in that aspect it's still go that KF feel.

Can't say the xeno's would fit in well with existing zeds, they are so much faster. Maybe one will. But they'd be a bit out of place.

They would fit in quite well on my modded servers :p my servers are pure survival and requires pure teamwork. Even with teamwork... Survival is slim :p really looking forward to these :D

Upvote 0