• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Doom I / II

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
I wrote a mod for Doom 1 and 2 weapons to Killing floor (which is based on the one for UT2004 which again is based on one for Unreal 1). In total it contains all monsters and weapons (and couple of items) from the classic Doom.
It comes with 2 mutators:
1: Replace KF monsters with Doom monsters.
2: Replace KF weapons with Doom weapons (initial weapons and shop weapons).
DoomShot1.JPG
DoomShot2.JPG
DoomShot3.JPG

Download from here

UPDATE: Fixed problems with latest KF version aswell as added in more items and decorations from Doom 2.

Unzip all of it's contents to "..\KillingFloor\System\" directory and the mutators should appear in mutators list.

I also gave it KF SinglePlayer support (for progressive maps).

UPDATE: Made Lethal_Vortex's doom maps 1-10,30-32 into storyline mode maps now so you can play them in single player.
Download Doom 2 KFS maps from here.

Unzip to *.rom files to "..\KillingFloor\Maps\" and *.ogg files to "..\KillingFloor\Musics\" folders.

To start this campaign, simply start game from map called "KF-BeginDoom", it has 4 pathways leading to a door. Each door repreasent a difficulty level (Easy, Medium, Hard, Nightmare skill levels from left).
If you die on single player, you will start over the map. In multiplayer cooperative mode, depending on what configuration server has you will simply respawn when you hit fire.

For multiplayer, I also added versius mode (you can enable it in server WebAdmin or by editing DoomPawnsKF.ini and set "bMonsterVSPlayers=True"). This means when it's enabled theres an option in escape menu, "Join monsters", selecting that will make you possess a random doom creature in the map, and join the fight to stop players from reaching the ending.
As for servers to return back to normal KF mode after playing KFS maps, simply set on webadmin "Voting GameOption" (under "Defaults") and add a new option for KF/Killing Floor mode and mapvote should always go back to normal Killing Floor mode (and to reset skill level also add to "Options"; "Difficulty=1" or whatever skill level you use on the server), as example:
GameType MapPrefixes Abbreviation Name Mutators Options
Killing Floor KF KF Killing Floor Difficulty=4

Last edited:
Is there any way to sprint, because I believe you could sprint in the original doom games. Either way, the movement speed seems WAY slower than the original doom guys.

As a quick fix workaround I've been using:

set pawn walkingpct 2

I consider my default running speed as my walking speed and then when I need that boost I can use the walk key for running speed.

Upvote 0