Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

[Tutorial] How to make custom player skins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Tutorial] How to make custom player skins

I'll post here how you can make your custom player skins that can be used on a server.

#1: You need a mod that lets you select custom player skins:
    ServerPerksV5
    Custom character enabler

#2: You need to learn the basics in setting up and compiling mods in Killing Floor.

#3: Name your mod in following format: <CharacterName>Mod (i.e: you have a skin called 'Trader', the mod's name must be TraderMod).

#4: Create a class with the name of the character (i.e: Trader.uc).

#5: Script it (with the 'Trader' as example):
    Code:
    class Trader extends PlayerRecordClass;

#exec obj load file="TraderAnims.ukx" // Load up all needed animations or texture files using these lines.

simulated static function xUtil.PlayerRecord FillPlayerRecord()
    {
    	local xUtil.PlayerRecord PRE;

PRE.Species = Class'PoliceSpecies'; // Species (can be used to replace sounds or misc stuff)
    	PRE.MeshName = string(Mesh'TraderM'); // Name of the mesh.
    	PRE.BodySkinName = string(Shader'TraderSkin'); // Body skin name (Material #0)
    	PRE.FaceSkinName = string(Material'TraderFaceSkin'); // Face skin name (Material #1)
    	PRE.Portrait = Texture'TraderPortrait'; // Portrait texture
    	PRE.TextName = "This lady has seen her better days."; // Description text.
    	PRE.VoiceClassName = string(Class'KFVoicePack'); // Voice pack
    	PRE.Sex = "F"; // M = Male, F = Female
    	PRE.Menu = "SP"; // Not needed to modify.
    	PRE.Skeleton = string(Mesh'TraderM'); // Unused in KF
    	PRE.Ragdoll = "British_Soldier1"; // Should be this only.
    	return PRE;
    }
    Now if you use ServerPerks, you have to edit ServerPerksV5.ini and add line:
    CustomCharacters=Trader

- If you want to add custom taunts, you will also need to create a VoicePack class (and specify it in VoiceClassName above):
    Code:
    class TraderVoicePack extends KFVoicePack;

defaultproperties
    {
    	NumInsults=3
    	InsultAbbrev(0)="Insult Specimens"
    	InsultAbbrev(1)="Insult Players"
    	InsultAbbrev(2)="The taunt text shown in voice menu"

InsultString(0)="Insult Specimens"
    	InsultString(1)="Insult Players"
    	InsultString(2)="The broadcasted taunt message..."

InsultSound(0)=Sound'KF_MaleVoiceOne.INSULT.Insult_Specimens'
    	InsultSound(1)=Sound'KF_MaleVoiceOne.INSULT.Insult_players'
    	InsultSound(2)=Sound'TheTauntSoundFX'
    }
    - If you want to replace pain/death sounds, you'll also need to create a Species class (and fill as 'Species' in above):
    Code:
    class TraderSpecies extends PoliceSpecies;

defaultproperties
    {
    	MaleSoundGroup="TraderMod.TraderSoundGroup"
    	MaleVoice="TraderMod.TraderVoicePack"
    	FemaleVoice="TraderMod.TraderVoicePack"
    	FemaleSoundGroup="TraderMod.TraderSoundGroup"
    }
    Also a SoundGroup:
    Code:
    class TraderSoundGroup extends KFMaleSoundGroup;

defaultproperties
    {
    	DeathSounds(0)=Sound'TraderDeath1'
    	DeathSounds(1)=Sound'TraderDeath2'
    	DeathSounds(2)=Sound'TraderDeath3'
    	DeathSounds(3)=Sound'TraderDeath4'
    	DeathSounds(4)=Sound'TraderDeath5'
    	PainSounds(0)=Sound'TraderPain1'
    	PainSounds(1)=Sound'TraderPain2'
    	PainSounds(2)=Sound'TraderPain3'
    	PainSounds(3)=Sound'TraderPain4'
    	PainSounds(4)=Sound'TraderPain5'
    	PainSounds(5)=Sound'TraderPain6'
    }
    And thats how it's done. Hope this was of any help.
    Last edited by Marco; 04-20-2012, 01:05 PM.
    [QUOTE=HuNteR-;973441]Sadly no, we can't do anything about it, fools like Marco will always exist, and with no one with power pulling strings, its a lost cause.[/QUOTE]

This looks pretty great and easy... but... aren
    [URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=50946"]Mut to use trader playable character ONLINE[/URL] | [URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=50776"] Mut to show a message on weapon pickup[/URL] | [URL="http://www.killingfloorarg.com"]Our website, the largest community of KF in Latin Amercia[/URL]

Comment

You tie that in with the animation browser,

just enter this into the default animation and save your package. it is automatically loaded when your player mesh is selected.

Edit:

p.s Thank you so much Marco (Flux) for getting this in game. I have really been wanting this since the game first came out!!
      On with the character mods (rubs hands together :P )
      Last edited by braindead; 11-22-2011, 02:51 PM.
      [CENTER][URL="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989157704/myworkshopfiles?appid=1250"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL][/CENTER]

Comment

here's how to do it by code (if you dont have the psa/psk in a package, and are importing manually)

this is what i use:

Code:
        #exec OBJ LOAD FILE=KF_PalaceTextures1.utx

#exec DECAANIM  IMPORT      ANIM=Dances ANIMFILE=models\dances.PSA COMPRESS=1

#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=Dances SEQ=s_cheer1 GROUP= RATE=20.000000 //the fps is 30, and i wanted 20 for this individual animation
        #exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=Dances SEQ=s_cheer2 GROUP= RATE=20.000000

#exec DECAANIM  DIGEST      ANIM=Dances VERBOSE USERAWINFO

#exec DECAMESH  MODELIMPORT MESH=Dancer MODELFILE=models\dancer.PSK
        #exec DECAMESH  ORIGIN      MESH=Dancer X=0 Y=0 Z=0 YAW=0 PITCH=0 ROLL=0
        #exec DECAMESH  scale       MESH=Dancer X=1.0 Y=1.0 Z=1.0
        #exec DECAMESH  DEFAULTANIM MESH=Dancer ANIM=dances
        Last edited by ro_sauce; 11-22-2011, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ro_sauce View Post
          here's how to do it by code (if you dont have the psa/psk in a package, and are importing manually)

this is what i use:

Code:
          #exec OBJ LOAD FILE=KF_PalaceTextures1.utx

#exec DECAANIM  IMPORT      ANIM=Dances ANIMFILE=models\dances.PSA COMPRESS=1

#exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=Dances SEQ=s_cheer1 GROUP= RATE=20.000000 //the fps is 30, and i wanted 20 for this individual animation
          #exec ANIM SEQUENCE ANIM=Dances SEQ=s_cheer2 GROUP= RATE=20.000000

#exec DECAANIM  DIGEST      ANIM=Dances VERBOSE USERAWINFO

#exec DECAMESH  MODELIMPORT MESH=Dancer MODELFILE=models\dancer.PSK
          #exec DECAMESH  ORIGIN      MESH=Dancer X=0 Y=0 Z=0 YAW=0 PITCH=0 ROLL=0
          #exec DECAMESH  scale       MESH=Dancer X=1.0 Y=1.0 Z=1.0
          #exec DECAMESH  DEFAULTANIM MESH=Dancer ANIM=dances
          Very helpful RO except this wouldn't help with Custom Characters. Which is what this thread is about.
          That would be useful in an animated object tutorial though
          [CENTER][URL="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989157704/myworkshopfiles?appid=1250"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL][/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks for the clear tutorial Marco, much appreciated.

Now if we can find away to implement custom 3rd person anims we are golden for custom content.
            Whisky's Workshop
            "As you can see here, I'm -ALL ON MY F***ING OWN! Guys where the hell are you?!"

Comment

Hi,
              First question:
              I make StigMod\Stig.uc as explained in tutorial, but when try to compile, ucc says that no StigMod.uc file founded. Maybe I need StigMod\StigMod.uc instead of Stig.uc ?

Second question:
              I have Animations StaticMeshes and Textures for new skin.

here they are:
              http://depositfiles.com/files/3pxky9y01

skin name is Stig.
              What I must write to StigMod\Stig.uc file?
              Where in Stig.uc I can specify what skin animation file to use?
              Last edited by Dave_Scream; 12-01-2011, 03:15 PM.
              [COLOR="Silver"]I'am: ICQ: 411141181 | Skype: dave_scream | vk: [URL="http://vk.com/id4340838"]id4340838[/URL]
              We are: Dr.Killjoy | 3xzet | LLIePLLIeHb | Dave_Scream
              [COLOR="Red"]Our chat:[/COLOR] [URL="http://www.commfort.com/download/commfort_client.zip"]client[/URL] (5.8mb) | server: [U]cs.mod.lt[/U] | channel: [U]KFModding[/U][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_Scream View Post
                Hi,
                First question:
                I make StigMod\Stig.uc as explained in tutorial, but when try to compile, ucc says that no StigMod.uc file founded. Maybe I need StigMod\StigMod.uc instead of Stig.uc ?

Second question:
                I have Animations StaticMeshes and Textures for new skin.

here they are:
                http://depositfiles.com/files/3pxky9y01

skin name is Stig.
                What I must write to StigMod\Stig.uc file?
                Where in Stig.uc I can specify what skin animation file to use?
                Hey Dave

Are you making a new version of the stig? if not, you can download it here and add it to the custom character list

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=51161

I only used the stig in the pic to show how to add default animations to a custom animation package.

p.s. In the download you will find all of the source files, to show you how to code your own custom character.
                Last edited by braindead; 12-01-2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I tested this mod's custom characters and is there a bug in solo testing? IF I had add locked characters for instance - KF_Soviet, KF_German and Harchier_Spebbington, it shows up twice in the list, once at the top, then looks like alphabetical or in release order?

Can it just show up once? Or maybe its a solo bug?

Also, I Cannot add the stig since it does not have a upl file associated with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Valken View Post
                    I tested this mod's custom characters and is there a bug in solo testing? IF I had add locked characters for instance - KF_Soviet, KF_German and Harchier_Spebbington, it shows up twice in the list, once at the top, then looks like alphabetical or in release order?

Can it just show up once? Or maybe its a solo bug?

Also, I Cannot add the stig since it does not have a upl file associated with it.
                    Which custom character mod are you using? For the stig i'll suggest speaking to Braindead of maybe making a .upl for you.

www.fluxiservice.com - Friendly, supportive game server host awaiting your arrival.
                    >> My Custom Content Archive <<

Comment

I am testing your mod and Marcos.

In Marcos mod, I added the lines:

CustomCharacters=KF_Soviet
                      CustomCharacters=KF_German
                      CustomCharacters=Harchier_Spebbington

Because these are locked in my KF and I just wanted to test it for fun. It shows up twice in the character selection.

If I do not add these lines, then it does not show up in character selection.

I then ADDED Mechacarnivore by renaming the upl file to Merchacarnivore.upl so it does not overwrite Security_Officer_Thorne.upl, then added the line

CustomCharacters=Mechacarnivore

It shows up but is also listed twice...once at the top of the character selection screen, then again in the middle of the screen.

For TheStig, there is no upl file so I guess I have to decompile the u file and make one per Marco's instruction.

Your mod is better in that it auto unlocks all the standard TWI characters so I don't even have to added it back to the game.

I'm playing around with the character function maybe it is best to not use Marco's and just use Flux's in place of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Valken View Post
                        I am testing your mod and Marcos.

In Marcos mod, I added the lines:

CustomCharacters=KF_Soviet
                        CustomCharacters=KF_German
                        CustomCharacters=Harchier_Spebbington

Because these are locked in my KF and I just wanted to test it for fun. It shows up twice in the character selection.

If I do not add these lines, then it does not show up in character selection.

I then ADDED Mechacarnivore by renaming the upl file to Merchacarnivore.upl so it does not overwrite Security_Officer_Thorne.upl, then added the line

CustomCharacters=Mechacarnivore

It shows up but is also listed twice...once at the top of the character selection screen, then again in the middle of the screen.

For TheStig, there is no upl file so I guess I have to decompile the u file and make one per Marco's instruction.

Your mod is better in that it auto unlocks all the standard TWI characters so I don't even have to added it back to the game.

I'm playing around with the character function maybe it is best to not use Marco's and just use Flux's in place of it.

You don't need a UPL file for this mod. The reason the stig doesn't work correctly with Marco's mut is because it is set up completely different than in the tutorial.

Howeve if this is only for solo play, there is actually a upl file in the stig download, in the main folder I think.

Comment

Hi BD,

I actually tried using the mutator for TheStig and it works alongside both Flux's and Marco's mod. The only trick is that it automatically selects the Stig at game start for me, and if I change over to any other character later, I cannot go back to the Stig.

I also tested with Marco's Bots and they can become the Stig too... So the way it is setup now, it is at game start only.

Maybe it needs to be redone so we can use Flux's and Marcro's new method. I test some other custom skins such as KFARG's and see if it works like TheStig or work with Flux's/Marco's.

I wish someone would make a list of custom skins that are compatible.

For Marcro - the mod works... its just duplicating the character portraits twice in the selection screen and it should also auto unlock all of TWI's stock model like Flux's mod.

I was thinking the duplicate display bug might be Xmas event related but I am sure Marco and Flux are able to figure out something.

I will comment on Flux's mod in his mod thread.
                          Last edited by Valken; 12-20-2011, 09:09 AM.

Comment

I do not plan to support use of locked characters (as it would be unfair for people who bought the DLC) so for futher versions I might change it so you can't make them show up at all.

As for custom characters like Stig, you see that there is a file called "StigMod.u" in System folder, add that name to CustomCharacters list removing "Mod" from the name, so it is alike:
                            CustomCharacters=Stig
                            That way you wont need any Stig mutator running for people to use it (no upl file needed for that, exept if you want bots to use it).
                            [QUOTE=HuNteR-;973441]Sadly no, we can't do anything about it, fools like Marco will always exist, and with no one with power pulling strings, its a lost cause.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the explanation. I will try TheStig again. As for the locked characters, I have unlocked most it except those so it is not a big deal for me.

The issue is that if you do not unlock the characters on the server, how will people who have purchased or unlock the characters legitimately (like Santa and Chickensuit) access those characters since the server using non-whitelisted mods will not grant access to steam to verify which characters are available?

I think a whitelisted version would be awesome but if it is not whitelisted, then we cannot access our perks or characters.

Comment

Working...
                              X