• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

vita needs killing floor

pauleigee

Dec 15, 2011
First of all I wanna thank tripwire for making killing floor and everyone involved im making such a great game. I think it would be a great idea to port KF to the vita. How awesome would it be to have killing floor with you everywhere you go? I know it's a total request but please think about it.

I thought we agreed that KF wouldn't really work on a console ages ago.

Not from what I remember. The main argument was "a controller isn't as accurate as a mouse", which is a poor argument when you consider the amount of console shooters people enjoy. You might have to remove a few of the keys since KF has many, but I don't think it'd have any considerable impact on the gameplay.

Upvote 0
Vita is a great console (although I'd never buy one, too used to Mouse and Keyboard :)), it certainly has the graphics capability to reflect KF really well.

Sadly a big problem is fitting the controls onto the Vita. Its hard enough shrinking them down onto a regular Xbox controller, and that thing has 2 analogue sticks, a D-pad and 2 control buttons, 4 triggers and 4 normal buttons to play with. The lack of those 2 extra triggers on the VIta make it alot harder to create any logical control scheme.

Unless KF was drastically simplified or a REALLY clever UI was developed using the back panel touch screen somehow, it doesn't really seem like there is any way to shrink the complex controls of KF onto a hand held console.

Upvote 0
Not from what I remember. The main argument was "a controller isn't as accurate as a mouse", which is a poor argument when you consider the amount of console shooters people enjoy. You might have to remove a few of the keys since KF has many, but I don't think it'd have any considerable impact on the gameplay.

Well the removal of the keys is the exact problem. Things that most people generally find useful may have to go bye-bye.

Upvote 0
Just saiyan, I would hate to attempt being a sharpshooter on a handheld.
KF is a game that needs quick and precise movements. The only peripheral input device I've seen that can offer such speed and precision, is your everyday mouse.

Even if someone got it running on the Vita, I don't think it would enjoy much use. It'd be more of a novelty thing in my opinion.

Reactions: Ghost1942
Upvote 0
Ok guys it's obvious you have no idea what the PS Vita is. I suggest you look it up on youtube just to see what the thing is made of. If not having enough buttons is what your worried about. The Vita has dual analog stix, d-pad, 4-buttons, L/R buttons, front and rear touch pad, lets not forget the start and select buttons. I don't think lack of buttons is going to be an issue here. I have a vita, the first game i played was on a console, I taught myself how to play using a keyboard and mouse and i love playing on the computer. I know games believe me and Killing Floor needs to be on the vita. so no matter where you are, you can pick it up and play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0