• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

popular horror weapons that haven't made kf yet

sOULiON

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
thought of a suggestion kind of thread recently that might be fun (who knows?). killing floor is a game that started out with some of the most essential horror movies weapons already onboard, like the axe, the machete and the chainsaw. the idea is that everyone posts a single signature horror movie weapon that is yet missing and what it brings to the table. didn't post this into the "ideas" forum cause it shouldn't be about changing the game, but something like "now thinking of ... to slash zeds with". might bring up some interesting gear no one would have thought of too (like a rebecca black cd buzzsaw - she's popular, she's horror and it would be a weapon). if anyone thinks this is a pretty strange idea, keep in mind that i propably have no idea where you live. propably.

first up - the pickaxe

images

used in movies like "my bloody valentine", "friday the 13th (part 2 if i remember it right)" and "cold prey 1+2". a mining tool that's heavy and slow to swing but can do some serious damage. might therefor be better as a high tier gear against the big guys (or people who dare to post "this is retarded" as sole and useless answer). :p

so which could be your tool of destruction?

@ slavek : thanks for the info. found and downloaded it. it's not a beauty in terms of shape and texture and a bit too effektive but if you're not looking for a realistic weapon feeling and want to do a grand slam pickaxe massacre it's not a bad choice.

since that means that the pickaxe already kinda is in kf, i have to chose another weapon to stay true to the title of the thread. something a little more diverse but still iconic that would give a modder some headaches this time : the hellraiser puzzle box

hellraiser_box.jpg

when opened most likely to grab whoevers close with chains that have hooks to their ends and tear both body and soul to shreds.

the painkiller sequel overdose had a cube that turned into a shredder but, from my knowledge, that's as close as an fps ever got. so this is not only a weapon that didn't made kf, but propably not even any other first person game there is.

@ all : like the contributed ideas so far. fun to read and picture in game.

btw : the kittchen knife is different enough from the machete to pass.

Upvote 0
the painkiller sequel overdose had a cube that turned into a shredder but, from my knowledge, that's as close as an fps ever got. so this is not only a weapon that didn't made kf, but propably not even any other first person game there is.

I'd say the soul cube from Doom 3 is a pretty close match. It shredded enemies, was recharged by killing and had infinite uses. Fairly brutal and lethal.

Upvote 0