Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

whats wrong with you :o

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats wrong with you :o

first you guys rage:
    - WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO BUY THE ENTIER GAME, ONLY TO GET THIS ASH CHARACTER?!?!
    then when they announce the "DLC ASH". your going like:
    - OMG!! you are so nice TWI so now im going to buy the gold box!!

so I believe TWI is playing us as fools... any truth to that?!?

Originally posted by Blockbot View Post
    Only fool I can see here is you.

Comment

first you guys rage:
      - WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO BUY THE ENTIER GAME, ONLY TO GET THIS ASH CHARACTER?!?!

You either haven't read the thread properly or are just ignorant to what people have said.

Either way, you have no idea of what you are talking about and I don't understand why you felt the need to create a new thread, when you could have easily have posted this in one of the original threads.
      [CENTER][URL="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989157704/myworkshopfiles?appid=1250"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL][/CENTER]

Comment

I understand perfectly what TWI does. they are trying to be like EA and be nice at the same time!!!! :O

Comment

first you guys rage:

I'd save your breath and time bud.

Anyone who thinks differently just get ripped apart.

WaloWizard. TheLegacyMan.

Both spoke out about this. Both got a ban for not making a civil post. In reality they got a ban for speaking out against TWI and TWI didn't like hearing the truth.

Oh I say both got a ban. Walo got a ban. Legacy got censored. He can log in, he can post, but no one can see it but TWI and him.

So you talk about being taken for fools... I'd say yeah... and as for being ignorant as you've been called. Well the ignorant ones are the ones who are falling in line and not smelling the coffee.

If TWI believed what they did with Iceburg was perfectly acceptable, they wouldn't be banning and censoring people to stop them sharing their views. they just wouldn't care, because they knew what they did was right.

But no, instead they have stopped people sharing their views because they know there is truth in what they're saying. They know they screwed up, thats why they're playing government clean up.

To the point blockbot. You already got your answer when the first few people replied. TWI are banking on the fools you've already seen reply. And they're banking on a winning horse, because baby, those fools aint going anywhere as you can clearly see.

Here sheepy sheepy sheep.

Oh and I'd look at

Originally posted by Xienen View Post
          Now that I'm no longer speaking on behalf of Tripwire when I post, I can officially say what I've wanted to say for all these years...

You guys are all insane!

And yet somehow I still love you all
          He ends it well... but how much was to save face. Because god know he really did mean the insane part.
          Last edited by BlockBusterBuff; 04-29-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

first you guys rage:

Why is this character so important?

I already have too many characters to choose from as it is right now and then i haven
            Last edited by Maddoxx; 04-29-2012, 06:42 PM.
            nil admirari

Comment

Originally posted by BlockBusterBuff View Post
              I'd save your breath and time bud.

Anyone who thinks differently just get ripped apart.

WaloWizard. TheLegacyMan.

Both spoke out about this. Both got a ban for not making a civil post. In reality they got a ban for speaking out against TWI and TWI didn't like hearing the truth.

Oh I say both got a ban. Walo got a ban. Legacy got censored. He can log in, he can post, but no one can see it but TWI and him.

So you talk about being taken for fools... I'd say yeah... and as for being ignorant as you've been called. Well the ignorant ones are the ones who are falling in line and not smelling the coffee.

If TWI believed what they did with Iceburg was perfectly acceptable, they wouldn't be banning and censoring people to stop them sharing their views. they just wouldn't care, because they knew what they did was right.

But no, instead they have stopped people sharing their views because they know there is truth in what they're saying. They know they screwed up, thats why they're playing government clean up.

To the point blockbot. You already got your answer when the first few people replied. TWI are banking on the fools you've already seen reply. And they're banking on a winning horse, because baby, those fools aint going anywhere as you can clearly see.

Here sheepy sheepy sheep.

Oh and I'd look at

He ends it well... but how much was to save face. Because god know he really did mean the insane part.
              I am sorry to disagree with you. Imo Walo, got his ban for insulting people, hijacking every thread to get his anti-fossil point across and taking them off topic, where he had no need to, winding people up and inciting riots.

What about this character, do you guys not comprehend? TWI did not make it, Iceberg did and for their support, TWI teamed up with them to create the Gold box.
              They did similar with the RO2 and Ball games, which had exclusive content, where customers could show their support and get rewarded for it.
              No ulterior motives at play.
              No one HAS to buy the Gold box and TWI have shown how much they care about the community, as they have given in to the loyal fan base and agreed to release the 'Exclusive' content as a DLC, so no one feels left out.

Sorry Walo-wannabe, I can't really explain this any more but I think it would fall on deaf ears anyway, so say what you like.
              [CENTER][URL="http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989157704/myworkshopfiles?appid=1250"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by braindead View Post
                Sorry Walo-wannabe, I can't really explain this any more but I think it would fall on deaf ears anyway, so say what you like.
                No worries, and yeah it falls on deaf ears simply because anything I say to you, will also fall on deaf ears.

I am willing to take both sides of the coin into consideration, you are clearly not, and thats when we get these ugly face offs.

The situation with TWI and iceberg has played out, I have the original incident and follow up response from TWI in consideration.

I also have Walo's, Legacys, Blocks and a few more peoples opinions in consideration.

And personally, there are more holes in the TWI and Iceberg side of the coin than the censored fews side of the coin.

But like you said, its all on deaf ears right.

And Walo-wannabe... says alot doesn't it. All painted with the same brush for not standing in line.

Comment

Originally posted by BlockBusterBuff View Post
                  All painted with the same brush for not standing in line.
                  This is the part what throws me every time. Can you please, please explain this? is this some kind of conspiracy theory thing or something?

I come here because I love KF, nothing more and nothing less and I cannot say anything bad about TWI because for the past 2 years, all they have done, is give us free content, listen to the fan base and show their support.
                  For such a low price game and such a small company, I have seen them work their arses off to give us more and more goodies, which annoys me that people try and put them in the same category as companies like EA or the like.

It isn't a case of us against you, or you against the fossils, TWI just haven't given me one single reason not to support them.

I am just a happy customer and that is it.

Comment

Originally posted by braindead View Post
                    This is the part what throws me every time. Can you please, please explain this? is this some kind of conspiracy theory thing or something?
                    Obviously, it's wrong for private forums to ban/ remove/ censor people that violate the rules they agreed to follow upon signing up for said forums. It's also wrong for companies to want to make money from time and effort put into making a product.

Comment

I'm not against anyone... its harsh but... I dont care about anyone on the internet, let alone this forum. Please... its the internet.

I care about me, I care about my money and where I plan to put it... and I dont plan to put it in TWI's or Icebergs pocket anymore.

Your happy with TWI. I'm not.

Other people are happy with TWI. Others aren't.

Its as clear cut as that.

You gotta respect both sides of the coin.

I'm just not favouring TWI and Icebergs side for their actions through this incident.

I dont agree with censoring, no matter if its private or not. If you are taking money from someone, you have the decency to listen to what they have to say.

And you may not like the EA remarks, but there is no smoke without fire.

And the history of the world always goes the same. An empire starts doing well, it becomes more about the money than the people. Hence the EA remarks.

Comment

Are you guys seriously thinking there's some conspiracy over a DLC character.

Seriously.

Can we take a step back and think about this rationally?

TWI set a deal with iceburg - iceberg distributes their gold edition, gets a cut of the profit, and in return helps TWI develop a female character. KF fans get wind of this and get mad, which TWI didn't seem to expect (which, tbh, they should have). TWI works out a deal with ICeberg to let them (later) sell the character seperately. People are happy that TWI listens to their fans.

Pretty simple, yeah? No dark conspiracies here.

Comment

Walo was hilarious.
                          Originally posted by lawszepie
                          clot is not vampire they have resistance against light

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfdust View Post
                            Are you guys seriously thinking there's some conspiracy over a DLC character.

Seriously.

Can we take a step back and think about this rationally?

TWI set a deal with iceburg - iceberg distributes their gold edition, gets a cut of the profit, and in return helps TWI develop a female character. KF fans get wind of this and get mad, which TWI didn't seem to expect (which, tbh, they should have). TWI works out a deal with ICeberg to let them (later) sell the character seperately. People are happy that TWI listens to their fans.

Pretty simple, yeah? No dark conspiracies here.

Really?

Damnit, ... well in that case can you help me get all this tin foil off? I kinda went overboard...
                            "We must stand up men! Stand up and vow to continue to never play RO:HOS like never before! "
                            - HockeyWarrior,
                            From the original RO:HOS is dying thread circa 2009.

Comment

We have enough threads similar to this one. Closing.

Comment

Working...
                              X