• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Help Texturing a PlayerModel!

KF-Argentina

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Argentina
Hi! I have a problem texturing this Model, I have the ".tga" files for the eyes, hair, etc. but when I put one of them, It takes other parts of the body that I dont want to use on......

Look at my screenshot... the first one Is the body texture, but it also applies to the hair, and When I use the Eyes Texture, It also takes the Clothes U.U

textq.jpg

Any Help?

All I can suggest is, import the model into 3DS Max using the ActorX importer and applying the correct material id's to each component and break it down to whichever ones you want.

You won't need to change the animation or amend the physical model in any way, just select the mesh and goto the Material ID section and create as many is required.

But I dont have problems texturing the model in 3D Max, cause I select the element I want and I apply the texture I want to it... but... how can i Do that in the unreal Editor?

Upvote 0
In the tab with skins, if that current skin is none then no texture will appear on your model, match the skin number with the appropriate texture and it should work.

What he means is look at picture two for example. You can see an eye texture is cover not only the eyes but it's covering the beard and the shirt. If a texture is given to the shirt the textures tends to texture the beard AND eye aswel.

He wants to know a way to stop/fix this in short.

Upvote 0
hahaha mr Capacitor, in-order to get them to work right, I'll elaborate on what Braindead said, or atleast what I think he intended to say, in MAX you need to add different material ID's for objects which will be running off a different texture, so for example, you have two box models and they are both UV'ed and textured differently but combined, select the object and add the material modifier and make one of the boxes ID 1, and the other boxes ID 2, this will mean when you export to the KFED it'll have two texture placing options in the Animations tab, so just apply them, for Static Meshes, if you have the texture placed in MAX or Maya or what ever, it'll try searching for that texture in the SDK, only if you export with textures so have them ready and it should automaticaly apply.

good luck, hope it helps.

Upvote 0