• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mod] Specimen versus

Hello,
I hope you can get back to me on this, but I really hope someone can. Now, the summer slideshow event is going on and there are the custom zeds. But when I play the specimen versus it uses the default zeds. My guess is they are not programmed to use the others. So, could you make an update where on the special events they will change to those zeds?
Thanks, Sandman.

Upvote 0
Hello,
I hope you can get back to me on this, but I really hope someone can. Now, the summer slideshow event is going on and there are the custom zeds. But when I play the specimen versus it uses the default zeds. My guess is they are not programmed to use the others. So, could you make an update where on the special events they will change to those zeds?
Thanks, Sandman.

Anyone? Does anyone know if Marco will get back to me on my request?

Upvote 0
I tried to run this mod on my server with ScrN, yet never received the team select prompt and can't find an option in the ingame menu. I've changed the gametype and am running the modified version of serverperks. Is there a console command I need to use to change teams? What am I missing?

Incompatible with ScrnBalance that's why

Upvote 0
has anybody gotten this to work after the halloween update? it use to work fine before and now every map I try it keeps crashing after I press ready when creating a listen server , would be nice if marco would updated , I'm sure it would be popular if players knew this existed , when I had it working on my listen server players would ask how it was possible to take over the specimen they were really surprised , I saw something similar to this in the workshop but looks like that vs hasn't been updated for a long time , wished this could be uploaded to workshop so people would know it exists, again I would appreciate if this was updated , thanks marco for all the work u do .

Upvote 0
Issue with the mod.

Issue with the mod.

Hello,
I tried to install this mod and put all files into the system folder.
I used the mutator ?Game=KFMonsterVS.VSGame.
I Joined my server and everything worked fine, after the wave began.
no zombie spawned... thats what i saw they were all invisible and as soon a zombie touches me the entire server crashed.
yesterday i played on a server who got the exact same mod working, without any errors or invisible zombies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello,
I tried to install this mod and put all files into the system folder.
I used the mutator ?Game=KFMonsterVS.VSGame.
I Joined my server and everything worked fine, after the wave began.
no zombie spawned... thats what i saw they were all invisible and as soon a zombie touches me the entire server crashed.
yesterday i played on a server who got the exact same mod working, without any errors or invisible zombies.
Whats the server you joined Ip? I can't find any servers running any versus mod. And for your issue, same thing for me. Zombies are invisible. Mod is most likely broken, who knows when/if it will ever be fixed.

Upvote 0
Whats the server you joined Ip? I can't find any servers running any versus mod. And for your issue, same thing for me. Zombies are invisible. Mod is most likely broken, who knows when/if it will ever be fixed.
It is a code change in KF where the original code being used is now a abstract class.
Its a real simple fix but TWI broke A LOT of custom mission maps, mutators, and game types.
It goes like this, if the code is told to extend (say) KFChar.ZombieClot, it will no longer work, it must now be KFChar.ZombieClot_Standard . What's the point of this change, I'm not sure.
Just wait until Marco updates it.

Upvote 0