• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Check my Doom-shotgun

jolle

Feb 6, 2013
Denmark
Hey all :)

I have used 3Dsmax for 1 year so not that pro yet ^^
and that is why i will ask if some one have time and want too look at my gun model and see if it is okay.

1 Low enof poly
2 no mestakes
3 meaby help me make the handle nice because the smuth grupes went bad.
4 sugestions how i should make the aim.
5 meaby how i could make a display on it. dont know if that would look nice or not?
6 dont know if i should make it shoot laser and if that would be more cool then just shutgun shoots how to make that.

Basickly just anything xD
Ps. sorry if i make gramma mestake not that goot at english :eek:

Link to my modle:
http://www.2shared.com/file/-rKPWCSl/Doom_gun_test.html

Attachments

• doom-bfg2.jpg
    doom-bfg2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1
  • doom eksemple.PNG
    doom eksemple.PNG
    69.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Very nice work there! True to the movie replica, I am impressed.

A thought on camera location, the player doesn't need to see the trigger all the time, maybe move the camera forward, down the barrel of the gun and up above it some. This may make it better for iron sights too.

You would prefer this camara sight more ? dont know if i understand your sugestion right :)

Attachments

• doom camara.PNG
    doom camara.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hey people now i have also done a pistol 3D model :)
I rang the handle to the one in the picture with the hole gun because its looks more nice.

Tanks a lot JackFrostDeth for the help making this pistol ;)

Attachments

• billeder af doompistol f
    32.7 KB · Views: 0
  • doom pistol billede 4.PNG
    doom pistol billede 4.PNG
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
  • billeder af doompistol f
    10.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll code them for you if you want :)

I could use a coder for my team, if your interested. Jolle is currently working on one of my weapons in my project. And im sure he could use all the help you offer since this is more a learning thing for all of us as well as a fun project. If your interested in doing something fun let me know. Ill also ask him what he really wants to do with his weps, or for that matter ill remind him you guys are asking about things here lol.

Maybe ask him ive he makes them public some how ? Also i'm testing maps and weapons for some modders also if some new weapons there im ready for testing if someone needs a tester :)

Ill ask him and maybe see if my team can turn these into some mutators for you.

Upvote 0
I could use a coder for my team, if your interested. Jolle is currently working on one of my weapons in my project. And im sure he could use all the help you offer since this is more a learning thing for all of us as well as a fun project. If your interested in doing something fun let me know. Ill also ask him what he really wants to do with his weps, or for that matter ill remind him you guys are asking about things here lol.
Well if you would like to give me some details, i'll see how it'll go as im lookin for a team for well, a long time. I personally need a texturer and an animator as I am starting to model and I code as it is. Like I said, give us the details and i'll see what I can do.

Upvote 0
Well if you would like to give me some details, i'll see how it'll go as im lookin for a team for well, a long time. I personally need a texturer and an animator as I am starting to model and I code as it is. Like I said, give us the details and i'll see what I can do.

Im sorry i thought i already sent you a private mail conatining the info... i may have mixed you up with some one else. I started a post here in the forums looking for a modeller with links and info to everything. Basically i have a fairly large team of coders, animators, modellers, sounds, and myself filling in what i can. Its a 7 weapon project for killing floor which basically biols down to the wars been going on for 3+ years now and the weapons are getting scarce so trader has taken to welding peices, scrap, and what ever else she can get ahold of to make weapons.

[url]http://jackfrostdeth.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps[/URL]

Here is a link to the mock ups i did and it will give you an idea, to speak to me and get a full detail and meet the team, add me via steam at jackfrostdeth and i can go into more detail faster than waitting for tripwire to filter my posts.

Upvote 0
If the weapons end up being okay ill try to make them public.
FluX: It would be nice to get help on the code because im so bad at that part.
BFMSAND: Im new to the whole KF custom weapons so not sure what kind of test you mean but think it would be nice if you would help with that.

I would like to say thanks a lot for the help on textures from Jack and i and going to help him with his project so i hope you also would like to help him to make a nice weapon pack togater :)

Upvote 0
I have added the Pistol to KF and they works. But Im not so happy about the model yet so will go back and see what i can do to make it look more nice. Her is a picture of how it looks ingame now.
I need to get the model finish befor we look in to the cooding/testing i think.

Attachments

• doompistol billede 2.jpg
    doompistol billede 2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1
  • doompistol billede.jpg
    doompistol billede.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0