• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No sequel yet ?

Monztamash

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2012
Really surprised you guys at Tripwire haven't announced a sequel for KF so far.

I don't play as much as I used to, but that might be normal considering my first experience was with the UT2k4 mod a looooong time ago.

The concept of KF is great, and I'd love a complete new version of it.

I know I'll get some replies about KF still getting updates, but what I really want is a new KF game and engine from the Tripwire team. Major improvements that can't just be added to the old game.

So basically... Love the KF formula, creepy artstyle and lite-RPG gameplay, but tired of the same old version even with the annual updates.

Reactions: BenioX
Just a reminder to any TWI staff reading this thread:

spongebob-wallet.jpg

Upvote 0
You could almost say that The Haunted: Hell's Reach fits that, but it's third person, handles weapons totally differently, and hasn't been super successful it seems.

Hells Reach seems like a massive failure to me, last time I checked it didnt even have any official dedicated servers, and listen servers lagged. Asked the Devs about it and they said they are working on it but after months still nothing... now they dont even answer to forum posts anymore.

What comes to KF2, it would be mad of Tripwire not to make a sequel. Id say we can definately expect one, its just a matter of time (few years?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0