• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Berserker Alt-Fire

Berserker Alt-Fire

• Yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Other / don't care.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
I vote no. Zerkers who get used to alt firing on right click would go to other classes and be all "WHAT IS THIS I CANNOT EVEN"

Plus, most people I know who are uncomfortable with the default bindings change them themselves. I hate middle clicking, so my alt fire is RM, and sights are L shift.

Upvote 0
to re-iterate. I am not suggesting any loss of functionality just that the iron-sights functions ALSO alt-fire for melee weapons ( which wouldn't necessarily only be used by berserkers).

Therefore: the functionality of your bindings, or that of anyone else, would be unchanged. Just those that wished to right click, for instance, for alt fire melee swings could do so.

Upvote 0
I vote no. Zerkers who get used to alt firing on right click would go to other classes and be all "WHAT IS THIS I CANNOT EVEN"

Plus, most people I know who are uncomfortable with the default bindings change them themselves. I hate middle clicking, so my alt fire is RM, and sights are L shift.

my alt fire is also RM, could never get used to the middle mouse which instead toggles my iron sights. if it messes with you that badly, change your controls.

Upvote 0
Would it be possible to set kf up to load a different config when you switch classes? IE with my ss I could have projectors turned on and standard controls. then if I switched to zerker it'd load up something with no projectors, and the rightclick mouse-alt fire set up they'd talked about here? I know on the quake engine stuff (cod/quake etc.) you could type cg_load blahblah.cfg or whoever into the console and it'd load up another console.

Upvote 0
Why not make the iron sights button show a "weapon aiming" animation for melee weapons? For example;

While holding 'iron sights' button with knife, the knife is moved so that the tip is center of screen.
With katana, the weapon is held in that 'badass stab stance' with tip in center (the one where the hilt is held at the side of the head with sword tip forward, like mitsurugi from soul calibur is commonly seen using).
With machete, weapon is held off camera with off hand stretched forward in a pose that allows for easy identification of center of screen (maybe at tip of thumb or something).
With claymore, sword is held in center of screen along the Z axis(?) (vertically) once again with tip at dead center.
And something else for axe and chainsaw- ran outta steam for ideas.

As long as iron sights is engaged the weapon is held in this pose- I figure most firing animations could play from these poses without too much visual discomfort. It would help to ascertain where to aim for headshots with melee weapons, at least for those of us who aren't already intimately familiar with this sort of thing ;)

Upvote 0
Why not make the iron sights button show a "weapon aiming" animation for melee weapons?

I like this idea, although I'd like to extend it so that using the iron sights button 'charges' up a 3rd attack (in a similar time it takes to aim with a weapon, for example) where primary fire then launches the attack. Since it uses the sights button it'd make sense for it to be some kind of accurate stab (or in the case of the Axe, a kind of knock) attack.

Upvote 0