• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Operation Dark Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote war. Yay.

No one knows why he really left. He never really gave a real reason. Its all speculation.

So your immediate assumption is he blames TWI? Not the people who cut his mods down? I'm not protecting anyone, I just don't understand why you have this "Up yours TWI attitude". You are basing your arguement on water thin evidence.

If thats true, then thats quite comical. TWI get a load of modders to do the hard work and then cash in on it for themselves. Yeah real noble.
Do some research. Darkest Hour and Mare Nostrum were 2 huge mods for Red Orchestra 1, and they were both released free to add onto the game.

For RO2 they tried a new experiement where their "mod" team were to make a mod. I quote Ramm almost exactly here "If it is a mod of really good quality, we'll take it in house, polish it up and release it as a new expansion to the game. If its only kinda good, we'll simply release it as a free mod." Whether or not the mod team would get a share of the profits wasn't the base of the converstaion so I don't know one way or the other. However given the rewards they have given out for other modders I'd assume the modders would get a share.

Greed. They dont give two fig rolls. If you stopped giving them money, they'd drop you in a hearbeat.
Well I don't know where you are getting that from. Red Orchestra got tonnes of free updates for 5 years. Killng Floor has had 3 major updates for free across 3 years, with a new perk, over half a dozen new maps, double the weapon count, a beta where they actively involved the community to help the games balance, how much stuff do you actually want for free? Furthermore I'd hardly call

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jester is right - TWI is a company - YEA THEY NEED TO MAKE MONEY.
but they cough up content like crazy compared to most developers. Look at any EA/Activision release in comparison - KF releases several guns and some zed skins for free, along with awesom char packs for a pittance. EA charges 5$ for some cars in Need for Speed...

And developers put in hours. alot of hours. deadlines are a b***h, and because of the amount of hype put in, you can't delay without major PR faceloss, and you can't release anything but the best because people complain about "beta" releases...

Walo... So far your pointing fingers EVERYWHERE taking a very Knightly tone... SMIFF annoys the hell outta me. But you just as much. And while i'd love hunter to come back or release his stuff, the mod "industry" "hobby" whatever is a objective one - people comment, and its not always nice. If you can't take it, don't subject yourself to it.

The thing I don't get is why trolls are so successful in forums - its the honest criticism that should be hard to take, no the stupid trashtalk...

Upvote 0
I'm just going to step and and say this conversation needs to be defused immediately. Gregs already handed out the warning, there are mods still around and trash talk is not going to be accepted. Any "Speculation" perhaps should be discussed in a new thread or via private message. After all, Hunter is recovering from surgery, the least we can do is give his thread some respect instead of blowing it up with an argument war. :IS2:

Upvote 0
I'm just going to step and and say this conversation needs to be defused immediately. Gregs already handed out the warning, there are mods still around and trash talk is not going to be accepted. Any "Speculation" perhaps should be discussed in a new thread or via private message. After all, Hunter is recovering from surgery, the least we can do is give his thread some respect instead of blowing it up with an argument war. :IS2:

I think this covers up everything

Upvote 0
just to clear that up - he is likely still not 100%, but he was gone for months recovering... you don't get to claim recovery at this point unless its like, brain damage or paralysis - he decided he wanted to be done with this community, a good portion of that decision, as he vocalized, was him being fed up with underapreciation and poor community.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.