• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[MOD] Aliens:KillingFloor

I dont think we will be releasing the source public. But you can always ask for help by adding us on steam and such. :) This is so people don't fck around with all our hard work and create a mismatch haven on the public servers.

Yes, a steam conversation would be great, and anything that I do use will not be put on any servers, trust me, considering this will be a total conversion/offline mod.

Upvote 0
The videos are a nice preview. One thing that stands out is the smart gun sounds. Its wrong in the video. It should use the same sound as the M41A as per the Aliens movie. If you guys checkout the upcoming Aliens Colonial Marine game, it has the correct smart gun sounds, just like the Aliens movie.

I love the thermal view of the smart gun though!

Can't wait to see the grenade launcher and flame throwers in action!!!

BTW: For the Aliens, how many variety will you have? If you count it from all the Alien movies, and including the AvP movies, there are a few different types.

Upvote 0
We know the sound is a little off atm. We are working on the details like that. Trust me, we have every intention of making sure they are right. Or as close as I can reasonably make it. The smart gun at time of filming was unfinished.

As for alien variants we have currently.
Runner,
Drone,
Warrior,
Spitter,
Assassin,
Praetorian and
Hive Guard
(oh, lets not forget the Face Huggers (Queen and normal))
The chest burster even makes a guest appearance.

No nade launcher planned. There will be a smg/carbine and another pistol (maybe) Flamer was in the second vid.

Oh and trust me, we know all about ACM (I've already preordered my super duper edition).

Upvote 0
Here's a little something I made for everyone to reminisce. Enjoy!

Motivational1.jpg

Motivational2.jpg

Motivational3.jpg

Motivational4.jpg

Motivational5.jpg

Motivational6.jpg

Motivational7.jpg

Motivational8.jpg

Motivational9.jpg

Motivational10.jpg

Note to developers: You guys are really doing a great job. Really like the Thermal Vision of the Smart Gun. I hope this sees daylight some day. Keep up the good work, and hopefully this will be able to satiate the fix we all so badly need before ACM comes out (and even long, long after it does.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I doubt Fox will do anything, they are too busy cleaning up the mess that is Prometheus. lol

If they decide to lock it down, then so be it. When we were developing the DeadSpace mod we also mailed EA about it...never got a response from them....so voila, the community got a DS mod. :)

Upvote 0
How well does the Rifleman class stack up to the other two classes balance wise since they get the healing syringe and sentry/welder? Do the Pulse Rifle bonuses make it worth him not having a support item? I only ask because I have been heavily addicted to Aliens Vs. Predator 2 since launch and that Pulse Rifle is my baby. I'd love to be able to use it full time again.

P.S. I love you for making the grenades straight shot again. That curved crap in AvP3 for "balance reasons" aggravated me to no end.

Upvote 0
The rifle man is really the only class with a enough fire power and ammo. With the facehuggers it's impossible to solo so we thought there is no point in giving the other perks a syringe or welder. Make you need a diverse team and premote, you know, teamwork.

And the nades do have an arc, it's just not so noticeable at shorter ranges, like the M79.

Also due to RL things this project has been delayed a little. Although I hope to come back to it soon. (No we will not give it to someone else to finish, so don't ask.)

Upvote 0
Yesterday I played in server wich has motion tracker as same as in the video with same sounds.Maybe other stuff to ,but i played only few minutes.So someone already has unfinished source code.

That's from a version ages ago. And wasn't exactly unique to our mod. While originally made for our mod it wasn't only for our mod.

And yes, there is a very early build of the mod floating around because people rip stuff out of caches. Which is why the current version is under lock down and the server isn't open to the public.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0