Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Tips against patty?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips against patty?

Hi there,

been playing this game for a little while now.. First goofing around a bit and then I finished off all the maps on normal, now I'm playing mostly hard. Got one HEO:P My perks are 4 support, 4 ss, 4 med, 3 demo and the rest I generally don't play.

I've seen some of the quides and lists with strategy tips, but I feel that one point is largely skipped over in these, or I have missed it. What are generally good strategies against the patty? Sometimes I have a nicely organized team doing just fine, but it totally falls apart at the last wave. Ocassionally saved by a lone medic or berserker with a crossbow running circles with the patty for 15 minutes.

So what I want to hear is not "everybody get a chainsaw", or "Run circles with him with a crossbow", or "get zerker to lvl 6". But what is a nice setup as a team to have to take him down? And how to setup? Considering the real circumstances that you might have one or two lov lvls on the team and one or two guys who don't work well with the team. Let me give some examples of things I try for ideas to comment on.

I check out the composition of the team and adjust my class to that. I generally don't like seeing commandos, sharpshooters and firebugs at this point
    I mostly play sharp or support. When I'm sharp I most often switch to demo for the patty wave, so I can buy a lot of pipes and the m32 for some dmg.
    When I'm support I stay on support or switch to demo. I like to use the aa12 here, but most often I end up unloading it in his face and ending up dead a second later. It's maybe a bit too short range (Or I'm using it from too short of a range).
    When I use pipes I cover off entrances and stairs/ narrow passages instead of making a big pile. Sometimes I stack two when there's a lot of pipes already on the ground. I heard that anything above two doesn't do a lot of damage, but then again I also heard that anything above 14 doesn't do more damage. So I'm not sure what's ideal.
    I like to save one or two pipes to reseal an entrance, I don't see many people doing this.
    I don't often die by his weapons as I've learned to recognice the voice commands. Most often it's him catching up to me while I'm running away, or just a big surprise up in my face.
    When I'm left over as last person on the team, I die. I've never managed to get him down by myself, note that I'm sup or demo at this point so I'm slow and as a demo I'm not great when he closes in a bit.
    Teams sticking together work best obviously, but using a bit of bait can work nicely. I often dance around on someone elses pipes.

So what I'm really looking for is some general ideas that are useful in typical situation instead of ideal situations. What's a nice compositions for a team to have? What weapons work nicely? What to do when it all goes south. How to solo when you have odd weaps/not a fast class. What to do when you're low on cash? etc.

When additional pipes go off simultaniously, each subsequent pipe deals about 7% less damage. So 3 pipes will deal 279% of a normal pipe's damage.
    14x7 = 98%, so the 15th pipe bomb will only deal 2% of it's normal damage, and any after that will deal no damage. If pipes go off with maybe a second or so between them, they'll all inflict full damage on him.

Although I personally do what you do - stack 3-4 pipes in front of each unwelded door. It won't deal as much damage as if the pipes explode individually, but for me it's much easier to do (as if the door is unwelded, he'll have to stand adjacent to it to open it and the pipes will explode at close range. If the door is welded, he'll just rocket launcher it and destroy the pipes, so don't weld them xD).

AA12 seems to be the safest way I know to kill the Patty, short of Xsawing him to death. The AA12 has quite a small spread as well, and a low recoil, do don't be afraid of using it from medium range. This like most strategies, this seems to work best when you can get mulitple people with AA12s, as if you all open up together he can be dead before he's finished his stumble animation.

If you're holding out in a small office or something and he comes in through the door, at this point it can be useful to close and weld the door, as he'll have to stop and One In The Pipe to open it. At which point a zerker hitting him will stop him rocket launchering and he'll stop trying to escape.

You mention that you're slow... speaking for support, what I normally do is sell my other shotgun/weapons, and just take the AA and maybe some pipes. Fully loaded, the AA will have enough ammo to kill the Patty and any other smaller things you come across, and that'll put you on only 11-12 weight, which for a support is only about half-full (same as 7/15 for other classes).

Um. If he's about to fire at someone else, or heal or get stunned, throw your grenades at his feet. If you're a demo and good, you can throw the grenades at his feet at any time and explode them with a grenade launcher grenade. Other classes will need to wait until he's stationary to deal a lot of damage.

In terms of a nice setup for the team... IMHO every class has it's advantages for him. It's probably not worth taking more than one firebug, commando or berserker (Xsaw trick nonwithstanding), but one of them isn't bad (firebug can set him on fire to make him visible to allies when moving, commando can SEE a stealthed patty and see his HP bar, berserker can inturrupt his rocket launcher or chaingun animation with a melee hit, and move fast enough to catch him when he runs to heal).
    But most classes apart from these work best when there're multiple players of that class. AA in his face works with more people. Heck, even crossbow works best with more people. I believe something like a 6 man suicidal sharpshooter L6 team with crossbows, all headshotting him simultaniously will instakill him. ofc this is impossible to pull off IRL, but shows how effective they can be.

Just a few thoughts.
    Favourite classes: Sharp/support/demo (not a stupid demo don't worry).
    I don't like medics.
    Mostly play on HoE thesedays.

Comment

Very useful points. I'm almost positive it's 7.5% and not 7% though, so just for the sake of correcting the maths component;

Originally posted by Althamus View Post
      When additional pipes go off simultaneously, each subsequent pipe deals about 7.5% less damage. So 3 pipes will deal 277.5% of a normal pipe's damage.
      13 x 7.5% = 97.5%, so the 13th pipe bomb will only deal 2.5% of it's normal damage, and any after that will deal no damage. If pipes go off with maybe 3 (not sure?) seconds or so between them, they'll all inflict full damage on him.

Comment

Working...
      X