• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BDVehicles on the way

Mamoo, that would be awesome, it would have a sort of Carmeggedon feel to it.

Update:

I have headlights and brake lights working now, which has taken me 2 days of reverse engineering the code, being as the TWI guys took it out of the RO Vehicle code (Coding is not my strongest point :)), man that was hard work but worth it.

More to come :)

hey I looked for Umodel & downloaded Altova Umodel but it didn't do anything could you help me find the right one if that wasn't it???

Upvote 0
Hey Shock, nice to see you in this neck of the woods and thanks for the kind comment :)

Mamoo, I am actually trying to get the passenger code working now. Here is the status so far (bear in mind, that I am not a coder), from what I can see, BC has rewritten the Onslaught code to get vehicles working in KF, fair play to him, but for the life of me I cannot understand any of it.

I have so far gotten a pawn to sit in the passenger seat, with some custom animation but if I have them firing, due to the collision around the car, you effectively shoot the car and destroy it.
Plus if you are a driver and driving, then quickly switch to a passenger, the pawn mesh gets left behind the car. These are just some of the bugs I have found in the code.

I have been working solidly on this for 3 days now, lol but am not giving up yet. I wish I had someone who was good at coding to help me (hint to anyone out there :))

Once these bugs are ironed out, I can go on to just building car meshes and getting them in game but at the moment, it's pointless because of all the broken code.

Keep you all posted on my progress.

Upvote 0
quite nice looking. I was thinking that if you do the tractor since it's slow and only one seat so no fire support that you could "slap on"
a home made cow catcher and some other welded on doodads like in the dawn of the dead remake buses. If you get a coder I think it would be wise to have some of the better vehicles be sold by the shop keeper and maybe some modded vehicles (riot control van with flame thrower instead of watter hose, extra armor and things welded one, and last and best rad paint jobs :cool: is what I mean).

oh and the ambulance slowly heals players in it but for balance the siren and lights are on making the specimens go right for it and pisses off the fleshpound

Upvote 0
BDVehicles Update 10/09/09

BDVehicles Update 10/09/09

Hey all

OK, here is the situation so far

Passenger weapons, leaving a weapon mesh behind - FIXED

Passenger player not staying in car when switching from driving - FIXED

Multiple passengers with weapons - FIXED and in progress (video to follow)

Passenger Animation - working just fine :)

Other bugs have also been fixed but done so much in the past 6 days, I have forgotten what I have done.

The only bug that I have to fix now, is when you get into a vehicle and you are carrying say a 9mm, the mesh is still visible and does not sit correctly on the hand.
Also, I cannot get the vehicle to change view from 3rd to 1stP, so I am afraid everyone is going to be stuck with 3rdP, even when a passenger. Hope that is ok?

Upvote 0
"Also, I cannot get the vehicle to change view from 3rd to 1stP, so I am afraid everyone is going to be stuck with 3rdP, even when a passenger. Hope that is ok?"

Is that even when you have behindview enabled, think theres a ticky box somewhere, and a key bound for it, because even with blackcheetah's vehicles, you can switch to 1st person, but you cant see for crap inside the hellbender, camera is in wrong place xD

oh, and for the passenger of the hellbender too, you can switch to first person, but you cant iron sight, i think you could switch weapon with the scroll weapon menu, not the numbers ( since they switch seats)

Upvote 0
Great idea but if that were to be done, i honestly think there need be a new single or possibly set of monsters to compensate for the speed of the vehicles.

It wouldn't make sense for the drivables to only be available when you 'need' them. Assuming so, they would always be available and no monster out of the entire lineup so far can really pose a threat to a fast moving vehicle, let alone the double-deck behemoth lol

Upvote 0
lol @ wheel textures

seems like it would be super overpowered
Might be fun if teamates can shoot from the car while sombody drives

edit: i just got an idea.. maybe lol the car could have like an life bar and every time you hit a zed it would damage the vehicle and you can use welders to repair it

Last edited:
Upvote 0