• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Infected soldiers

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
This mutator adds infected soldiers (armed specimen) to the game. They will increase the difficulty of the game as-well as are able to shoot players that are camping at unreachable (map) glitch spots.

The mutator adds the new specimen in the later waves (after ~50 % of the waves has passed). It starts with the easier ones, then adds in harder ones as game progresses.

Currently it contains following specimen:

Infected soldier
Weapon: Bullpup
Movement speed: Very fast (500)
Damage: Low (3-7)
Notes: He is simply fast at taking some damage but weak.

Infected commando
Weapon: SCAR
Movement speed: Medium (350)
Damage: Medium (5-9)
Notes: Slightly stronger version of the soldiers.

Infected sniper
Weapon: Lever Action Rifle
Movement speed: Slow (250)
Damage: Medium (15-24)
Notes: He tends to stay back, far away and take some shots whenever you're not looking.

Infected shot-gunner
Weapon: Shotgun
Movement speed: Medium (270)
Damage: Medium (13)
Notes: You better not let him get close to you or he will turn you into a Swiss cheese.

Infected berserker
Weapon: Axe
Movement speed: Medium (290)
Damage: High (40)
Notes: This woman does just brute force attacks and chop you into pieces.

Infected demolition
Weapon: LAW
Movement speed: Very slow (160)
Damage: Very high (200)
Notes: He is very slow and takes his time before his fires his weapon but his shots are lethal.

Infected field medic
Weapon: Medic gun
Movement speed: Fast (375)
Damage: Low (4)
Notes: He is capable of healing wounded enemy foes.

Infected flamer hazmat
Weapon: Flame thrower
Movement speed: Very slow (120)
Damage: High (35)
Notes: He is also very slow as-well as immune to fire but can wipe you out like nothing at close range.

Infected ???
Weapon: Flower power
Movement speed: Medium (270)
Damage: Medium (20)
Notes: This guy you should have never met in KF.

Infected grenader
Weapon: M32 Grenade launcher
Movement speed: Medium (240)
Damage: High (100)
Notes: One of the deadliest foes to be seen, he is also nearly immune to explosions, take him out quickly before he opens fire!

Download mod from here.

The mutator to add to the game for this is called "ZED Infected Soldiers" (or ZEDSoldiers.ZEDMut in server URL).
I will add screenshots later.

Version history:
Ver 1.0:
- Added Shotgunner, Medic and Grenader specimen types.
- Added settings to modify their speed/damage/projectile type/spawn rates.
- Optimized networking for their weapon visuals a bit.
Beta 0.5:
- Released to public.

And please report any bugs you find.

Last edited:
Sounds GREAT! :D

Will check this one ASAP! :)

==========================

Tested! :D

9809769_936eb7620d_b.jpg

Larger Image:

http://static.zooomr.com/images/9809769_2f704fabfd_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: YoYoBatty
Upvote 0
Oh man, I want to test this out now.

Does this replace every zed and drop the spawn numbers? If so Players versus Infected AI would be pretty neat.

No, they're in addition to. But only about 3 or 4 spawn in the later waves (6 onwards). You wouldn't want these guys to replace the zeds, it would be bad news for the players :D

Upvote 0
Okay, so I played this.

Got to wave 8 on Normal just fine.

Wave 9 starts, i see a flesh pound and a bloat on one side of me, a husk and a scake on the other side of me (west london), so I begin to pepper the scake and husk with my M32 when....

I hear distant bullpup fire and all of my armor is gone and my screen is red. I instinctivly quick heal and check around me, thinking something snuck up on me.

Something literally WIZES by my ****ing screen. Is it a bird? Sonic the Hedgehog? **** if I know because it shot me to death and sped off faster then I coukld process what the **** was happening.

Upvote 0
Just played a game where I cheated to spawn tons of Infected ???....and chaos ensued. I didn't last long, but I took a few down with me...:eek:

I don't even know if its possible to survive it on any difficulty if you made a "??? Only" mut!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Hi, does their HP scale according to the number of players?

Because i notice they rarely spawn, and when they do, its quite easy to take them down :(

Apart from that, Mario hasn't spawned yet :(

Can we be given the options to change the spawn rates and types that will spawn through webadmin?

Much like your Slots Mutator where we could change the chance of the cards.

[EDIT] On my server, it seems like the mutator gets disabled after mapchange....
It only launches if i restart the server. After the first map changes, it just disables itself... Any help :(

Already added it to the command line so it starts up with the server..

Last edited:
Upvote 0