• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Released] Hunting Rifle Beta

Thank you so much Aze. comments like make what we do worth while :)

I have updated the front page to include the 'Final' version, which addresses the crashing bug and has a new fire sound (thanks Hemi)
I also upped the ammo to 50 from 40 and decreased reload time, slightly.

Hunting Rifle Final Version (I hope)

Thank you to everyone who has supported and downloaded this mod.

Omg I have been waiting for this for ages! I will be using this on my server now for sure! :D

Upvote 0
I noticed something...

IT IS WHITELISTED!!! :eek:
Congratz Braindead! :)

However, it doesn't seem to benefit from the reload speed nor the hidden RoF-bonus (which the LAR has). I dunno if it benefits from the damage bonus (although, it likely does)

yay thanks Aze and thank you TWI :)

not sure on the perk stuff, wouldn't we have to create server perk stuff to have custom perks added?

Upvote 0
yay thanks Aze and thank you TWI :)

not sure on the perk stuff, wouldn't we have to create server perk stuff to have custom perks added?

Yes, that's the only problem. Till the next KF update we have to find a way on how to implement these guns into the KF perks.
Also we have to make the your Hunting rifle and our Weaponpack compatible. At the moment you can only play with one of them :(

Upvote 0
Yes, that's the only problem. Till the next KF update we have to find a way on how to implement these guns into the KF perks.
Also we have to make the your Hunting rifle and our Weaponpack compatible. At the moment you can only play with one of them :(

cool, I'll have a look to see what's what in the perk files.

Feel free to add the hunting rifle files to the next weapon pack if that helps? I did include the source files in the whiltelist thread or i could create a mut to add all of them to the trader? up to you guys, whichever you think would be the most convenient?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
cool, I'll have a look to see what's what in the perk files.

Feel free to add the hunting rifle files to the next weapon pack if that helps? I did include the source files in the whiltelist thread or i could create a mut to add all of them to the trader? up to you guys, whichever you think would be the most convenient?

I don't think that adding your rifle to our weaponpack is a good idea, as it's your wonderful work and people then might forget that you made it (not everyone reads the credits). Bug reporting might also get a bit messed up.

A mutator, which combines these weapons would be cool though. :)

Reactions: braindead
Upvote 0
I added this one to my servers over the IJC pack. It was a very hard choice to make, but I feel this one is more in line with the nature of Killing Floor's random survivors with random weapons. Further, as we are playing mainly hard, the hunting rifle has enough power to take down a husk at distance and allows a lever action rifle to be carried, a better combo than HC + Xbow or M14 + LAR on open maps untill wave 5. I have yet to go Scrake hunting, but if that is succesfull, the combo would be good to wave 7.

It would be very nice if it could run along IJC pack and we could get discounts, but I must stress I am extremely impressed by the work put in both the IJC pack and this rifle.

Upvote 0
Added this weapon to my server today
Everyone who uses it seems to love it
it's a real addition to the SS class

I like the balance with it also
Its not to powerful
Which I like

But I would like more penetration than 2 mobs
I can't seem to get a bullet through more than 2

But I dont want to complain, this weapon is amazing
Everyone has nothing but compliments

Reactions: braindead
Upvote 0
Loving the Rifle braindead. Everything about it is pure awesome. I only have one mere problem. After firing, I can't zoom first go. Meaning I have to double click rmb to zoom after firing. It works fine after reloading or switching weapons. It's not a big deal, but it is slightly annoying, just wanna bring that to your attention.

Also, am I the only person who has this happen?

Upvote 0