• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M4 My Fav. Weapon

What's better to use at scrakes/fleshpounds close at me? Scar, M4, or AK? I figured I like the bullpup too much to replace it, so should I back it up with Scar, M4, or AK?

SCAR deals the most damage, followed by the AK. However, assuming you empty a full clip into it's head, both weapons deal about the same damage per clip. Take your pick based on ironsights and ease of use for weapon.

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
FP may be a problem, but Scrake not really, aim for the head and try to keep distance and you're fine :rolleyes:

On normal and hard possibly but on suicidal and HoE it would have to be a good distance and hope you're not caught out reloading by the other zeds.

I was playing suicidal solo last night on Biotics Lab as a commando and it takes almost a full magazine from the AK to drop a scrake and that's a solo game.

Upvote 0
On normal and hard possibly but on suicidal and HoE it would have to be a good distance and hope you're not caught out reloading by the other zeds.

I was playing suicidal solo last night on Biotics Lab as a commando and it takes almost a full magazine from the AK to drop a scrake and that's a solo game.
I do know what you mean and I stay with my statement - even at HoE, if you're a good commando, you'd make it without a scratch. Distance + good timing for reloading is the key, plus aiming head of course :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
SCAR deals the most damage, followed by the AK. However, assuming you empty a full clip into it's head, both weapons deal about the same damage per clip. Take your pick based on ironsights and ease of use for weapon.

Okay, but doesnt the scar have a faster rate of fire than the ak? If both mags end up doing around the same damage each, then the Scar with its smaller mag and faster fire, do it's damage faster? And then the faster reload makes the next magazine of damage come in faster.

Upvote 0
Okay, but doesnt the scar have a faster rate of fire than the ak? If both mags end up doing around the same damage each, then the Scar with its smaller mag and faster fire, do it's damage faster? And then the faster reload makes the next magazine of damage come in faster.

The SCAR does fire faster and with a smaller clip will empty quicker, yuh. It also has a smaller spread and a fraction of a faster reload.

Costs more to buy and fill though, bullets are more expensive. Probably not such a problem on Normal though.

Upvote 0
And everything seems more expensive to me on HoE. If I start the first couple waves as a sharp and suicide, I'll normally get enough dosh to get my perfect gear. If I don't die for the rest of the game, money is no problem at all, but all it takes is dying once or twice and dropping a knife and money is suddenly very very tight.
Ehh... I bet you never tried to ask a friend to be your piggy bank in case... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0