• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation [3DS MAX] I need help animating an ammobelt

Bebop182

Oct 10, 2012
Hi everyone,

I made a .50 caliber machinegun for killing floor, the model is done, i did some basic textures that will need to be redone for release, i made all the script related integration to the game, but stopping power and damage needs some tweaks, Hud integration is done, i still need to make the mutator for the trader but it shouldn't be difficult (i hope). Everything is done or close to be but the 1st person animations, and that's because i cannot get a good result with the animation of the ammobelt, I have 3 ammobelt animations to do, one for the reload animation and two for the firing animation (fire with a full ammobox and fire the last few round of the ammobelt).

I tried few things, the ones that bring the best result was PathDeform modifier, but it brings too much distorsion.

Here are two Screenshots of the ammobelt, The second one is what i would like to achieve (i have set the position on each cadriges manually). I want to be able to set sinuous path to the ammo belt so i can do my animation easier
Spoiler!
Ammobelt%202.jpg

Last edited: