Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Any Way to Change Flamethrower to Slot 4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poosh View Post
    I'm talking about zerker or medic, who blocks FP and SC, and nades and rockets flying though them.
    I'm confused, zerkers/medics who are bodyblocking FPs don't always crouch?

Also, DarkFalz is crazedtofu?
    Your youtube channel rocks dude
    Favourite classes: Sharp/support/demo (not a stupid demo don't worry).
    I don't like medics.
    Mostly play on HoE thesedays.

Comment

Originally posted by Althamus View Post
      Also, DarkFalz is crazedtofu?
      Your youtube channel rocks dude
      Yep, that's me. And thank you. I'm glad you enjoy the videos.

Comment

I'm confused, zerkers/medics who are bodyblocking FPs don't always crouch?
        Now they aren't supposed to.
        KF-DarkZone released! Check it out...

Comment

Originally posted by BenioX View Post
          Demo is already underpowered, for example LAW - how could it NOT insta-kill with 1 shot? OFC if it would that'd become OP though.
          ...So Demo is underpowered because it's not insanely overpowered? What you said makes no sense. Demo is absolutely fine, a bit too powerful if anything.

I agree with poosh. There is really no reason that rockets should be able to fly through players' bodies. It's a little ridiculous.
          Originally posted by lawszepie
          clot is not vampire they have resistance against light

Comment

Originally posted by Deafmute View Post
            I agree with poosh. There is really no reason that rockets should be able to fly through players' bodies. It's a little ridiculous.
            But bullets can do it np?

I'm fine with everything being able to fly through friend's bodies. In a tightly crowded corridor, it just makes things so much easier. If I wanted to watch my shots for allies, I'd play on a FF server?
            I don't like medics.

Comment

But bullets can do it np?

I'm fine with everything being able to fly through friend's bodies. In a tightly crowded corridor, it just makes things so much easier. If I wanted to watch my shots for allies, I'd play on a FF server?
              +1. Also, with Demolition it is still as I said - or he will be OP or underpowered. Or he will kill many with his expensive shots or he will die every round because people will get in his way and he'll explode so noone will play demo anymore, not to mention he's most expensive so why take the expensive guy while the danger would be too high? Or OP or UP. Not that I like it, but if you "Balance" Demolitions then he should not use explosives in first place and then he'll not be Demolitions.

Comment

+1. Also, with Demolition it is still as I said - or he will be OP or underpowered. Or he will kill many with his expensive shots or he will die every round because people will get in his way and he'll explode so noone will play demo anymore, not to mention he's most expensive so why take the expensive guy while the danger would be too high? Or OP or UP. Not that I like it, but if you "Balance" Demolitions then he should not use explosives in first place and then he'll not be Demolitions.
                Demo is always the biggest risk though. In the perfect scenario, with the perfect team, he will be by far the most powerful class (I'm thinking the room downstairs in hospital horrors, with supports welding the front door open and closed to let zeds build up. He could get like 3x the kills of anyone else in the team). But with almost no ability to clear stuff nearby (assuming M79/M32 loadout, which is the most common loadout) and costing maybe twice as much as other classes (never counted the prices) he is a big risk as well.

I only play em in games with a lot of friends, or where I'm pretty sure of the team's strategy (biotics? So we're holding out at spawn then.) Otherwise they're too limiting.
                I don't like medics.

Comment

Demo is always the biggest risk though. In the perfect scenario, with the perfect team, he will be by far the most powerful class (I'm thinking the room downstairs in hospital horrors, with supports welding the front door open and closed to let zeds build up. He could get like 3x the kills of anyone else in the team). But with almost no ability to clear stuff nearby (assuming M79/M32 loadout, which is the most common loadout) and costing maybe twice as much as other classes (never counted the prices) he is a big risk as well.

I only play em in games with a lot of friends, or where I'm pretty sure of the team's strategy (biotics? So we're holding out at spawn then.) Otherwise they're too limiting.
                  Pretty much sums up what I wanted say - Demo is at same time OP and UP, depending on circumstances. But if rockets couldn't go through players, the danger of self-destruction would be too big to even be concidered and so from OP Demo he'd become UP useless perk.

Edit: Also, I use LAW not M32/79 and it's even harder to protect myself in close-combat.

Comment

Edit: Also, I use LAW not M32/79 and it's even harder to protect myself in close-combat.
                    Eh, assuming you're excluding blunt damage because if you're blunting things, you're wasting rockets, it's equally hard. After all, with either combo, you can't take other weapons, so you're limited to knifing/9mming things.

I'm trying to use M32/MP7M/katana as a demo. M32 is as good as a LAW against FPs or crowds of zeds, and HOPEFULLY I'll have allies who can kill the scrakes for me. Also, if you're picking your shots, the M32 should have plenty of grenades IMHO, even on higher waves where you will use 4 per FP. And the addition of the medic gun means that you can keep allies alive while you're sitting at the back (demo is IMHO the perfect class to multiclass medic), and the MP7M and katana mean that you can also kill the occassional clot that passes everyone else by, and also gives you the ability to clutch if you need to.
                    I don't like medics.

Comment

(demo is IMHO the perfect class to multiclass medic)
                      Weird, I found commando perfect class to multiclass medic. The loadout of SCAR/FNfal ACOG/MP5 or MP7 being great, although if so then I always have to start as medic to get the medigun or ask someone who plays as medic to gimme one.

Comment

Weird, I found commando perfect class to multiclass medic. The loadout of SCAR/FNfal ACOG/MP5 or MP7 being great, although if so then I always have to start as medic to get the medigun or ask someone who plays as medic to gimme one.
                        That's true. SCAR+2nd mando weapon leaves enough room for a medic gun. However commandos should be (assuming a boxed room) halfway through the team, facing forward and ready to shoot single zeds or help finish off zeds.

Demos should be at the back of the team (where they can see the entire team without turning too much) and aren't expected to be shooting as much as a commando is, so they can spend the intervening time shooting their friends in the back with medic darts.
                        I don't like medics.

Comment

That's true. SCAR+2nd mando weapon leaves enough room for a medic gun. However commandos should be (assuming a boxed room) halfway through the team, facing forward and ready to shoot single zeds or help finish off zeds.

Demos should be at the back of the team (where they can see the entire team without turning too much) and aren't expected to be shooting as much as a commando is, so they can spend the intervening time shooting their friends in the back with medic darts.
                          I disagree with you. A line of supports on front line, commandos right behind, then demos. Commando doesnt do as much damage as Supports, and is supposed to clear trash ONLY unless scrake/FP is too close and there is no trash to handle. The heals are mostly for supports who are in the front, sometimes demo if he gets unfortunate husk fireball hitting his explosives.

Comment

A line of supports on front line, commandos right behind, then demos.
                            Surely that's very similar to my suggestion of commandos going halfway through the team?
                            Also, in both our descriptions, demos will be able to see the entirety of the team all the time, whereas commandos will need to either tab or turn to see everyone's health bars, which I would've said would've given demos the edge over knowing everyone's HPs at any point in time. Plus, a demo can heal his team without turning around and losing sight of the front line. I know the commando would only have to turn around for a couple of seconds to shoot darts back at the demo/sharps, but a lot can happen in a couple of seconds.

Also, you say commandos should clear trash only, but that's like 95% of the specimens :P If the commandos aim for headshots, they can take out husks and sirens as well, (and dependant on team, that's an OK strategy. Obviously not quite so good if you have a sharp with Xbow waiting for them, as you're just wasting bullets etc etc).
                            But if you assume they can kill anything bar FPs and Sc, at, what, 300 zeds a wave? And you can kill everything except ~4 FPs and ~10 sc? That's a lot of being busy :P
                            Last edited by Althamus; 04-27-2012, 08:31 PM.
                            I don't like medics.

Comment

Surely that's very similar to my suggestion of commandos going halfway through the team?
                              Also, in both our descriptions, demos will be able to see the entirety of the team all the time, whereas commandos will need to either tab or turn to see everyone's health bars, which I would've said would've given demos the edge over knowing everyone's HPs at any point in time. Plus, a demo can heal his team without turning around and losing sight of the front line. I know the commando would only have to turn around for a couple of seconds to shoot darts back at the demo/sharps, but a lot can happen in a couple of seconds.

Also, you say commandos should clear trash only, but that's like 95% of the specimens :P If the commandos aim for headshots, they can take out husks and sirens as well, (and dependant on team, that's an OK strategy. Obviously not quite so good if you have a sharp with Xbow waiting for them, as you're just wasting bullets etc etc).
                              But if you assume they can kill anything bar FPs and Sc, at, what, 300 zeds a wave? And you can kill everything except ~4 FPs and ~10 sc? That's a lot of being busy :P
                              Okay, first of all - it's easier to heal if people are spread. Imagine everyone stands in line (happens alot on tight maps) and you are demo, and want to heal the one on very front. How would you manage it? You'd have to walk on side and get as close as possible to be even able to hit because someone is standing in way, and it's mostly commando (middle line). Commando though, as he is in middle, would have it alot easier.
                              Now, I agree most of em are trash, but remember they don't come one after one instantly, there are "breaks", plus supports also can take on trash meanwhile you heal others in the worst case. Commando is just a little helper of supports, and giving him medic weapons also you make him huge credit to team. Although, I'd be honest, I rather dual MK23 and shoot as many as possible rather than heal everytime someone is hurt

Comment

Working...
                              X