• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Export textured staticmesh from Maya?

Colonel Panic

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
I'm using Maya to make some simple meshes for my map. I've used the program to render it with different color textures including transparent anisotropic materials. I can export the mesh using ActorX, but when i import into UE, the mesh has no texture. Is there a way to import the textures seperately? or to export them with the mesh?

Ask your old friend google. I am not that "good" with Maya either :eek:

Yeah, I spent way too long looking for how to do that (like at least 2 hours in google and another hour watching video tutorials on maya/ue texture importing/exporting.), finally settled for re-making textures in photoshop and exporting as .TGA with alpha (which is a PITA. It seems to have mostly worked, though.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I spent way too long looking for how to do that (like at least 2 hours in google and another hour watching video tutorials on maya/ue texture importing/exporting.), finally settled for re-making textures in photoshop and exporting as .TGA with alpha (which is a PITA. It seems to have mostly worked, though.)

you can look at the Texture Maximised in Maya & it has an option to save it, look for it in multilister.

window
rendering editors
Miltilister

Find the texture

File
Save As

simple :)

Upvote 0