• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Half-Dead's Random Replacement Release Thread

I loved these weapons but like you I wanted to see them gold, and when i replace all the old skin with the mw3 models the golden guns were like normal, so what I did was verify the cache to delete the changes, and then I copied all except KF_Weapons_Gold_T.utx and weapons were golden and the skin of the mw3 and I think they look much better. Thanks you Half Dead !

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
WOW! Also the executioner looks something like that (whitelisted mut) . Thanks dude!

Upvote 0
Uploaded a fix for the MW Weapons. It seems that the gold weapon DLC broke them so I went ahead and got them working again. Should work with gold weapons. I fixed it for them but i can't test it since i don't have that DLC.
If these weapons are from MW2/3 they should have gold textures somewhere, might be worth looking into.
Also, are you thinking of doing world models? I know it's minimal, but I'm that kind of person.
Anyway, awesome skins, thanks.

Upvote 0
and then I copied all except KF_Weapons_Gold_T.utx and weapons were golden and the skin of the mw3 and I think they look much better. Thanks you Half Dead !

Jezus...the UV map is totally fcked up and you think that looks better??

Next thing you know people will just start swapping texture files just because they can.

Make the AK47 look like a bloat wooohooo.

Upvote 0
The MW3 reskins are fantastic however the M4 still is a little wonky, the weird texture shadow thing is still existant and the red dot, though centered perfectly is not perfectly within the center of the red dot sight, so it is really strange to look at that. I love the reskins simply because their iron sights are uber clean compared to the standard killing floor models.

Upvote 0