• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Christmas Zeds for KF-EvilSantasLair

Whitelisted mods/maps are mods/maps that the developers allow to be used while still allow perk leveling. This was done because players could create over powered mods or broken maps that allowed for easy leveling with no challenge or effort.

The Greylist or "Harmless mod list" are mods that allow the player to use his/her current perks but not allow them to level up any further while the mod is active.

Blacklist is non existent, it has no form, people just use the word sometimes to refer to anything that is not grey/whitelisted.

Reactions: Gartley
Upvote 0
I just tried this mod and it is awesome. But if I have the Doom3 or KFvehicals mutators set, it will attempt to load the map forever.

If I remove those 2 mutators, it works and end of the map lets me cycle to a normal KF game.

I tried it with Brute, hellfire, shivers, WTFzed, and ZED Infected soldiers which work. Any way to update it so it won't conflict with the 2 mods so I can keep it running to the next map without restarting the game? I was testing it in solo by the way.

Upvote 0
Sorry guys, I promised myself I wouldn't make another mutator like this since this one upset certain people. If you really want to use the circus zeds use sandbox mode. The specimen names are the same except they have _CIRCUS on the end, so for example ZombieSiren_CIRCUS. You may want to take a backup of the circus media since I think TWI will remove it in a near update.

I just tried this mod and it is awesome. But if I have the Doom3 or KFvehicals mutators set, it will attempt to load the map forever.

This problem is caused by other mods fighting to load their own gametype - I could alter this mutator to not do this but it means the game would precache all the non-christmas media, resulting in much larger loading times and larger memory use.

Upvote 0
This problem is caused by other mods fighting to load their own gametype - I could alter this mutator to not do this but it means the game would precache all the non-christmas media, resulting in much larger loading times and larger memory use.

That would cool if you can update it. Most people I think are running 4 GB of memory these days so precacheing is not a problem, especially for a dedicated server with no graphics load running in the background. It would help servers keep all their mutators loaded without having to run multiple servers or stop/restart the server to switch out the monsters.

Upvote 0