Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

French noobs (no offence French people)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenioX View Post
    But here is one major problem - on Normal, if I get lag, I get swarmed BUT I can get out of the situation alive most likely. At Suicidal/HoE if I lag even with just 1 clot being around, I mostly end up dead or with max 10 hp left.
    Oh yea, I was talking about myself and my experiences (without an unfortunote computer/net connection). But yea, occassionally I lag as well, and unless you're camping and being covered by someone, a lag of more than a second or so pretty much means you're dead on suicidal/HoE (and your team is about to die if you're unlucky or in a vital role).
    Favourite classes: Sharp/support/demo (not a stupid demo don't worry).
    I don't like medics.
    Mostly play on HoE thesedays.

Comment

Originally posted by Undedd Jester View Post
      This is gonna sound very bad off the bat, but honestly bear with me.

Generally I don't like playing with French people, not just in KF, but in any game I've ever played, however its not because I dislike the French or anything. Quite simply French gamers are... odd... for lack of a better word.

I can't really explain it very well in KF terms, so I'll try and explain it in other games. Essentially French gamers are typically very anti logical, but have alot of skill. It is very, very hard to predict what they are gonna do, both playing with them and playing against them.

Take Counter Strike as an example. French players wander around with next to no strategy, but also no fear. Take a situation something like my team will get 2 kills on one bombsite and are clearly pushing it. Any logical player would rotate back to that bombsite while the remainder of their team waits for the back up to all push as a team... not French players. Instead they will go insanely aggressive and push out into the opposing team going for as many kills before he dies as possible... but they don't even flash or smoke or pre-nade iranything, they just run in. It's such a daft suicidal move that alot of the time you aren't expecting it, so you get caught off guard.

Its not just CS, it's in every game I play with them. It's like something engrained in their gaming culture, they are always just incredibly "keen". Britons on the other hand tend to be very tactical, always preferring to take their time, and out think their opponents. Tactics however are useless when your enemy is just so damned illogical that you can't anticipate them
      You just described my french friend vs me in absolute perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by Althamus View Post
        Oh yea, I was talking about myself and my experiences (without an unfortunote computer/net connection). But yea, occassionally I lag as well, and unless you're camping and being covered by someone, a lag of more than a second or so pretty much means you're dead on suicidal/HoE (and your team is about to die if you're unlucky or in a vital role).
        A second is barely any close to how long my lags are. Sometimes they take 5 seconds, sometimes even 15-30 seconds. Most awkward is though when I have iPod connected cuz my cable is a bit broken so occasionally PC sees it as plugged in and out then back in really quick so PC gets additional lag for a while. Not to mention that mostly when I lag I auto-walk in direction which I went before lag, and if I used auto-weapon it spammed it if I clicked it before lag. Add to it fact that if I throw nades while lag most likely next message I see after lag ends is "You blew up"

Comment

there're still bad players on suicidal or HoE, but they tend to be a lot rarer.
          Yeah, but they are even more terrible than the Normal diff noobs. One time I joined after wave 8 sui ice breaker, and I went medic. I was lvl 5 so I haven't any gun instead of the handcannon which spawn every wave near "the spot". One of the guys was decent player but the rest were awful. I found me and the other guy dealing with the scrs and the fps, but my armor went out really fast because of all this tanking. So I stepped back and just started to heal the others. But I was called noob and they asked me why I am not killing the scrs and the fps, because you see this is what my job is (oO). Then near the middle of the wave these bastards died and so do I because my HC ran out of ammo and I found myself between scr and fp without armor. Then in the chat they blamed me for their deaths because I didn't managed to keep all of them alive and in the same time I didn't killed scrs and fps..... I find myself very often among players who dont know how to play their class. In the time I have build my dream team of some kind. In every game I meet some good player I become a friend with him and add him in steam friends so we can play together. So I join in my friends' games where they are with their friends and we are only good players with pretty decent win ratio (I mean wins in row on sui/hoe). But they stopped playing KF for some reason, the rest of us who are still playing are doing it very rarely because of the douchebags and noobs in the high diff servers. The player base is not what it used to be anymore. Most of the good players are playing only with friends/clans and the servers are populated with trash and kids. I hope that the new KF stuff coming this year will bring the good players back
          "If I had lvl 25 Sharp Shooter and lvl 25 SWAT, we could rule HoE." - Anton Strasser

Comment

Originally posted by Rattler View Post
            The player base is not what it used to be anymore. Most of the good players are playing only with friends/clans and the servers are populated with trash and kids. I hope that the new KF stuff coming this year will bring the good players back
            I agree on that except from KF stuff coming this year bringing good players back. If anything - it'll bring more newcomers, lvl 0s to HoE servers and such like it was during Christmas time. Fear the day of lvl 0s, that'd be when all good players most likely will stop playing for a bit to wait for when there are less "newbs".

Comment

lol

I have only read the title.
              I am from Poland and I see a ****LOAD of noobs from Poland. A disastrous torrent of morons comes Russia as well. I have only met 2 good Russian players. I see noobs from UK, NL, Germany, Spain, Portugal.... and rest of the world.

French? XJ5, BLOOD SCOURGE, GRIPPY - man, these guys are real beasts at KF. If I were to choose You or them, then I wanna be French from now on.

Noobs, newbies and less skilled are everywhere. Don't mock French in general, seriously, please?
              Last edited by swenor27; 04-26-2012, 09:19 PM.
              FRAG'EM ALL

Comment

Originally posted by swenor27 View Post
                I realised.
                I am from Poland and I see a ****LOAD of noobs from Poland.
                I am from Poland too and I do agree with you, although not noobs are the thing I can see among Polish people being the biggest pain, but players who go like "stop cursing or ban" or "I am so pro omgwtf" then die, or when you play as medic with crossbow they are mad at you for "not sticking to your perk" and pretty much gameplay gets stiff and boring.
                Noobs, newbies and less skilled are everywhere. Don't mock French in general, seriously, please.
                Well, as you said, you read only the title, so I am not surprised you said that. Read before you post

Comment

read whole post

I read the whole post, slowly, what I wrote applies... still.
                  Keep in mind one thing - I was nub too, You were too, many good players were nubs too, and finally - You were just unlucky that day, and that's it.
                  Have fun anyway.
                  Last edited by swenor27; 04-26-2012, 08:48 PM.
                  FRAG'EM ALL

Comment

keep in mind one thing - i was nub too, You were too, many good players were nubs too
                    Eh, I think there's a difference between being a noob and a newb.

Everyone had a point at which they weren't any good at playing KF or FPSs. I'd argue that not everyone had a point at which they would insult other players out of ignorance, or deliberately worked to kill their team out of spite.
                    Favourite classes: Sharp/support/demo (not a stupid demo don't worry).
                    I don't like medics.
                    Mostly play on HoE thesedays.

Comment

i read the whole post, slowly, what i wrote applies... still
                      keep in mind one thing - i was nub too, You were too, many good players were nubs too
                      and finally - You were just unlucky that day, and that's it
                      have fun anyway
                      The thing is not about if they were noobs or not. That's totally different thing to be a noob who wants to learn how to play, and to be a total jerk griefers who act childish and insult others for being better than they are. As I said - I don't mind nationality, I mind the behavior, I mind the way they acted like, and I am pretty sure it's not just that they are "nub", it's that they are harsh right-where-spine-ends-holes.

Also, it's not just that I am unlucky which is the important thing here, but the fact such players who ACT like this are making KF a joke. What if someone just bought KF, joined the server instead of me, and got treated the same way? Most likely, different person in the same situation would not even play this long with them - would ragequit and very likely thing is they'd not play KF for very long time, then come back and see if they got right feeling about KF and most likely see it from the brighter way.

Of course, that is true that NOT all players are like that, and that it's not a huge deal, YET something like that NEVER should have taken place, like griefing at FF servers, like Vote-kicking on-sight, like mic-spamming. That makes KF not so enjoyable as it could be. I sometimes rather play with lvl 0s and explain to them how to play, give them money and guns, help them lvl up, instead of play with some teams like the French one. Anytime I am in game with such players, I am thinking: why does KF community have them? Do other communities have as many of them? What does KF have to atract those? For example Trader blockers, what atracts them is lack of Anit-Blocker mut. For some reason though not every server runs Anti-Blocker, and that is one of reasons and maybe the only reason why they exist. So now back to my point - what atract THIS kind of people I just played with? How to get rid of them? Should we get rid of them? Sure, everyone was a noob, but not everyone behave like *insert insult here*.

Eh, I think there's a difference between being a noob and a newb.

Everyone had a point at which they weren't any good at playing KF or FPSs. I'd argue that not everyone had a point at which they would insult other players out of ignorance, or deliberately worked to kill their team out of spite.
                      There is a major difference between noob and newb.

Noob = Someone who plays totally dumb, no matter how much he played, how much experienced, he'll never learn from mistakes. They, very often, play the game wrong way, for example instead of helping team in a co-op game they do everything for the team to loose, doesn't listen to tips from others and behaves like an *insert insult here*.
                      Newb = A newcommer, "Newbie", someone who still learns the rules and tries to come along. Better than a noob in many ways - Newb can learn from mistakes unlike noob, mostly after playing longer can be a good player unlike a noob. Also, newbs, unlike noobs, don't grief intentionally (most likely at least).
                      Last edited by BenioX; 04-26-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Althamus
                        Yes, You have a point, I apologize to those I called nubs/noobs, but You (me too) were all newbies to this game

Beniox
                        Play with friends man, or avoid childish players, in end You can always play solo.
                        People are mean. People just want to shoot stuff, they don’t know the game, they don’t care, they rage bigs, waste ammo, go solo, they do all they crazy nonsense stupid stuff.
                        I don’t play on public servers as often as I used to. I do pop in one of them every now and then, but very often I see people play quite risky game. There are jerks, but what will You do?

My story now:
                        2 ago I played a fun hard game solo on biohazard - on wave 4 a guy joined, next wave another joins? AA spam guys, this is only hard. They were scared, but they listened. They were newbies, but they listened. We won. Next map, I told them what to do - they listened, long story short - we won easily. Next map - same 2 guys and me, and then in the middle of the game 2 new guys join - they all listened. Great game. Don’t fret! It is hard only. On wave 7 a guy named Bocor joins, and this is best thing I have ever seen - simple but amazing, the guy kept supporting us as zerk - he would kite stuff outside, escort any late joiner, give dosh, escort late joiner, kite bigs away so we make it to trader. It sounds trivial, but I have never seen someone to be such a good soul with such will to help newbies (the guy turned out to be amazingly skilled player - a real professional - skilled with manners).

Point? I was lucky that day - out of last 15 days, this was the only day I had fun on hard game mode. on the contrary You were unlucky.
                        Real life is a *****, and so is life in the game.
                        Last edited by swenor27; 04-26-2012, 08:41 PM.
                        FRAG'EM ALL

Comment

Spoiler!

I understand your point man and you know, you still missed the point a bit.
                          There are jerks, yes. But there are things which make them be jerks and there are things which atract them to be jerks. Like lack of Anti-blocker adds them courage to block trader. You get the point?
                          Now, what makes them call other players "noobs" while they die and what makes them grief like that? That is what I want to get answers for, maybe solution as well. Playing solo or with friends is not quite what I like. I know it sounds stupid, but I love playing with low lvl players and support them, as you said before, you loved that zerker who supported team. That is exactly what I love doing as well as that zerker. But once for a while I want to play my favourite maps just to relax a bit, and I find only 1 game with a ping which is acceptable, and it turns out that it's infested by imbeciles who love to destroy the fun. Why I stayed there? Mostly to show them how miserable they are. But then, stupid never knows about own stupidity. Even if you shove them knowledge to their tiny brain, it'll refuse to take it and will turn against you. And that is the lesson I got from the day. So, why did I not just quit?
                          Basically, they destroyed my mood, so to get my good mood back I had to revenge, and they were so miserable with their attempts to be even more evil, they acted like a mouse trapped in cage insulting the one who has power over it and thinking that it can escape anytime and strike. What made it even more fun to me was that I could share experience with others, and maybe find solution against such people and make the KF better (I know I know, I just keep dreaming and I want to be a hero, yada yada, I am not a hero, that's my duty and so on blah blah).

Now, back to the point - is there any solution OTHER than playing solo or with friends? Is there any solution which makes playing with random players more enjoyable? Is there a way to keep those people like those assholes away from the servers? (Just don't suggest making own one, in KF it's not that easy, I tried).

EDIT: Also, I'd love to point out KF is CO-OP, so playing SOLO doesn't make it as enjoyable.
                          Last edited by BenioX; 04-26-2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

There is a major difference between noob and newb.

Noob = Someone who plays totally dumb, no matter how much he played, how much experienced, he'll never learn from mistakes. They, very often, play the game wrong way, for example instead of helping team in a co-op game they do everything for the team to loose, doesn't listen to tips from others and behaves like an *insert insult here*.
                            Newb = A newcommer, "Newbie", someone who still learns the rules and tries to come along. Better than a noob in many ways - Newb can learn from mistakes unlike noob, mostly after playing longer can be a good player unlike a noob. Also, newbs, unlike noobs, don't grief intentionally (most likely at least).
                            Yes, there is. You are correct. I apologize. Lesson learned.

I understand your point man and you know, you still missed the point a bit.
                            There are jerks, yes. But there are things which make them be jerks and there are things which atract them to be jerks. Like lack of Anti-blocker adds them courage to block trader. You get the point?
                            I do. They are jerks, because they have an excellent opportunity. Some people are spiteful by nature.

Now, what makes them call other players "noobs" while they die and what makes them grief like that? That is what I want to get answers for, maybe solution as well.
                            RAGE. They died, You didn't.

I know it sounds stupid, but I love playing with low lvl players and support them.
                            It does not sound stupid to me. It is a fantastic feeling when You lead scared guys to victory - I LOVE IT (as long as they listen haha).

Why I stayed there? Mostly to show them how miserable they are. But then, stupid never knows about own stupidity. Even if you shove them knowledge to their tiny brain, it'll refuse to take it and will turn against you. And that is the lesson I got from the day. So, why did I not just quit?
                            Basically, they destroyed my mood, so to get my good mood back I had to revenge, and they were so miserable with their attempts to be even more evil, they acted like a mouse trapped in cage insulting the one who has power over it and thinking that it can escape anytime and strike. What made it even more fun to me was that I could share experience with others, and maybe find solution against such people and make the KF better (I know I know, I just keep dreaming and I want to be a hero, yada yada, I am not a hero, that's my duty and so on blah blah).
                            No point in staying. You will achieve nothing that way. They had already refused to be helped.

Now, back to the point - is there any solution OTHER than playing solo or with friends? Is there any solution which makes playing with random players more enjoyable? Is there a way to keep those people like those assholes away from the servers? (Just don't suggest making own one, in KF it's not that easy, I tried).
                            You can only count on luck. You can vote kick. You cannot make them listen, You can only try to help them. Some will listen. Some will not e.g. "Frack off, I don't care what you say, i'm gonna shoot zombies."

It is not possible to travel faster than light.
                            Last edited by swenor27; 04-26-2012, 09:20 PM.
                            FRAG'EM ALL

Comment

I am in Australia and i prefer to play on asian servers SG or JP, reason is because there are practically no griefers, name callers or asshats. Sometimes i find myself with a team full of newbs and we wipe on wave 8/9, but hey i'm good with that since rarely does anyone spit the dummy and in the scenario that they do they tend to face a majority kick vote pretty much instantly.

An example was a match where 2 fp are approaching from one side on mountain pass at the usual camping spot, i backpeddle back to main group, the player next to me a hero support decides to take em on, he goes down (go figures), group kills fp's, the support then decides to rages at me for not helping him kill the fp's, other players tell him to shut it, he does. Come next wave, he dies to early fp, he rages at fp. As we're progressing thru the wave I decide to switch to bullpup to train hip headshots while circle strafing a bunch of zed, outta no where the dead support decides to mock me for not being able to aim...next thing i know 3 vote kicks were placed instantly against him without me doing anything. I was pretty much the last person to initiate the vote kick.

Comment

at odd times in the night (pacific time), my FF servers get tons of french tkers.
                                the other 40 non-ff servers i'm not sure if french ppl are on cause i only play on the ff ones (there's 5 of them).

sorry if this didnt have anything to do with the thread, i didnt read anything but the title.
                                Last edited by ro_sauce; 04-27-2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X