Forum Rules

• Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

French noobs (no offence French people)

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is getting more stupid and random by the post. I suggest a lock before people reply with even more randomness like :

Originally Posted by KFFreak
    Originally Posted by Supahkawaki
    I like Pie!!!
    Originally Posted by Le Douche
    Cookies! I hate abortion...
    Originally Posted by KartonKFKillah
    I want nipples on stalkers! Cous I roll like that!

Originally posted by Hemi View Post
      This thread is getting more stupid and random by the post. I suggest a lock before people reply with even more randomness like :
      All started from Benjamin and the other French guy. Coincidence?

Originally posted by CandleJack View Post
      So specific people in a specific country are acting nonsensical?

In that case, i present possibly the most retarded Australian i've ever had the misfortune of meeting.

What perk did he play with? If medic then he was all fine being even lvl 0...
      Last edited by BenioX; 05-03-2012, 06:23 AM.

Originally posted by Hemi View Post
        This thread is getting more stupid and random by the post. I suggest a lock before people reply with even more randomness

TOO LATE!!
        I like french fries

Originally posted by RoBoT View Post
          TOO LATE!!
          I like french fries
          Actually it's not that random. It's still on-topic, as it still contains "FRENCH" in name

Now about the server:
          Yesterday I was lucky enough to spot another a$$hat on that server, and GUESS WHAT! He wasn't French, he was Polish. Through all the game on RE1 Mansion Story he was asking us to talk Polish cuz he didn't understand English, then when I told him I am Polish too when he asked who's Polish, and then he stopped talking Polish, in fact, he simply shut up. Now for the bad part about him - he was medic lvl 3, didn't carry medigun, didn't heal with syringe either (unless himself) and next map, something REvamp, I was commando and was about to pick up bullpup, but he took it, I asked him in english, then in Polish, to give it back. After like 3 minutes of chasing him, guess what? He gave me his medigun and continued running with bullpup and died very shortly and ragequit. I searched for bullpup just to find syringe laying on the ground.

Originally posted by RoBoT View Post
            TOO LATE!!
            I like french fries
            Victor Fries loves bot too.

Originally posted by BenioX View Post
              What perk did he play with? If medic then he was all fine being even lvl 0...
              He was sharpie or supp IIRC.
     - [}{] Killing Floor Legion server

Warning : this reply is coming from a French, expect a lot of mistakes...

So, now you can't tell you didn't knew what to expect !

I'm a French player and I clearly dislike to play on French servers, why ?

Because good French servers are quite not common... The opposite is more a rule than anything else.

Last week, i got banned from a French server ( "C'est une vraie boucherie" in english it means : "it's a real bloodbath"), the reason of my ban, being to noob friendly... Yup, exactly, I saw a level 0 Sharpshooter joining at wave 3, i gave him a bit of my money and my good old mac10 (blahblahblah, i was a firebug and so what) i gave the rest to a level 2 'zeker that just died, they were both happy... But not the level 6 sharpshooter that was here from the very beginning and never ever asked for money or anything, and didn't die either... He started to insult me in French, i answered him politely that he wasn't in a real need, I could only make it to the 7th wave, then i got banned from the server.

The sharpshooter was an admin...

But you see, i played a lot on french servers (i really enjoy when i have a low ping), and it's the only time that an incident of this sort happened...

Most of the time, you must have played with kids that are not allowed to play this game (less than 15 year old), it's not a problem of culture but of age !

I play with a friend of mine, TKG, and we made a few friends on steam while playing killing floor, I think, if we were playing like noobs or like morons, they wouldn't had added us.

Simply, say a word or two in French if you know you go on a French server and they will maybe get nicer with you (a simple "Bonjour" does not cost a lot, and it's not only working for french servers, i also say "guten tag" on german servers, "Hallo" on NL servers and so on if i know how to say it). If you want i can type a survival sheet for foreign players going to a French server. (Lesson 1, Canard pc = good community but french astonishing, isn't it ?)

Now for the random french players' behavior, i think i can explain it a little.

I used to play in a french team of Forgotten Hope 2 and the French logic seems more like, ok now i'm sure to die, it's only a game, what can i do ?

If i stay here i die, if i go i die, there's a panzer across the street, my squad is the other way, i cannot do anything against it, i'll just run like hell to that pak 40 (anti tank canon) and try to use it against him...

The solutions are : - i destroy the tank... everybody survive

- I get shot by the tank, well i was only a decoy, now my squad can use that time to cross the street and blow him up !

- a random german shoot me, well it will attract the panzer attention... my squad can now try to take it down...

And i played a lot Left 4 Dead 2 and i can tell you it's the same thing, i prefer to know i will probably die, than knowing all my buddies will die.

So when you think there is no logic, under this not so random moves, try to place it in a bigger picture...

Best regards,
                Sorry for the bad english, i'm French ! Yes, you know, baguette baguette, ohohoh !

Well, 4 pages and still the same thing again and again.

I strongly suggest to lock this post before it really derails, so far it's still polite, but it won't last.

You registered just to tell us that? Nice one mate.
                    "If I had lvl 25 Sharp Shooter and lvl 25 SWAT, we could rule HoE." - Anton Strasser

Originally posted by Rattler View Post
                      You registered just to tell us that? Nice one mate.
                      Nope, actually I tried to post for some time, but every time I got a message telling me that a moderator must approve my account before publishing. So now it works.

As for the subject, you can really read between the lines that French players are douchs because it's the way they are. It's clearly targeted at French people, and I don't see the point of letting this post go if it's only a racial rant.

Every group has some bad elements, but here some people go play on a French server just to see if they can find a player so douchey that they can come here and say : "well, he was French, classic".

So a lock would be good.

I think we can all agree that the state or level of retardation on the boards has increased lately, wonder why though...

A lock would be in place yes
                        Last edited by Hemi; 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM.

Quality beniox thread

Originally posted by Splatpope View Post
                            Quality beniox thread
                            Quality Splatpope insult.

Now, I do agree this thread could be locked... people are becoming really... weird here, and I don't want anything get out of control, better end it nicely than the way Hunter did...

Next time for future reference, besides the unnecessary off topic banter avoid the calling out of nationalities regardless of any poor lighthearted attempts.