• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'd like to just say "Bravo" to the KF Community

The KF community has been whining for a female character for years and a separate company has ponied up the money to develop, build, and release that feature. Do I particularly like that Iceberg is requiring a full purchase of the game? Nope. But is this TWI's fault? Nope. But that isn't stopping what looks like the majority of the KF-verse complaining about TWI and their "money hungry" actions.

Iceburg is requiring a full purchase? Are you absolutely simple. TWI have the first and final say in everything. They own the deed to KF. What they say goes.

So I'd like to thank the KF community for their behavior and to point out that such reaction is sure to prevent ANY OTHER COMPANY from developing similar features for KF as well.

Ahahaha yeah... okay. If I hand any gaming company a big enough bag of money they'll make what I want.

When you realise no company gives two birds about its customers you'll get the picture butnut. TWI are no different.

As long as they get paid... you can rot in hell with the rest of us for all they care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see what's so hard to understand.

Iceberg have made a deal so that TWI would implement female character code (or at least code that makes managing it easier), and Iceberg have made their own content and decided to sell their own version of the game with this content that they own.

Exactly why are TWI bad for making a deal like this? They aren't. If they said "sorry, we won't do this" we wouldn't have the female character support, and so it's unlikely we would have ever seen female characters in KF.

Stop whining. TWI don't owe you anything.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
People have a right to express their views if it's done in a respectable manner.

Of course they do. This thread is about people BLAMING TWI or ACCUSING TWI of doing this to rip off their customers. Which TWI isn't doing.

are you mentally handicapped? how do you not understand that it's not the features everyone is mad about, it's the distribution method, so if anything, they won't try to pull crap like this again.

Are you? How do you not understand that this thread is about people misunderstanding the situation and accusing TWI of ripping of their customers and making them pay full price for a single char. That is not what is happening.

Case in point
poosh said:
TWI, you've raged the community like a noob, who naded the Scrake.

Of course the female char will be available in a DLC at a later time. Making the new stuff available for a higher price in a premium package at first is a standard business practice. So you can't download the new chick char immediately. Waah. You'll get over it. Iceberg is simply trying to maximize the return on their time and investment.

I'm guessing that TWI entered into an agreement with Iceberg that minimized their possible losses. Iceberg separately created and developed the char on their dime and TWI gets paid for their testing and other services with new licenses. That way TWI has to put up an absolute minimum of capital up front and they can see how this arrangement will work and if it turns a profit. If this experiment does turn a significant profit for both companies, then look for TWI to contract out additional work for requested features. Of course if everyone complains for every wrong reason and continues to call TWI the greatest evil since one hour martinizing, expect TWI to say screw it and give KF the attention every other game company gives a three year old game based on an old and obsolete gaming engine.

This could turn out so well for EVERYONE yet many people can't get over the immature disappoint of (GASP) NOT GETTING A FEMALE CHAR IMMEDIATELY and simply strike out at the company that is actually making this happen. "I WANT WHAT I WANT AND WHEN I WANT IT AND HOW I WANT IT IF I DON'T GET IT EXACTLY THAT WAY THEN I AM GOING TO COMPLAIN LIKE TWI HAS A GUN TO MY DOG'S HEAD."

It's more like this.

It is nothing like that. There are so many differences between buying a car and wanting new headlights (WTF?) and a new char first available in a full purchase of a game that I'm not even going to start to list them.

Upvote 0
Are you? How do you not understand that this thread is about people misunderstanding the situation and accusing TWI of ripping of their customers and making them pay full price for a single char. That is not what is happening

Because it's really hard to understand that you're buying Killing Floor. And you're buyin the 6 DLC character packs. And you're buying the female character. The Gold Box is a full game plus DLC. That's what people are buying if/ when they buy the Gold Box.

I just don't get how some people with the game are "ok, I'll just buy it and gift the other stuff away" and others are "omg, I already have that ****, I'm getting ripped off." Gift it or don't buy it. Either way, more female characters are on the way in the future.

As you said: premium price to HAVE IT NOW. Cheaper price to wait and buy it later. Like choosing shipping when you buy something online. You can pay $30 to get it tomorrow or the day after, or go with free shipping, but wait 1-2 weeks.

Upvote 0
Because it's really hard to understand that you're buying Killing Floor. And you're buyin the 6 DLC character packs. And you're buying the female character. The Gold Box is a full game plus DLC. That's what people are buying if/ when they buy the Gold Box.

I just don't get how some people with the game are "ok, I'll just buy it and gift the other stuff away" and others are "omg, I already have that ****, I'm getting ripped off." Gift it or don't buy it. Either way, more female characters are on the way in the future.

As you said: premium price to HAVE IT NOW. Cheaper price to wait and buy it later. Like choosing shipping when you buy something online. You can pay $30 to get it tomorrow or the day after, or go with free shipping, but wait 1-2 weeks.

^ This

Upvote 0
Of course they do. This thread is about people BLAMING TWI or ACCUSING TWI of doing this to rip off their customers. Which TWI isn't doing.

I fully agree, they've suddenly become the worst dev in history according to some but that's not my view.

The thing I don't like is the way this has been done, the devs have known for some time that a female character has been asked for here and on the steam forums and the only way to obtain that character is buying the full game again? Why would I buy a game I already own for 1 character? I wouldn't obviously and from what I can gather neither will a lot of people, the problem I have is this:

People are lined up with money in hand (so to speak) waiting to buy this character via DLC yet that is being ignored, why? The work might have been commissioned by Iceberg but Tripwire own the game and if Iceberg are only interested in maximising profits then I think the returns would be much higher if that character was offered as DLC alongside the Gold Box Edition, as it stands at the moment, I have no interest in this boxed set and from what I've read, others will not be buying the game either even though they'd like the option of DLC. I will be cautious of any future purchases which I've never been before, they release DLC I buy it as I've always done but I can change that.

What people are asking for is not unreasonable yet it's not an option that's available.

Upvote 0

Are you? How do you not understand that this thread is about people misunderstanding the situation and accusing TWI of ripping of their customers and making them pay full price for a single char. That is not what is happening.

Case in point

Of course the female char will be available in a DLC at a later time. Making the new stuff available for a higher price in a premium package at first is a standard business practice. So you can't download the new chick char immediately. Waah. You'll get over it. Iceberg is simply trying to maximize the return on their time and investment.

I'm guessing that TWI entered into an agreement with Iceberg that minimized their possible losses. Iceberg separately created and developed the char on their dime and TWI gets paid for their testing and other services with new licenses. That way TWI has to put up an absolute minimum of capital up front and they can see how this arrangement will work and if it turns a profit. If this experiment does turn a significant profit for both companies, then look for TWI to contract out additional work for requested features. Of course if everyone complains for every wrong reason and continues to call TWI the greatest evil since one hour martinizing, expect TWI to say screw it and give KF the attention every other game company gives a three year old game based on an old and obsolete gaming engine.

This could turn out so well for EVERYONE yet many people can't get over the immature disappoint of (GASP) NOT GETTING A FEMALE CHAR IMMEDIATELY and simply strike out at the company that is actually making this happen. "I WANT WHAT I WANT AND WHEN I WANT IT AND HOW I WANT IT IF I DON'T GET IT EXACTLY THAT WAY THEN I AM GOING TO COMPLAIN LIKE TWI HAS A GUN TO MY DOG'S HEAD."

It is nothing like that. There are so many differences between buying a car and wanting new headlights (WTF?) and a new char first available in a full purchase of a game that I'm not even going to start to list them.

Nutter justification like that sucks. Things like that lead to doing stuff like Capcom started to do or Activision or EA.
I already baguht reatail KF, i own every DLC character pack and i would still support TWI by buiying next DLC's. But selling same game twice is just wrong. If i will be assured that this character will be in next character pack with 3 others i would not mind this tactic. But if it will be not there, than TRI will get a big minus from me, and i know that they would not give a crap about it but still wort to post it here.

I just hate new gaming world with all those payable DLC's and 10 diffrent versions (enchantnted, collectors, goty and others). Wonder when whole this thing got a wrong turn...

I fully agree, they've suddenly become the worst dev in history according to some but that's not my view.
Im interested in RO2 at all, was not earlier, and even more im not now. Im here becouse of KF, becouse i like THIS game not other products of TRI. And as long im still liking KF i dont give a crap what others say about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hadn't seen this post before I made mine but I think it's a great decision, nice to see you do still take on board players concerns:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1060422&postcount=96http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1060422&postcount=96

And then they back tracked.

That press release is a joke.

"we definitely underestimated the demand"

They knew for years people wanted the Female Char and voicepack, it was nothing new to them, so thats the first lie right there.

I love how they turn around and play dumb. Sure it was about attracting new players, but come on, you thought you could milk exisiting ones too. And then when the backlash hit, you've done a massive U Turn.

I also love how they paint Iceburg out to be good guys and they did it for the greater good.

Owe play another tune. You all knew exactly what you were doing. TWI. you had to sign the contracts allowing for this to happen, you're just as much to blame. As for Iceburg, I know they didn't think of this plan all by themselves.

And dont paint the retailers out to be the bad guys.

Seriously TWI... the overall blame has got to drop on your shoulders. And instead of fabricating the story, be honest and say you thought you could trick the dumb sheep into giving you more money and instead the overall majority gave you the finger.

But sadly, the damage has been done. True colours were shown. Its hard to come back from that.

It aint gunna matter to you really, but you lost a customer in me. I was on the fence anyway, then this hit, was a no brainer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It aint gunna matter to you really, but you lost a customer in me. I was on the fence anyway, then this hit, was a no brainer.

You see that and then you put an infraction on me?

For this reason "Failure to make a civil post"

Jesus... dont make stupid decisions if you dont wanna hear the truth TWI.

You've sank to an all time low.

Whats next, are you going to censor me? Ban me?

It doesn't matter. I'm done with you all together. Not professional in the slightest.

Upvote 0