• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Skeleton HUD

Skell

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
On the Internet.
This is a Payday 2-esque HUD. It features fully customizable features within the .ini file. Each configuration has directions in comments, so make sure to read them!

The video of it can be found here: LINK (old video)

Skeleton HUD Vanilla + Custom Scoreboard: Download
Skeleton HUD Server Perks: Download
Skeleton HUD ScrN: Download

The code is pretty clean. I moved a lot of TWI's HUD code into separate functions so the code won't be too difficult to modify, if that's what you're into.

Version 2 has been released! This update has a lot of awesome configurable options for vanilla servers who want something a little different, to fully customized servers alike. Enjoy.

Note: This mod will never be a client-side modification.

Last edited:
Does it work with extra perks? How about modded weapons that have huge mags? Is the hud filled with bullets?
I'll be working on a rep info for it so that server owners can config some of the stuff. Bullets scale down to 40 percent of the regular size when mag capacity is above 100. The number of bullets per row increases to 25 when above that number as well, while retaining the same margin of spaces the other sizes take up.
Does the HUD add an extra row of grenades if the player is hold more than, say 24 grenades or so? Also, if my machine guns have around 500 rounds of ammo (i.e. minigun), how would your HUD be changed?
I don't know if it's feasible to draw 500 sprites in a way that wouldn't look weird. The custom rep info list allows for server owners to choose what draws as a bar, HE round or shotgun shell. The bar list will also have a colour list so that the bar's colour can be customized as well. For weapons with 500 bullets, consider using the bar. The replication info currently looks like this:

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After 2 weeks of time off since initial release, I started work again on this mod. Finally, SkeletonHUD V1.0 is now ready!
Pictures: 1. 2.

All configuration has been moved to the ini, which now works on dedicated servers! The .ini file has information and examples for setting up your own!

Some new features include a persistent kill counter and ally health list.

Both of these features do not give players any distinct advantage as they use the same information accessible from the vanilla kill counter (player kills) and the scoreboard (ally health). All that is being done is that the information the player is given is displayed in a more convenient way for them.

If you have feature requests or anything of the sort, feel free to ask!

EDIT: First post now has download link to V1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After 2 weeks of time off since initial release, I started work again on this mod. Finally, SkeletonHUD V1.0 is now ready!
Pictures: 1. 2.

All configuration has been moved to the ini, which now works on dedicated servers! The .ini file has information and examples for setting up your own!

Some new features include a persistent kill counter and ally health list.

Both of these features do not give players any distinct advantage as they use the same information accessible from the vanilla kill counter (player kills) and the scoreboard (ally health). All that is being done is that the information the player is given is displayed in a more convenient way for them.

If you have feature requests or anything of the sort, feel free to ask!

EDIT: First post now has download link to V1.

A optimization that can be done like planned for the HaloTC hud is since the hud texture is a singular color just change the drawcolor of said material for active and inactive that way you don't need more then 1 texture

Upvote 0
A optimization that can be done like planned for the HaloTC hud is since the hud texture is a singular color just change the drawcolor of said material for active and inactive that way you don't need more then 1 texture
SetDrawColor() is used for this. I may have left original inactive icon in the texture package, but the all of the code uses the function instead.
Are there any know incompatibilities with other mutators?
Shouldn't be. The mutator only modifies the server's HUD. I needs to be placed at the end of the mutator list to make sure it overrides the current one.
Nice work!
Thanks!
Nice update. With the update, this is definitely worth checking out.
Enjoy!

Upvote 0
cant seem to get the kill counter to show up as in your first image.
Weird. If you could send me your KillingFloor.log and SkeletonHUD.ini through pastebin, I'll take a look.

The weapon scroll bar at the top needs work still to tie in with the hud.
Also if you can make the scoreboard work more with the hud it will be awesome.
I'll see what I can do!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Server Perks and ScrN versions will be released soon. It will add score popups and a new and improved wave info box. These will be available in the next vanilla version as well.

That's nice of you, I'll definitely give it a shot however I have a few questions/suggestions:

• Will it use Scrnhud's two perk icons, for xp and perk bonus ?

• Will it use Scrn's perk icons ? Yours look great but I think they should match what's on the perk selection window, scoreboard and trader. I fear the average redshirt will spend a few extra seconds wondering "did I change perk ? what's my perk again ?" and get killed.
  • If I use it only on a few voting options, will it fully "clean up" from clients if they vote out of it, eg. not leaving them with an half-Skell'd hud or any other remnants of it ?

Upvote 0
That's nice of you, I'll definitely give it a shot however I have a few questions/suggestions:

• Will it use Scrn's perk icons ? Yours look great but I think they should match what's on the perk selection window, scoreboard and trader. I fear the average redshirt will spend a few extra seconds wondering "did I change perk ? what's my perk again ?" and get killed.
  • If I use it only on a few voting options, will it fully "clean up" from clients if they vote out of it, eg. not leaving them with an half-Skell'd hud or any other remnants of it ?

I can guarantee that the perks will match the original ScrnBalance etc

Upvote 0
The ScrN version was recoded to handle this and a few more things.
The next release will use whatever perk icon is default for that class. It'll be up to the user to modify those through custom perks and other code.
There is no fear of this because the pointer to what HUD/scoreboard to use is set each server start and the server's settings are authoritative. This means that what HUD/scoreboard used on the client is always chosen by the server. All of the code this HUD uses is within its mutator class (which spawned on the level on map start and destroyed on map end) and the HUD/scoreboard classes, which are, as I said, are updated every match start.

I can guarantee that the perks will match the original ScrnBalance etc
I had to code it in but yes, this is the case.

I'd like to point out that the custom scoreboard will be written for neither Server Perks nor ScrN, only vanilla. This is because player count is too damn high all the time and text scaling is srs bsns. You'll have to use it at your own risk (although there isn't much risk to be honest, might just look weird). Check out an in-progress screenie here.

On another note, I now have a Steam group for the content I'm working on. Updates, feature requests and more can be found there.

EDIT: If you ever feel like using the PD2 icons for your custom perks, I'll leave them in for the next update so that you can use them as you please.

Last edited:
Upvote 0