Specimen versus modificationVersion
This mod does not work with any custom specimen yet (other from Doom 2 ones). Nor it does not work with my standard ServerPerks modification, however you can download ServerPerks add-on mutator from below which works just fine.Description
This modification started as a fix from BlackCheetah's mod but eventually led to I had to rewrite everything from scratch.Credits
You can run this mod in 2 different modes (you can toggle this on WebAdmin under Defaults > Server > Full VS mode):
1: Team vs mode, players may join the blue (specimen's) team and take control of any specimen in the level they like (except for Patriarch).
2: There are no teams, dead players can simply take control of specimen in wave and either aid or fight against them.
Players on "specimen team" are like spectators but can see players through walls as red dots and specimen as green, to take control of the specimen simply aim at them and tap [Fire].
As a specimen you have a night vision and see players through walls as red dots (yay for wallhacking).
Several of the specimen have a primary fire mode (melee attacks) and an alternative fire mode (special moves), some of them even have a charge meter which can be time based or damage based which controls the use of special moves.
TheBlackCheetah for the original mod idea.Download
WPC clan, Lethal_Vortex and XJ5 for beta testing.
KFMonsterVS (v 1.6) - Main files needed to run this mod:Version history
You can run this game from game selection menu by selecting "Team VS KF" or launching server with URL ?Game=KFMonsterVS.VSGame.
ServerPerks add-on (v 1.6) - ServerPerks fix to run with this game mode (and this game mode only, do not run this mutator with any other game modes!). Do not run standard ServerPerks mutator together with this one, only "Server Vet Handler VS Fix" (or VSServerPerksMut.VSSPerksMut in URL line).
- Made 6 first players of the server visibility aura to be always visible for specimen players.
- Fixed invisible zeds problem.
- Removed the built-in bot support with the mod, if you want bots, use the far more superior KF bots mod I've made.
- Changed so that you can toggle night vision of zeds by pressing your flashlight key (while you are playing as a zed).
- Changed all specimen players to show their view over the head as behindview, to give you a better clue what animation you are playing.
- Fixed a bug where AI specimen would deal double damage.
- Modified FleshPound players automatically rage from having a player in line of sight.
- Added hit sounds so that you know that you actually managed to hit players as a specimen (indicated by *Donk* sound).
- Made Patriarch a playable character (you can disable this from KFMonsterVS.ini, and delete line "PossessablePawns=AwesomePat").
- Made Husk and Patriarch have a crosshair when you play as them.
- Fixed movement animations for Crawler players when walking on walls.
- Made Crawler players non-solid so that you don't get their strange Engine physics error where you make an ultra high jump from walking into another pawn.
- Made so that you can have more than 6 max players.
- Made specimen vision player location indicators fade between colors to show players health (100 HP = green, 75 HP = yellow, 25 HP = red), so that you know which one to attack first.
- Initial release.