• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod Release - KF Gun Game v. 0.50 Alpha

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
Killing Floor Gun Game Mod version 0.50 Alpha is now available for download. What is Killing Floor Gun Game? Well here is a quick video some friends of mine made the other night during a playtest:

Killing Floor - Team Deathmatch Gungame Experiment - YouTube

Put very simply Gun Game is a game mode for up to 32 players where the player starts out with a weak weapon, and for every kill gets instantly upgraded to a better weapon. The goal is to be the first player to get to the final weapon and get a kill. There are two teams, but the focus is solely on killing as fast as you can. Gun Game is a fast paced action packed game type. While it uses the weapons and characters from KF, it is not meant to be done in a somewhat different style. There is a crosshair, players move faster, its funny, silly, and crazy.

This mod is something that myself, a community mapper, and another dev have been working on in our spare time. It is not officially developed or supported by Tripwire. If it really takes off in the community, who knows what we may do with it :) But for now it's just an unofficial thing we've been doing for fun.

Finding Gun Game Servers:
In the browser just sort by mapname. Gun game maps all start with "GG-" so it should be easy to spot the gun game servers.

Installation:
These installation instructions are meant for server administrators. You could extract these files and play on your client, as long as you put the files in the right place. But server admins should put these files up on their servers with a redirect so clients can download from them.

1) Grab the download from here:
http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/GG/GunGame_Alpha_050.zip

2) Extract the zip file to your servers base killingfloor directory (this should put the maps, textures, etc in the right place).

3) There is an example batch file in the download in the system folder for launching a Gun Game server. Use this batch file as an example to create your own Gun Game server launcher. Here is a sample commandline:
Code:
ucc server GG-TR_CloseQuarters.rom?game=KFGunGame.KFGG?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=32?MinPlayers=8

Server Configuration:

1) Make sure you up the MaxPlayers for your server (assuming that is ok with your server host), as Gun Game can handle up to 32 players. It will take much more CPU and bandwidth than a 6 player KF coop server though. So be aware of that (it should be in the realm of running a 32 player UT2004 Team Deathmatch server in terms of CPU/Bandwidth usage).

2) TimeLimit - This value can be set in webadmin or your INI file to set a time limit on how long you want a match to be able to take.

3) WarmupTime - Gun Game features a warmup round to give players a chance to get into the game and ready before the real match starts. This value can be set in webadmin or your INI file. If set to 0 there is no warmup round. If it is greater than zero then it specifies the number of seconds that the warmup round will last.

3) Reverse Weapon List (bReverseList in INI) - Usually Gun Game goes from weakest to strongest for its weapon list. Setting this value to true will reverse the normal weapon list to allow for a different type of play. This value can be set in webadmin or your INI file.

Have Fun:
Go have fun with Gun Game!!! It is not meant to be too serious or realistic, so just jump in and have some fun!

WOW.JPG

I <3 gun games, one in KF will be epic!
some Qs:
1) Is there a crosshair in game? I noticed the little ticks on your screen EDIT: I apparantly had a derp moment, and skipped over that in the description...
2) Would it be possible to "perk change" every time you "gun change" to the appropriate perk? My bet is that it'd be smoother especially with commando guns. I noticed the Scar in the video had some troubling ride to it.
3) couldn't quite tell: are teh skins the same per team, or does one just go by "he's got health bar, that guy doesn't."
4) Is it possible to add community guns easily? Or to easily change the guns orders? an .ini txt file like Braindead did for his "Custom Trader" mutator would really make this special.

As soon as I finish my finals I hope i get time to playtest teh **** outta this :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've thrown a 32 slot server up for anyone interested.

b_560_95_1.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0