• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mod] Specimen versus

No sorry mate, not yet and it is a future update to put one back on but im more into my project at the moment.
Oh okay. Only problem about versus I always found was lack of servers. People actually aren't hard to be convinced to play it, mostly there r no servers and people don't know even about this mod. And this version is really hard for me to find out what's going on. Any instructions? I mean the first post doesn't really help, I need to know how to change team, how to set server (I know there is written how but it seems not to work and I don't know how to put the URL thing). I'd be glad if I got all the information about it.

Upvote 0
You can play two versions here:

188.165.246.94:8907

changing filter game type on map voting. ;)
I gonna poop myself :D THANKS!

EDIT: Okay so here is what I gotta say about your server and the mods:
First of all the Cheetah's versus is all fine except from those 3 issues:
1. People join specimens mostly so there is disproportion.
2. Too high difficulty, never made it more than to 2nd wave.
3. Mostly the perk weapon doesn't spawn. By that I mean as zerker I don't get chainsaw even though I should.

As for the other versus there is only 1, but HUGE problem I found - weapons you buy or pick up always disappear after you change weapon or heal. I think same happened once at the other versus too to me, but not sure.

Can you please see into these? :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, why can't you go Patriarch????
Have you ever played the Black Cheetah's mod when there used to be the huge server with over 30 players? The Patriarch players used to hide in unreachable areas and didn't move just so the Patriarch wave never ended meanwhile other specimen players wiped off the team. Exactly same reason the Patriarch is unplayable here I suppose, not to mention that programming Patriarch wave with Patriarch player would most likely be hard as Patriarch has really big code of what I heard.

Upvote 0
Weirdly, I Can load out the gametype, along the URL line, but whenever the server loads, it goes
(when trying to add in the server perks mutator fix for VSS)
" Warning: Failed to load 'Class VSServerPerks.VSSPerksMut': Failed to find object 'Class VSServerPerks.VSSPerksMut' "
I think it says you are missing the VSSPerksMut file...

Upvote 0
Weirdly, I Can load out the gametype, along the URL line, but whenever the server loads, it goes
(when trying to add in the server perks mutator fix for VSS)
" Warning: Failed to load 'Class VSServerPerks.VSSPerksMut': Failed to find object 'Class VSServerPerks.VSSPerksMut' "
You must be trying to turn on a mutator that doesn't exist. Are you trying to make the server work with the ServerPerks enabled?

Upvote 0