• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics AN idea about killing a scrake by firebug

Defend-1k

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2016
We all know that firebug using dual flare revolvers can killing a scrake by multiple flinch to his body,with about 500+damage per shot,but headshot's damage is about 700+.I think it may be quicker by headshot to kill a sc.So here comes the question:how to headshot+flinch a scrake when using dual flare revolvers ?:p
I tried many times but only one or two blows are on its head,really too hard for me.:eek:

The answer is you that you cannot stun a Scrake with Dual Flares. To stun a Scrake, your weapon needs to do at least 672 damage in one burst (shotguns can't do this because their damage is a total of many pellets hitting and battle rifles/pistols are too weak), and Flare Revolvers at best deal 160 damage. Flinching on the other hand requires at least 150 damage (which is why it can only be done with Flare Pistols used by a Rank 5 or 6 Firebug), but on Hell on Earth, you only get one Flinch to inflict on any given Scrake which can be extended maybe 2 more seconds at most.

You can however stun a Scrake with a fully charged shot from the Husk Fireball Launcher, but its charge time is not fast enough to continuously follow up with consecutive charged shots. It won't really matter if you can land all headshots with dual flares, but given the recoil of the flares and small flinch timer, that's an improbable dream made impossible since you will most likely die before succeeding.

The lesson here? Bring a Husk Fireball Launcher if you plan to Flare a Scrake to death, but if there is a Sharpshooter with the Xbow or LAR, let them kill the Scrake since flaring a Scrake wastes more of your ammo than a Sharpshooter would waste in killing the Scrake.

Upvote 0
Gearfist0;n2157554 said:
The answer is you that you cannot stun a Scrake with Dual Flares. To stun a Scrake, your weapon needs to do at least 672 damage in one burst (shotguns can't do this because their damage is a total of many pellets hitting and battle rifles/pistols are too weak), and Flare Revolvers at best deal 160 damage. Flinching on the other hand requires at least 150 damage (which is why it can only be done with Flare Pistols used by a Rank 5 or 6 Firebug), but on Hell on Earth, you only get one Flinch to inflict on any given Scrake which can be extended maybe 2 more seconds at most.

You can however stun a Scrake with a fully charged shot from the Husk Fireball Launcher, but its charge time is not fast enough to continuously follow up with consecutive charged shots. It won't really matter if you can land all headshots with dual flares, but given the recoil of the flares and small flinch timer, that's an improbable dream made impossible since you will most likely die before succeeding.

The lesson here? Bring a Husk Fireball Launcher if you plan to Flare a Scrake to death, but if there is a Sharpshooter with the Xbow or LAR, let them kill the Scrake since flaring a Scrake wastes more of your ammo than a Sharpshooter would waste in killing the Scrake.

I know what you said but have you noticed that when you stand just right against the scrake and use dual flares to shoot to its body,the damage is about 500+,a very high valve,which means that a firebug can easily flinch to kill a scrake.But if you shoot far away from it,you can only deal 100+ dam.
There's a tip that firebug using any(well I think)perk weapon and standing just right against the zeds can deal a few times higher than usual.

Upvote 0