• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mut: Per Server Stats

Heya Marco,

Just had a look through the log and i'm getting the below, I dont think its causing any issues though (emotes that i tested worked fine)

Warning: Failed to load 'Emo': Can't find file 'Emo'
Warning: AddToPackageMap: Invalid package Emo

I am getting these same erros, too. V6.0. But I don't think they're causing any issue, any that I'm aware of, that is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have notice that am having an issue now where some of the weapons menus disappear, sometimes. The 'Flame thrower' menu is always available, though, but some/all of other menus can be completely inaccessible (gone).

I haven't had the time to read through the whole thread, but is this a known issue? It sounds kinda like a bug that was fixed in V5.50. Might be related.

I'm using these mutators:

Add Brutes (latest)
Add Shivers (latest)
Faked Players
Manual Reloading (braindead)
Patriarch HP left
Server Veteancy Handler V6
SuperZombies v1.8.3sr

On local server with 'LAN optimised' eabled.

Edit:

Clicking on the 'Flame thrower menu' seems to be what is causes this bug to trigger, sometimes, that is. It happens very often, though. It might be a sequence of actions, I don't know, but it always ends with clicking on this particular weapons menu. **Edit:** This isn't actually true. It can happen without ever touching the 'Flame thrower menu', too.

Edit2:

Just tried with another player in the game. And if player-1 triggers the bug then player-2 will still be able to access the other weapons menus, still, even though player-1 cannot himself. If player-2 hasn't triggered it himself, that is.

So you get around it by having other players buy weapons for you if it happens to you, least, very annoying, however.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is there any documentation as to what the following flags do?

bForceGivePerk=False
bNoSavingProgress=False
bUsePlayerNameAsID=False
bMessageAnyPlayerLevelUp=False
bUseLowestRequirements=False
bBWZEDTime=False
bUseEnhancedScoreboard=True
bOverrideUnusedCustomStats=False
bAllowAlwaysPerkChanges=False
bForceCustomChars=False

Is this what the screen is supposed to look like, I cannot seem to pick field medic and I am always a sharpshooter. Most perks classes have N/A on them... :(

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5701/killingfloor20120826222.jpg

Thank you for your time and making this!!! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is there any documentation as to what the following flags do?

bForceGivePerk=False
bNoSavingProgress=False
bUsePlayerNameAsID=False
bMessageAnyPlayerLevelUp=False
bUseLowestRequirements=False
bBWZEDTime=False
bUseEnhancedScoreboard=True
bOverrideUnusedCustomStats=False
bAllowAlwaysPerkChanges=False
bForceCustomChars=False

Is this what the screen is supposed to look like, I cannot seem to pick field medic and I am always a sharpshooter. Most perks classes have N/A on them... :(

[url]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5701/killingfloor20120826222.jpg[/URL]

Thank you for your time and making this!!! :)
Personally i'd say test out them flags yourself. It's partly how I learnt what each means.

For your picture, you have got the perks to start on level N/A (unusable/locked) and can't be used until they reach level 0. If you want them to unlock instantly, change the perklevelmin to 0.

Upvote 0
There is only one or two that are not so clear. The rest are self explanatory.

bForceGivePerk=False -assigns everyone a perk upon joining.
bNoSavingProgress=False - server does not save players progress.
bUsePlayerNameAsID=False - Troubleshooting option
bMessageAnyPlayerLevelUp=False - When a player levels up tell everyone else.
bUseLowestRequirements=False - If min perk level is 7 and above, it's requirements will be the same as level 0
bBWZEDTime=False - Black&White zed time
bUseEnhancedScoreboard=True - More detailed scoreboard
bOverrideUnusedCustomStats=False - This one I don't know. Although I've got a good idea
bAllowAlwaysPerkChanges=False - Allow players to change perk when they want
bForceCustomChars=False - Don't allow use of stock chars

See. All but two or three are completely self explanatory. And infact they are pretty much all explained in the first post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ FLuX and Gartley,

Thank you both for your replies and helping me out. I appreciate very much!

@ Marco,

I like how you can make ZED time B&W nice touch! Would it be much trouble to add in an option to configure how long ZED time lasts and control speed?

I am loving this modification and will always have it on my server! Great work!

Upvote 0
There is only one or two that are not so clear. The rest are self explanatory.

bForceGivePerk=False -assigns everyone a perk upon joining.
bNoSavingProgress=False - server does not save players progress.
bUsePlayerNameAsID=False - Troubleshooting option
bMessageAnyPlayerLevelUp=False - When a player levels up tell everyone else.
bUseLowestRequirements=False - If min perk level is 7 and above, it's requirements will be the same as level 0
bBWZEDTime=False - Black&White zed time
bUseEnhancedScoreboard=True - More detailed scoreboard
bOverrideUnusedCustomStats=False - This one I don't know. Although I've got a good idea
bAllowAlwaysPerkChanges=False - Allow players to change perk when they want
bForceCustomChars=False - Don't allow use of stock chars

See. All but two or three are completely self explanatory. And infact they are pretty much all explained in the first post.

Could someone explain( looking at Marco :) ) could explain what does bOverrideUnusedCustomStats do? Does it deletes custom stats when they are no more being used (let's say deleted) or something else?

Upvote 0
How would I go about not using the weapons menus? Like in KF venilla.

I can remove all but one weapons menu and rename that one to 'Weapons' in the 'Serverperks.ini' by deleting them, but if I remove all of them, then it doesn't work as intended. It simply messes the trader menus up then. But I don't want the catagories. TT

Please help and thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How would I go about not using the weapons menus? Like in KF venilla.

I can remove all but one weapons menu and rename that one to 'Weapons' in the 'Serverperks.ini' by deleting them, but if I remove all of them, then it doesn't work as intended. It simply messes the trader menus up then. But I don't want the catagories. TT

Please help and thanks

Time to scrap your serverperks and start afresh with a new install of it and all the mutators.

Upvote 0
I searched everywhere for a solution before coming here because it seems like something that would be solved by not being a complete idiot and I don't want to waste anyone's time or space.

I downloaded ServerPerksV6 and copied all the files into my System directory.
I opened killingfloor.ini and inserted the lines ...

EditPackages=ServerPerksMut
EditPackages=ServerPerks
EditPackages=ServerPerksP

... beneath the other EditPackages lines.

I started KF, clicked "Host Game", and then added the Veterancy Handler to the Current Mutators list.

I clicked "Listen".

The game starts, and immediately I see "None perk selected" down the bottom right where my perk stats should be. There are no other perks visible in the perk selection area.

I'm positive that this is a mistake I've made somewhere. I've either copied something I wasn't supposed to or I've edited a file in the wrong way. I tried removing all the files I added and re-copying them but the problem persists.

Once again, I'm really sorry for being so obtuse. I'm an experienced programmer looking to do some modding and I'd love to get this working, but somewhere I've tripped over and I can't figure out where.

If you don't have the time or patience to point out where I've gone wrong, I completely understand and once again I apologise for posting here.

Upvote 0
I searched everywhere for a solution before coming here because it seems like something that would be solved by not being a complete idiot and I don't want to waste anyone's time or space.

I downloaded ServerPerksV6 and copied all the files into my System directory.
I opened killingfloor.ini and inserted the lines ...

EditPackages=ServerPerksMut
EditPackages=ServerPerks
EditPackages=ServerPerksP

... beneath the other EditPackages lines.

I started KF, clicked "Host Game", and then added the Veterancy Handler to the Current Mutators list.

I clicked "Listen".

The game starts, and immediately I see "None perk selected" down the bottom right where my perk stats should be. There are no other perks visible in the perk selection area.

I'm positive that this is a mistake I've made somewhere. I've either copied something I wasn't supposed to or I've edited a file in the wrong way. I tried removing all the files I added and re-copying them but the problem persists.

Once again, I'm really sorry for being so obtuse. I'm an experienced programmer looking to do some modding and I'd love to get this working, but somewhere I've tripped over and I can't figure out where.

If you don't have the time or patience to point out where I've gone wrong, I completely understand and once again I apologise for posting here.

You've added them as if your going to edit them. (but i dont think that should be causing the issue)

Just add the Veterancy Handler in the mutators tab of the listen server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a problem with my serverperks v5.50 that I use for the Dead Space gametype. I don't know if these have been addressed in the past few dozen pages but-

* After a map change, a few players would often have no perks and need to rejoin in order to obtain them.
* Players choose a different skin after they are killed and report not being able to fire their weapon and are switched to third person (the latter can be reverted using F4 command).

Has anyone else experienced these issues in the past or found a way to resolve it? Any help would be appreciated.

SMGH

Upvote 0