• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WEAPON] Panzerfaust

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Just answered to IJC suggested RPG-7 idea and came out with a new weapon idea for a demo.

Panzerfaust's gameplay parameters:
  • Only 1 shot, after that weapon becomes useless / disappears.
  • Weight: 3 blocks.
  • Can't be dropped / shared with a teammate (like pipebomb).
  • Blast radius smaller than LAW (same as M79, maybe a little bit wider).
  • Base damage = 1000, up to 1600 for level 6 demo.
  • Delivers 4x more damage to target it hits directly (level 6 demo can instant kill 6p HoE FP or Scrake)
  • Big Faustpatrone's (missile) have no space to fly over small zed heads (except Crawlers) into FP or SC head (zeds in front of target should be cleared by teammates before making the shot).
  • Faustpatrone can be detonated by any other explosion or Husk fireball.
  • No extra damage bonus for FP (but no any resistance too).
  • 50% damage resistance for Patriarch.
  • Price:

Last edited:
Sounds cool, and you even included its disposable nature. It literally was a 'fire and forget' weapon.
@block - Forget wolfenstein, I first saw it in DOOM thanks to modding. :p (In all tho, it was just a Bazooka replacement)

*EDIT - Forgot to add, why not make it 1kg per pop? I mean, the thing (WW2 namely) was supposed to carried in great numbers by a single soldier who still had to hold his rifle / pistol / grenades / standard gear. In addition, just increase the price a little bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like the idea for the most part, but why undroppable? It seems cheap and unintuitive to me.
Since items despawn after trader time, you can't just pile them up, and if the team is coordinated enough to hold onto them for the demo, why not allow that sort of teamwork, and just give it enough disadvantages to balance that out?

Also, being able to adjust the sights for range, like in RO, would be nice.

Upvote 0
why not make it 1kg per pop?
Due to balance. Classic demo load-out "M32+M79+Pipes" leaves 2 free blocks. This load-out is a way too powerful to add such beast as Panzerfaust to it. That's why Panzerfaust should weight 3 blocks. But if demo sells his M79, he will have 6 free blocks. Do you really think having 6 Panzerfaust (= instant kill every FP in a wave) along with M32 and pipes won't be overpowered?
However, your post gave me the next idea: First Panzerfaust should weight 3 blocks while each next - only 1 (let's say you are supposed to have a box to store Panzerfausts, which weights 2 blocks). This shouldn't overpower demo, but in the same time makes Panzerfaust more usable.

I like the idea for the most part, but why undroppable? It seems cheap and unintuitive to me.
Since items despawn after trader time, you can't just pile them up, and if the team is coordinated enough to hold onto them for the demo, why not allow that sort of teamwork, and just give it enough disadvantages to balance that out?
Because Panzerfaust is lightweight and can be carried by many perks without any trade-off. Like I said before Support can carry it along with 2 shotguns, Commando - along with SCAR+AK47, Medic could find some place too. So making Panzerfaust droppable gives another FP instant kill for every Support, Commando and Medic in the team without any disadvantage. But if Support carries only one shotgun, other space filling with Panzerfausts?..

Upvote 0
Idea! Make it 1 (or 2) block(s) a pop, increase cost by $200 (don't have pounds symbol), and make it so it holds 1/1 ammo. Ex - only 4 or 5 Pfausts in the store at any time. You buy one, it dissapears but the other stay. Like how you can't buy 2 BPs, Aks, or SCARs etc... Just have different names / ammotype so when you fire one you still have ammo. (Ex - PFaust 1, 2, 3, 4, etc...)

Upvote 0
Idea! Make it 1 (or 2) block(s) a pop, increase cost by $200 (don't have pounds symbol), and make it so it holds 1/1 ammo. Ex - only 4 or 5 Pfausts in the store at any time. You buy one, it dissapears but the other stay. Like how you can't buy 2 BPs, Aks, or SCARs etc... Just have different names / ammotype so when you fire one you still have ammo. (Ex - PFaust 1, 2, 3, 4, etc...)

A good workaround for a mod, although I'd hope TWI would do a better job xD

Although if we were tlaking about mods, if it were a gun with 1/1 ammo, if you fired it, wouldn't it drop to 0/1, but still take up a spot in your inventory?

In which case, wouldn't it fill up from ammo boxes? (I only noticed the other day you can refill pipe bombs with ammo boxes. Don't carry them around that much :p I was like "O_O woah...")

Upvote 0
You can only refill pipebombs if you have at least one left though. Once you toss the last one you don't have the "weapon" anymore so you can pick up "ammo" for it either.
So if this Panzerfaust had 1/1 ammo and it was gone after you fired that this wouldn't be an issue.

(I haven't read the thread. Don't know if the weapon would be cool. Just commenting on the 0/1 ammo situation.)

Upvote 0
yeah i was thinking the ammo pool would work like pipes if you buy multiple panzerfausts. i actually really like this idea, would definitely pack a few of these in my demo kiting kit.

Yeap, it definitely should be like pipes, but with one exception: pipes are limited in number (2 for off-perk up to 8 for level 6 demo), but panzerfausts should be limited in weight (even off-perk you can carry as many panzerfausts as you want if you have enough money and free weight blocks). It could be the first weapon, which ammo has a weight.

Upvote 0