• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mod: Voting Handler Fix

I've had 17 gametypes for more than a month now without any of the problems you mentioned.

Sorry I can't help more...
Hmm damn because i tested it by, removing it from the KFMapVote.ini relaunched server it was fine, then i simply added the line again, relaunched server tryed it again, server crashes.

Upvote 0
Here is my KFMapVote.ini, in case it could help. As you can see, I've a lot of gametypes with multiple mutators implied each time. All that without any crashes...
Spoiler!

Sometimes though, after having selected a gametype with an un-whitelisted mutator and reverting back to a whitelisted gametype, the server still finds unwhitelisted files and the games are unperked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is my KFMapVote.ini, in case it could help. As you can see, I've a lot of gametypes with multiple mutators implied each time. All that without any crashes...
Spoiler!

Sometimes though, after having selected a gametype with an un-whitelisted mutator and reverting back to a whitelisted gametype, the server still finds unwhitelisted files and the games are unperked.
Thanks alot man, ill be giving it a go and let you know how it goes :D

Upvote 0
Even if i had 1 more mutator on any of the game types server crashes aswell
It would be helpful if you could get a hold of the crash logs (Server.log or KillingFloor.log after the server has crashed).
And posted the final "Critical: XXX" lines from it.

However I do know this is impossible to retrieve if you have GameServers.com as server host, as their servers instantly restart after crash, overwriting the old crash log.

Upvote 0
It would be helpful if you could get a hold of the crash logs (Server.log or KillingFloor.log after the server has crashed).
And posted the final "Critical: XXX" lines from it.

However I do know this is impossible to retrieve if you have GameServers.com as server host, as their servers instantly restart after crash, overwriting the old crash log.
I actualy host the server at home on one of my spare pc's, i just put my ip in gametracker for more publication.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@StarpictuR: i copied and pasted how your ini is into myn and overwrit everything and it worked lol, server didn't crash when i click on defaults in webadmin. This is how my KFMapVote.ini is below, i wonder what did i do wrong, do i have too much mutators on them? hopefully someone can help me out i really want to keep the settings how it is.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey marco i got a question about the Filter Game Type, i was wondering if you can put specific map's towards each GameType for e.g The game type would be called DoomStory then i would make it only those doom story maps that will only show up, then in a Game Type called KFS Fun Maps those maps by lethalvortex and you,so that the trial maps and the kfs-funmap will only show up? the reason for this is i don't want people voting for kfs-funmap in the DoomStory Game Type.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey marco i got a question about the Filter Game Type, i was wondering if you can put specific map's towards each GameType for e.g The game type would be called DoomStory then i would make it only those doom story maps that will only show up, then in a Game Type called KFS Fun Maps those maps by lethalvortex and you,so that the trial maps and the kfs-funmap will only show up? the reason for this is i don't want people voting for kfs-funmap in the DoomStory Game Type.
What you can do is set on map prefix for DoomStory: "KFS-D" so KFS maps starting with letter D will only show up.
Same with funmap: "KFS-Fun" or "KFS-Funmap".

Upvote 0
I'm new to adding mods to killing floor. I have followed all the instructions several times but cannot get this working. I can switch back to the original vote map handler and it is fine.

I extracted the file to the system folder of the killing floor directory. Is that the correct location? It seems to be, although the instructions did not say. When the new map voting hander is enabled, no map vote occurs at all, and the option is unavailble.

Does anyone know, is the mod still working after the recent updates to killing floor? If so, can anyone assist with why the map vote fails to appear when the mod is installed?

Upvote 0
Hey Marco, theres something that i want to do with the game types ill try to explain the best i can.

First off how you add the game type you choose the gametype, mapprefix, abbreviation, name, mutators, and options. What i want to be able to do is add a specific map list to each GameType.

The reason for this is, i'm hosting the new vehicle mod by arramus and braindead and i want to just have KFVM maps selectable in there, is it possible to implement this? Thanks

Upvote 0
Hey Marco i'm still having that problem when i'll add an extra gametype, so here's the server log hopefully to show what the problem is.
Here's first half because it won't fit.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Second Half

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Has anyone tried hosting this mutator on a whitelisted server? I've just started hosting a couple of 6 player server's.

When clients and i join the server we're able to choose perks fine, but once we spawn the esc key won't work, is this mutator broken due to the recent update?

could be the patch, last time I had this running with other whitelisted maps/mods everything worked as expected.

Upvote 0
I tried adding this recently to my servers and all I see is the new button and when I click it the page just refreshes... There is nothing else

kfvotemut.jpg

I see the [Engine.GameInfo]
and VotingHandlerType=KFMapVote.KFVotingHandler is there for voting...

And I did use the console command and rebooted the server and I have full access to the admin commands...

Any ideas?

I figured out that 2K4Menu.utx has to be installed server side for the modified map vote to load properly. I was having the same exact problem until I did this.

Upvote 0