Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WIP Forum Upgrade

Please pardon our mess as we continue to iterate on the forum style, css and images. If you have any suggestions be sure to let us know in the off topic part of the forum!
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

HoE: Remove spawn items completely?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Undedd Jester View Post
    I figure since HoE is the "hold onto your butts" mode, why not remove weapon spawns completely? Players already get alot of discount, and money management and actual tactics would suddenly become key to beating the game.
    I hate people who suicide to get weapons and cash, but unfortunately that is what happens. The problem with not spawning with a weapon is someone who joins late. The other players could give him cash, but if they are funneling money to the demo already or if they just gave their money to a player who joined earlier, then the new player could very well be a hindrance for a couple waves.

I don't like it either, but it isn't an easy thing to fix.

Originally posted by BenioX View Post
    How about just change the weapon spawns for lvl 5 and 6? What I mean is for example like this:
    Zerker lvl 5 -> Machete
    Zerker lvl 6 -> Axe
    Medic (both lvls no change)
    Sharpshooter lvl 5 -> deagle
    Sharpshooter lvl 6 -> dual deagle
    Commando lvl 5 -> Bullpup (no change)
    Commando lvl 6 -> M4
    Firebug lvl 5 -> Mac10
    Firebug lvl 6 -> Mac10 and/or Flamethrower (no kevlar)
    Support lvl 5 -> Shotty
    Support lvl 6 -> Combat Shotty
    Demolition lvl 5 -> M79
    Demolition lvl 6 -> M32
    The thread is about preventing spawn exploiting and your reply is to provide spawning players with even more expensive weapons to sell?

Originally posted by Undedd Jester View Post
    Ofc the less extreme version of this idea is to say everyone gets a tier 2 item and thats it. e.g.
    Medic - Armour
    Support - Pump-action Shotgun
    Commando - Bullpup
    Sharpshooter - LAR
    Firebug - Mac-10
    Berserker - Axe
    Demo - ... double nades? M79 seems a bit generous compared to everyone else, then again I suppose the Demo does cost more money overall.
    My suggestion for weapon spawning is lvl 5 gets lowest tier 2 weapon and lvl 6 gets lowest tier 2 weapon and armor.

Originally posted by vealck View Post
    Spawn with no weapons = everybody spawns as a beserker or sharpshooter due to bonuses for basic weapons. Also, people will farm money in other ways, like on damage healing.
    Late joiners get screwed that way.
    Tips Game Perks Firebug
    Perks Pat Harry Comfort Joe
    Blob Cherub,Tritan Leech Swarm Legion
    Mutators 104k+Views

Comment

Originally posted by nutterbutter View Post
      The thread is about preventing spawn exploiting and your reply is to provide spawning players with even more expensive weapons to sell?
      I fail to see those are more xpensive weapons. Check again the original spawn weapons prices and then the newly suggested ones. Only demo and support I see maybe a bit by price are upper, but from the other hand those I suggested are weapons which aren't as "useful" as those they spawn with already, for example Hunting - typical Support has AA12 and Hunting loadout, noone uses Combat shotty really. Well, the demo originally has the pipes which they spawn with and put, then suicide and put even more. And well, I use LAW not M79/32 so I think it's not really something good for me in this suggestion is it?

Comment

I've already suggested once to make spawn items cost nothing. This could be applied on HoE only. So you just couldn't raise any money for anything you get for free (this could be applied also on items spawned on the map).

But from the other side, there are a lot of money on HoE even without exploiting. Currently I'm participating in KF tournament, where main rules are "1 player per perk" and "no suicide for money". And even with those rules in the end of wave 10 we get so much money so we can afford 3 demos fully equipped with pipes at PAT wave.
        KF-DarkZone released! Check it out...

Comment

Originally posted by poosh View Post
          But from the other side, there are a lot of money on HoE even without exploiting. Currently I'm participating in KF tournament, where main rules are "1 player per perk" and "no suicide for money". And even with those rules in the end of wave 10 we get so much money so we can afford 3 demos fully equipped with pipes at PAT wave.
          Crap, so you made it past wave 10?
          Heh, you know how me and my team played... and of course I took all blames...

Comment

Originally posted by BenioX View Post
            Crap, so you made it past wave 10?
            Heh, you know how me and my team played... and of course I took all blames...
            We would made it without any player death, if I'd noticed that stalker next to me and hadn't blown my *** up with M79 in wave 4
            KF-DarkZone released! Check it out...

Comment

Wouldn't the simplest solution to prevent spawn selling be change it so players who die during the trader time don't get to respawn until the next wave is over?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFalz View Post
                Wouldn't the simplest solution to prevent spawn selling be change it so players who die during the trader time don't get to respawn until the next wave is over?
                Drop weapons outside trader, give all your cash to a friend and die with 1 zed left to go.
                You'll respawn next round, having (practically) lost the team no money, but with the same net gain.

I like the idea about spawning weapons costing nothing though.
                Favourite classes: Sharp/support/demo (not a stupid demo don't worry).
                I don't like medics.
                Mostly play on HoE thesedays.

Comment

makes no sense to me

This whole thread makes no sense to me (i am NOT against it though). Not at all. I bet each one of You here plays HOE, and You are all successful. Since You all have skill, You don't need to suicide for money, and You and Your team can easily manage money You earn... so why would You be bothered if some glitchers did that? You are all above it.

I used to hate powerlevelers, but that changed - **** them. Even when they get lvl6, they have no skill/clue how play the game - all they have is golden ****.

If You need challenge, then spawn any class You want - use lvl6 weapon and dont sell it, or don't use it at all, and simply throw away. And if You are on Your own server or play with friends - just kick the exploiter - simple as that. No need for such changes. However if that got introduced, it could teach ppl to save ammo - and that would be sooooooo good!!! (I passionately loathe ammo wasters).
                  Last edited by swenor27; 04-26-2012, 07:10 PM.
                  FRAG'EM ALL

Comment

Originally posted by poosh View Post
                    I've already suggested once to make spawn items cost nothing. This could be applied on HoE only. So you just couldn't raise any money for anything you get for free (this could be applied also on items spawned on the map).
                    Even if spawn items cost nothing they are still valuable. Give an xbow or m79 to other members of the group.

Originally posted by swenor27 View Post
                    I used to hate powerlevelers, but that changed - **** them. Even when they get lvl6, they have no skill/clue how play the game - all they have is golden ****.
                    I just ignore it as well. Same with welding. I don't like it, but just like the players who suicide to cheat, I don't say anything.

Originally posted by Althamus View Post
                    Drop weapons outside trader, give all your cash to a friend and die with 1 zed left to go.
                    You'll respawn next round, having (practically) lost the team no money, but with the same net gain.
                    Yup. Players will always think of a way to take advantage of the situation.
                    Tips Game Perks Firebug
                    Perks Pat Harry Comfort Joe
                    Blob Cherub,Tritan Leech Swarm Legion
                    Mutators 104k+Views

Comment

Originally posted by nutterbutter View Post
                      Even if spawn items cost nothing they are still valuable. Give an xbow or m79 to other members of the group.
                      They're valuable, but to a limited extent. Apart from the sharp and Xbow, most of the weapons you spawn with either won't be used in a player's ideal loadout, or will be the smaller weapon in the ideal loadout (AK/SCAR, M79/M32 etc), so having that weapon will mean you'll still need to save up to buy the bigger weapon.
                      And if it were free, it removes the ability to suicide/sell, which IMHO is the bigger issue, since with that 'exploit', you can buy your ideal kit in maybe 2-3 waves without killing a single zed.
                      Favourite classes: Sharp/support/demo (not a stupid demo don't worry).
                      I don't like medics.
                      Mostly play on HoE thesedays.

Comment

Spawned weapons cost nothing, raise starting cash after wave 1 to 300, no cash refill or any weapons for those who die during trader time.

That way: late joiners are not screwed, no cash / weapon exploiting.

Players still could just reconnect the server instead of killing themselves.

sigpic

Comment

You could have it, if a coder here can figure out how, that you only get one spawning weapon per perk per match.

I.e. you spawn as ****shooter for the Xbow, then you sell that and suicide. Congratulations, you've just spawned with nothing!
                          203.217.24.135 - [}{] Killing Floor Legion server
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CandleJack View Post
                            Congratulations, you've just spawned with nothing!
                            That is so my new line when I see lvl 0-4 spawn (JK)

Comment

Originally posted by CandleJack View Post
                              You could have it, if a coder here can figure out how, that you only get one spawning weapon per perk per match.

I.e. you spawn as ****shooter for the Xbow, then you sell that and suicide. Congratulations, you've just spawned with nothing!
                              This is almost a genius idea, except..they can simply reconnect at the end of a wave and be given a new player instance, so tracking if they've already spawned with a weapon that game wouldn't be feasible.

Hypothetically, if you could track it (via steam ID maybe?) they would find another way around it.
                              Spoof ID. Use another account. Whatever.

...Or we could just leave it how it is, not gaining much.
                              The reason suiciding works is because the players already have a certain level of skill to play through the wave. They could do the same without spawn suiciding, so where is the issue?
                              Personally, I occasionally spawn suicide if I want to use the combat shotgun for example, because I feel it is over-priced.
                              I could play through the wave with the pump shotgun instead, but I want the over-priced combat shotgun for fun. It looks nice.

The same principle applies for just about any reason to spawn suicide.

Could also spawn suicide as demo or do the Handcannon trick to buy a lot of pipes so the demo can make a pretty picture with pipes for the patriarch wave.
                              For fun.
                              In my HoE experience, there is enough money in the game for several demos to stack the maximum amount of pipes to be useful (which is 14) on the pat wave without suiciding.

It is a luxury method some people use to enjoy the game more.
                              You don't have to use it. Patching it won't solve a fatal problem with the game. They can successfully complete HoE games without suiciding.

Consider the following chains of events:
                              • Patch it -> They find a way around it, or move on to something else -> People complete HoE games
                              • Don't patch it -> Your life doesn't end -> People complete HoE games
                              Now brb, enjoying some more KF.
                              [url=youtube.com/user/0Raz0r][img]http://s.ytimg.com/yt/favicon-vflZlzSbU.ico[/img][/url] ~1600h

[b]We want [url=http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1190800]Braindead's Hunting Rifle[/url]![/b]

Comment

i am very much against spawning with nothing at all, however i would not be entirely opposed to only spawning one set per wave if you die for whatever reason, or not at all if you suicide. i personally never suicide, but i am guilty of perk switching to start as zerker with xbow.
                                [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/calltheambalamps/videos"][IMG]http://s.ytimg.com/yt/favicon-vflZlzSbU.ico[/IMG][/URL] DOSH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME

Comment

Working...
                                X