• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Magnum weight update info

masteriamamind

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Evil Lair
I know the magnum weight being inaccurate is a issue that people are well aware of. My question is will it be fixed any time soon? A quick fix was needed for the exploit, but not having it accurately at 2lbs is making it less valuable as a weapon. Not to mention confusing new players. "Why can't I buy the gun? I have the room for it!" *rage quits* Pound for pound , bullet for bullet a accurately weighted .44 magnum would be the LAR of pistols.

UNRELATED QUESTION:
The SS descriptions is back to the old 1013 style. Body shot damage got axed for Sharp Shooters. Is this a typo or a restoration? Can anyone confirm damage dealt?

I haven't looked into the source files, but from everything I've seen ingame, it would appear that sharpshooters get no bonus damage to bodyshots at all, ie. EBR takes 2 shots to bodyshot a crawler on HoE, 9mm takes multiple bodyshots etc, and the maths is correct.

I think magnums will go back to 2 weight per pistol at some point, but unless the gun gets patched within a very short space of time, chances are fair it'll be months for it to get patched.

But yes, if it does weigh 2lbs, I can see me working it into a lot of my off-perk builds, since I normally take a sharpshooter wave 1 and swap anyways for the bonus money, and if I buy it with a sharpshooter L6, the magnum will be dirt cheap and allow me to single-headshot mobs offperk without bringing along a heavier weapon. Basically, the magnum will get used like my 9mm is used for my sharpshooter.

Upvote 0
if im not mistaken, scary ghost made a mut that fixed this, and many other issues such as dropping dual wields and losing half the ammo pool.

this really needs to get fixed, i wanna use the magnum again, but i just cant justify taking it over the HC as it is.
You mean this?
As it is right now, the .44 is exactly the same as the deagle brand deagle, except worse in every way. The only exception is that it can carry more ammo than the deagle, which is really a moot point considering how much weaker it is than the the deagle. At least when it was glitched it was fun. Seeing how easy it would be to fix, yet the fact that 3 months later it still isn't fixed (something TWI is oddly silent about) I would honestly be surprised if it's ever fixed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seeing how easy it would be to fix, yet the fact that 3 months later it still isn't fixed (something TWI is oddly silent about) I would honestly be surprised if it's ever fixed.

This is something that strikes me as a case of 'the bug has been fixed but we wont release an update including it until we have enough other content to make it worth all the server mis-match errors'.

Upvote 0
It was a mistake. Magnum was supposed to weight 2 allowing for all kinds of fun loadouts for Sharpshooter AND off-perks.
Now that it weights 4, it is inferior to Handcannon in every way.
[url]http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/.44_Magnum[/URL]
It wasn't a mistake actually if you read the other threads on this forums OR read the patch log :p

TWI made it a 4 weight weapon for now UNTIL they fix the 2 weight bug that actually removed weight instead of added so you could potentially have every weapon in your inventory by using this bug.

Upvote 0
TWI made it a 4 weight weapon for now UNTIL they fix the 2 weight bug that actually removed weight instead of added so you could potentially have every weapon in your inventory by using this bug.

Now, by all means the patch notes are probably correct, but... I remember it a bit differently. The way I remember it being was that when first released the weight values were 2 for a single, 4 for dual. Then they were updated so that duals were reduced to having 2 weight, but (from my best guess) the code that makes you lose 2 weight after losing one was not properly adjusted. After the weight glitch appeared they were updated a second time so that they weigh 4 at all times.

However, now that I think about it, that would mean that the code causing the glitch would have already been accounted for... This requires some research!

On a slightly different note, maybe TWI decided to leave their weight at 4 and see over the coming months whether or not they need to be re-balanced.

Upvote 0
Now, by all means the patch notes are probably correct, but... I remember it a bit differently. The way I remember it being was that when first released the weight values were 2 for a single, 4 for dual. Then they were updated so that duals were reduced to having 2 weight, but (from my best guess) the code that makes you lose 2 weight after losing one was not properly adjusted. After the weight glitch appeared they were updated a second time so that they weigh 4 at all times.

However, now that I think about it, that would mean that the code causing the glitch would have already been accounted for... This requires some research!

On a slightly different note, maybe TWI decided to leave their weight at 4 and see over the coming months whether or not they need to be re-balanced.

What..? The weight glitch was there from day 1 of the winter update and occurred because single was 2 and double was 4. Dual magnums were never changed to be weight 2. TWI's "fix" was to change the magnums to behave like the hand cannons instead of the properly addressing the weight exploit.

Upvote 0
What..? The weight glitch was there from day 1 of the winter update and occurred because single was 2 and double was 4. Dual magnums were never changed to be weight 2. TWI's "fix" was to change the magnums to behave like the hand cannons instead of the properly addressing the weight exploit.

Yeah that makes a lot more sense. I didn't even know about the glitch until around halfway through the event anyways so that was probably where I got mixed up :p

Does anyone know specifically what's wrong with the code so that [single = 2, dual = 4] doesn't work? There's three different weight values between the four files related to the magnums (2, 4, and a completely missing value in Dual44Magnum.uc) and it's something I would like to wrap my head around.

Upvote 0
Yeah that makes a lot more sense. I didn't even know about the glitch until around halfway through the event anyways so that was probably where I got mixed up :p

Does anyone know specifically what's wrong with the code so that [single = 2, dual = 4] doesn't work? There's three different weight values between the four files related to the magnums (2, 4, and a completely missing value in Dual44Magnum.uc) and it's something I would like to wrap my head around.
It's probably a bug inside the trader as i've worked a bit with the trader code fixing up my server with some dual weaponry.

Upvote 0
Well it would be great to get the weight back to 2 soon. Even a white-listed mutator would be awesome.

Actually, I'd love a mutator that lets the server set the weights of weapons to what they want. You remember our conversation about the LAW right? lol
They wouldn't allow this as that could make all weapons weight just 1.

Upvote 0