Forum Rules

• Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

[Mutator] Infected soldiers

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mutator] Infected soldiers

This mutator adds infected soldiers (armed specimen) to the game. They will increase the difficulty of the game as-well as are able to shoot players that are camping at unreachable (map) glitch spots.

The mutator adds the new specimen in the later waves (after ~50 % of the waves has passed). It starts with the easier ones, then adds in harder ones as game progresses.

Currently it contains following specimen:

Infected soldier
    Weapon: Bullpup
    Movement speed: Very fast (500)
    Damage: Low (3-7)
    Notes: He is simply fast at taking some damage but weak.

Infected commando
    Weapon: SCAR
    Movement speed: Medium (350)
    Damage: Medium (5-9)
    Notes: Slightly stronger version of the soldiers.

Infected sniper
    Weapon: Lever Action Rifle
    Movement speed: Slow (250)
    Damage: Medium (15-24)
    Notes: He tends to stay back, far away and take some shots whenever you're not looking.

Infected shot-gunner
    Weapon: Shotgun
    Movement speed: Medium (270)
    Damage: Medium (13)
    Notes: You better not let him get close to you or he will turn you into a Swiss cheese.

Infected berserker
    Weapon: Axe
    Movement speed: Medium (290)
    Damage: High (40)
    Notes: This woman does just brute force attacks and chop you into pieces.

Infected demolition
    Weapon: LAW
    Movement speed: Very slow (160)
    Damage: Very high (200)
    Notes: He is very slow and takes his time before his fires his weapon but his shots are lethal.

Infected field medic
    Weapon: Medic gun
    Movement speed: Fast (375)
    Damage: Low (4)
    Notes: He is capable of healing wounded enemy foes.

Infected flamer hazmat
    Weapon: Flame thrower
    Movement speed: Very slow (120)
    Damage: High (35)
    Notes: He is also very slow as-well as immune to fire but can wipe you out like nothing at close range.

Infected ???
    Weapon: Flower power
    Movement speed: Medium (270)
    Damage: Medium (20)
    Notes: This guy you should have never met in KF.

Infected grenader
    Weapon: M32 Grenade launcher
    Movement speed: Medium (240)
    Damage: High (100)
    Notes: One of the deadliest foes to be seen, he is also nearly immune to explosions, take him out quickly before he opens fire!

Download mod from here.

The mutator to add to the game for this is called "ZED Infected Soldiers" (or ZEDSoldiers.ZEDMut in server URL).
    I will add screenshots later.

Version history:
    Ver 1.0:
    - Added Shotgunner, Medic and Grenader specimen types.
    - Added settings to modify their speed/damage/projectile type/spawn rates.
    - Optimized networking for their weapon visuals a bit.
    Beta 0.5:
    - Released to public.

And please report any bugs you find.
    Last edited by Marco; 04-27-2014, 03:00 PM. Reason: Update to ver 1
    [QUOTE=HuNteR-;973441]Sadly no, we can't do anything about it, fools like Marco will always exist, and with no one with power pulling strings, its a lost cause.[/QUOTE]

[LEFT]Yomommassis (Yo

Sounds GREAT!

Will check this one ASAP!

Larger Image:
      Last edited by JEmmaB; 02-22-2011, 01:38 PM. Reason: added pic.
      [URL=""]Wolf Pack Clan[/URL] [URL=""]Greater Good Games[/URL]

LOL, the speedy bullpup soldiers remind me of the assasins from HL 1.
        Pretty, what do we blow up first? - Myn Donos

Originally posted by Yoshiro View Post
          LOL, the speedy bullpup soldiers remind me of the assasins from HL 1.
          QFT. Also loving the LAW dude... pretty awesome mutator. Well done Marco

Originally posted by Gregs2k2 View Post
            QFT. Also loving the LAW dude... pretty awesome mutator. Well done Marco
            Yeah, i met LAW dude few days ago, and then BAAAMMM.. i did back flip and landed on the floor with my limbs scattered around.
            Press the picture to visit [WIP] map thread.
            Last Updated: 2010-12-27

can i put this zombies in the sandbox? i can't find the zombienames in the .u

great mutator dude...

LOL diggin the old KF meshes

lol this just reminds me of the old killingfloor
                  I dont want to shoot them..I want to give them some dosh and heal them :[
                  [LEFT]Yomommassis (Yo

Oh man, I want to test this out now.

Does this replace every zed and drop the spawn numbers? If so Players versus Infected AI would be pretty neat.

Originally posted by Lucidius134 View Post
                      Oh man, I want to test this out now.

Does this replace every zed and drop the spawn numbers? If so Players versus Infected AI would be pretty neat.
                      No, they're in addition to. But only about 3 or 4 spawn in the later waves (6 onwards). You wouldn't want these guys to replace the zeds, it would be bad news for the players

Okay, so I played this.

Got to wave 8 on Normal just fine.

Wave 9 starts, i see a flesh pound and a bloat on one side of me, a husk and a scake on the other side of me (west london), so I begin to pepper the scake and husk with my M32 when....

I hear distant bullpup fire and all of my armor is gone and my screen is red. I instinctivly quick heal and check around me, thinking something snuck up on me.

Something literally WIZES by my ****ing screen. Is it a bird? Sonic the Hedgehog? **** if I know because it shot me to death and sped off faster then I coukld process what the **** was happening.

Seems these guys (and girl) are fans of the leather clad Half life assassins.

Greater Good Games

muy excelente!

I used to have a pointless signature, but those days are past.

Originally posted by Frenrihr View Post
                              can i put this zombies in the sandbox? i can't find the zombienames in the .u
                              To spawn them in game (or sandbox):
                              Summon ZEDSoldiersB.ZEDSoldier
                              Summon ZEDSoldiersB.ZEDCommando
                              Summon ZEDSoldiersB.ZEDDemo
                              Summon ZEDSoldiersB.ZEDBerserker
                              Summon ZEDSoldiersB.ZEDFlamer
                              Summon ZEDSoldiersB.ZEDMario
                              [QUOTE=HuNteR-;973441]Sadly no, we can't do anything about it, fools like Marco will always exist, and with no one with power pulling strings, its a lost cause.[/QUOTE]