• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M4 My Fav. Weapon

I don't know if it's just me, but ever since the good folks at Tripwire decided to add the M4 into KF, that has been my AR of choice. (Until I get to round 7 that is lol.) Cheap, packs a punch, and takes down a Scrake pretty darn fast. I used to stick with only the AK, but now, this is my main wep. when I play as Commando. Hopefully Tripwire trickles in some more goodies here and there!

So, what's your favorite weapon to use whilst playing the Commando class?

The M4 has a nice sight, but at hard and above the low damage starts to be felt in a serious way. I can go semiauto on the AK and the SCAR, but the M4 requires more shots to bring down specimens so I need to reload more often. At the end of the day, for serious issues, I stick with the SCAR/AK combi, but startgame I often use it for fun.

Upvote 0
The M4's pretty fun, I like it myself. Even if the RoF makes it a bit impractical to use in FA, it's fun to flip that switch and rock 'n roll from time to time.

As for my favorite commando rifle - easily the AK. It's just a great all-around weapon, and I like the way it looks and sounds.

It's AK/M4 for me forever now. No more SCAR.

After all, I don't need that extra damage with SCAR considering that I'm only using it to snipe trash, which I can do with the M4, which is hella cheaper and has a much larger mag size and ammo pool.

My main issue with the M4, even though I use it in this capacity as well, is that it's got a higher priority than the AK, so if I swap to my knife/welder/syringe for something, it comes out first. Which is less than ideal if I'm on the move (running with knife), and need to pull something out to shoot suddenly.

Which is why I usually prefer the SCAR once I have the money - it's on a different slot, so hitting 3 means the AK comes out to deal with some nasty bugger in your face.

So if I could change one thing about the M4, it'd be to move it down the priority listing. Oooor maybe TWI could give us the option to set weapon priority ourselves in options.. but that's probably a bit too hopeful, heh.

Upvote 0
Aye, I can agree with that. The AK has always been my emergency/CQB weapon since I started using the M4, so it'd be nice to have them swapped around. I'd be running with knife, using my welder, healing someone in a tight spot, spamming my 9mm for whatever reason, and I'd be swapping to my long-range weapon.

I want to have my close-range weapon, thanks very much. :C

Upvote 0
The M4 is actually mr favourite commando weapon to use offperk. I finally decided that I really ought to level commando a bit (played it once, went back to sharpshooter), so have been buying a commando weapon to use offperk, mostly on my zerker, get dem stalkers. M4 has a bit more punch than a bullpup, and has some nice range (as long as you only fire 1-2 shots at a time). Not got as much punch as a SCAR, but unless I have a decent level commando around, a SCAR is way outta my budget.

Upvote 0
I've also grown to like the M4 quite a bit myself. It's not too shabby :) The biggest issue (for me) with the weapon is its somewhat lengthy reload, but i guess that's for balancing reasons. Other than that it's a very solid weapon!

Now, if only the the Bullpup could get some love too *cough cough make it weigh 5 cough cough* :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agreed. You start with a knife so its potential badassery is reduced. If you have a Machete it means you intentionally went out of your way to buy that **** and swing it around like a psychopath.

When I first started playing sharpshooter, I used to go HC/Xbow, and figured that left me as 14/15, so I could take a machete, make me a bit better if things got too close! :D
Then I realised if I was letting things get that close on Normal/Hard I was doing something wrong, and I'd prefer the extra speed and opportunity for pipes to a machete...

Upvote 0
Concerning weapons and their modelliing and feeling.

My PC is not that powerful and i just tried a game, bought from GamersGate, called Terrorist Takedown 2.

I read that it is a cheap copy of Modern Warfare, etc.. It is supposedly a lowbudget game from City Interactive.

But....the modelling, sound and feeling of the weapons are quite satisfying and fun. MP is also fun, because the feeling of shooting someone looks and feels....just neat.

So, at the moment, i like the weapons of KF and TT2. What is it about each game that makes me like the weapons and their feeling? The gameengine?

KF2 uses Unreal and TT2 uses Lithtech Jupiter EX ( same as in F.E.A.R. ).

Upvote 0
Concerning weapons and their modelliing and feeling.

My PC is not that powerful and i just tried a game, bought from GamersGate, called Terrorist Takedown 2.

I read that it is a cheap copy of Modern Warfare, etc.. It is supposedly a lowbudget game from City Interactive.

But....the modelling, sound and feeling of the weapons are quite satisfying and fun. MP is also fun, because the feeling of shooting someone looks and feels....just neat.

So, at the moment, i like the weapons of KF and TT2. What is it about each game that makes me like the weapons and their feeling? The gameengine?

KF2 uses Unreal and TT2 uses Lithtech Jupiter EX ( same as in F.E.A.R. ).

Jupiter ? Don't get me started on Face of Mankind or i'll cry :(

Upvote 0