• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF-WTFMut, betabees

I couldn't help but to notice the mod had extra large texture package, then when I looked it up I noticed it was full of hi-res uncompressed 32bit textures. You should consider compressing them into DXT1/3/5 (DXT1 for non-translucent and DXT3/5 for translucent ones), and it would reduce their size by a lot. Some smaller ones that are 512x512 or less in resolution can be converted into paletted 8-bit textures.

Upvote 0
I couldn't help but to notice the mod had extra large texture package, then when I looked it up I noticed it was full of hi-res uncompressed 32bit textures. You should consider compressing them into DXT1/3/5 (DXT1 for non-translucent and DXT3/5 for translucent ones), and it would reduce their size by a lot. Some smaller ones that are 512x512 or less in resolution can be converted into paletted 8-bit textures.

Don't forget DXT1 with 1-bit alpha that really really helps with a few textures that have just a 1-bit alpha, dunno if they are used here since it's generally useful with hud textures, doubt it for weapon skins

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TOPSGT: I think they are the same, but I'd recommend you remove any old wtfmut assets and copy the new ones into place. The entire zip file is only 36 MB.

Marco / ForrestMark9: I will point these comments out to Peas.

hegyeri: I will investigate why the Chemical Sprayer is not awarding Field Medic XP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I couldn't get my server to start with the sample KFGameType written over my old one.

With my regular KFGameType, I was able to summon a couple WTF monsters, & serverperks showed up, so I knew at least everything was installed correctly.

I changed it to Custom game length & 15 waves, and then replaced only the Waves, MonsterSquad, and MonsterClasses values from the sample, and it's running now.

When I have time I will go through the sample KFGameType and my own line by line. If I narrow down what caused my problem I will edit this post again.

Thanks for keeping this mod's download link alive, I've missed this craziness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0