• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] HUD Slot Machines

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
Name: HUD Slot Machines

Version: 2.00

Description: This mutator gives players a slot machine alike cards scrolling on screen when you kill specimen. By default it gives one card for each 4 kills, and those cards can eighter do; nothing, something good, something bad.
You get 3 cards, all 3 of them must be the same in order for them to do something!

Download:
http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/KFSlotMachine.zip

(Source code)

Version history:
2.00:
- Changed slot machine HUD be scaled by Y screen size (so that widescreen users don't get extreme HUD size).
- Merged SlotsAddOn with main mutator.
- Added admin commands, use: Mutate SLOT HELP - to see them all.
- Fixed problems where zombies wouldn't spawn in latest KF version.
- Changed Patriarch Jr to not spawn helper squads when he gets hurt.
- Fixed networking of santa hat and masks, so they don't sometimes render floating in air or sideways on players head.
- Changed mask card to change player's current mask if gets the same card twice in one life.
- Added support for bots to receive cards (can be disabled by setting bAllowBotCards=false).
- Made it so that if you die before reciving card effect, you will recive the effect anyway upon respawn (to prevent players from canceling really bad cards by suiciding before getting it).
- Changed so Unholy hand grenade does not team-kill, also made its damage radius bigger to prevent zeds from getting stuck in it.
- Fixed cash share card to display for all players correct amount of cash given on the message.
- Fixed drunk card so it does not effect spectators.
- Added a new cards: geometry view card, assist card.
- Fixed palette of holy hand grenade icon.
1.00:
- Initial release.

I've created following cards to come by default with the mutator:

Card name - Desirability (likelyhood of appearing) - Description what it does.
The good:
AdrenalineCard - 1.00 - Gives you 500 health (for high speed movement) for 60 seconds.
AmmoCard - 1.00 - Maxes out all your ammo.
ArmorCard - 1.00 - Gives you full armor.
AssistCard - 0.40 - Spawns 3 friendly soldiers around you that will aid you until they die.
CashCard - 1.00 - Gives you 400-800

Last edited:
KFPoe.JPG

In case you couldn't tell, it is Poe model from Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Upvote 0
Would be so much more awesome with the actual slot machine sound fx playing (handle being pulled, rolling reels, payout sounds and booby prize sounds).
Yes I thought about that but came up to 2 problems:
1 - I didn't have any good sound FX for it.
2 - I kinda figured the sounds would be quite distracting from real gameplay.

On the other news I released an add-on for this mutator (check first post) which adds more (including Santa hat) cards.

Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0
Yes I thought about that but came up to 2 problems:
1 - I didn't have any good sound FX for it.
2 - I kinda figured the sounds would be quite distracting from real gameplay.

On the other news I released an add-on for this mutator (check first post) which adds more (including Santa hat) cards.

Awesome, will give the addon a try. Just had an awesome game, was LOL, i felt physically ill being drunk! Also, the sounds would add to the game IMO, a couple of other friends also agree it would add to it. It's your mod though, so no worries.

Upvote 0