• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Idea for Dual Handcannon and 44 Magnum

Dafe

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
My idea is for an alternate fire button for dual hand cannons or 44 magnums. This alternate button would allow the dual hcs or mags to be able to fire a bullet at the same time from each pistol. So, instead of regularly firing the dual magnums with 12 left clicks, I can fire all 12 rounds with 6 presses of the alternate fire button (F). The increased fire rate, and double damage would be nice to have against tougher enemies, even though ammo load would spill faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: poosh
I approve of the way the OP forgot about 9mms :D

And could do, binding it to alt fire. Firing two shots doesn't take much longer than firing a single pistol (or a double shot), but might be easier for some people, and it does kinda make sense.
Although so many newbies on Normal/Hard spamming like 5 HC shots at each clot already... they're gonna be out of ammo in the first 10 mobs each wave >.<

Also, my support disapproves of your slurs against alt firing D= It has been many months since I last single-fired my HSG.

Upvote 0
I like the idea in the opening post, but I would suggest doing the same for the dual 9mm, for consistency's sake.

I was thinking of that also, but if you press the alternate fire button for the 9mm doesn't that turn on the lights? I would rather have the lights for the 9mm or dual 9mm. HCs and Mags do more damage so it would be better for these weapons to have the "double shot". But, if for some reason T.I. decides this, I wouldn't have much of a problem with it.

Upvote 0
I was assuming it'd work with the 9mms as well.

Doesn't the flashlight also come on with F? Remove the flashlight alt fire from 9mms, and just keep it as F.
I'd also prefer all the pistols worked in the same way from a consistency PoV.

Afaik, i don't think you can. The F-button is just a quickbutton for the altfire of all weapons with flashlights, it's not a seperate function.

Upvote 0
Afaik, i don't think you can. The F-button is just a quickbutton for the altfire of all weapons with flashlights, it's not a seperate function.

I was more meaning TWI change things than users change them.

But I think it's more than that, because if you have a non-flashlight weapon out and press F, you'll pull out your biggest weapon with a flashlight and turn it on (or if you already have a flashlight weapon out, it'll just turn on).

Also, I'd have assumed it were the other way around - Alt-fire calls the F button when used for a 9mm/SG/CSG. In which case, I would've thought it'd be fairly easy for TWI to just remove the link.

Upvote 0
If alt fire is going to toggle dual wielding techniques, a third mode where you can use one at a time and allow sights to be used would be good. To make it easy the animations of the single pistol would be fine, but an animation where the left pistol is held in the other hand but not used until the right runs dry would be ideal. It could even be made faster to reload if you've only fired from the first pistol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0