• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your opinion on kiting

Your opinion on kiting

• I am a strong, brave warrior, and I need not kite.

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • I personally think both defensive play and kiting are equally valuable.

Votes: 64 71.9%
  • omg kiting iz tha best gaise all u campers r n00bs

Votes: 8 9.0%

• Total voters
xD I was playing a suicidal match with a friend the other day. We were mucking around a bit, then we got to wave 8 I think, and two other friends joined. Before we could get organised, two fleshpounds spawed, and I ran off to kill one with my medic, and the other zerkers ran for the other.

But somehow, we managed to get disorganised, and ended up kiting around Suburbia in opposite directions. Except we're all pretty good players, and were just mucking around, and none of us would give in. So for the rest of the map, twice a round, we'd crash into each other and run through all the zeds chasing the other group xD

"YOU CHANGE DIRECTION!!"
"NO, WE WERE DOING IT FIRST, YOU CHANGE!"

xD Funniest game I've had for a long time. I think we died in the end because we just all broke down laughing xD

That, is hysterical. Props for a funny game, how I long for those now.

Upvote 0
Kiding is only good in panic situation when team gets overwhelmed and only medic/zerker is the one who stands a chance to survive.

Not true. It's easiest for medics/zerkers to survive, because (mainly IMHO) when things get hard, they don't take as much damage, and can just gtfo with their speed boosts.
I've kited as a sharp on HoE, clutched sometimes as well. It has a lot less room for error, but it's more satisfying.
Plus, if you successfully clutch as a sharp, you feel badass and your team congratulate you :p If you DON'T successfully clutch as a zerker, you feel guilty :p

Upvote 0
Taking literally four times as long to kill an entire wave, Fleshpounds and all, via obvious glitches (rage resetting via axe kiting), is stupid and boring. There's no challenge whatsoever in running faster than every monster in the game and attacking 150 mob wave one by one in a game that doesn't have that good of an A.I.

I played a HOE game the other day on Abusement Park where our entire team of Zerkers and Medics was running around the map in a circle to complete "laps" of a sort. I couldn't choose a slower class or else I would have been left behind and overwhelmed. There was a point where we ran three laps without killing a single mob. Needless to say, that was the most boring ****ing game I had ever played of KF. Other kiting games I've played weren't any better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's more fun to kite when you're not beserkers. Less room for error - you can't just run away at mach 3 if **** hits the fan. But it's also more satisfying. Some maps are pretty nice - they offer some decent camp spots along a kiting route. Ice Cave comes to mind. You can hold the spawn or the throne room pretty easily. If you start to get overwhelmed at one, you can just start kiting along the circuit and hold up at one of the good camping locations you come across.

Upvote 0
I do and dont like it.

I find that holding an area or "camping" with beserker to actually be better than "kiting" since camping usually includes at least 1 of your 4 sides being protected (front, back, left side, right side). I find that most beserkers usually start kiting because:

A) They are not getting many kills
B) They are not skilled enough to be able to get the kills before other players
C) Bored, which in that case, put it on Suicidal or Hell On Earth

I think it's great the Medic and Beserker can move faster, and one or the other will be the last alive 99% of the time. Kiting can be FUN! With that said, only do it if everyone agrees, or have a 2/3 beserker and medic ratio to other perks.

Upvote 0
Being near enemies is an instant death sentence so you may not want to move towards them most of the time.
Any type of motion away from enemies is "kiting", that's the nature of the game since most enemies are just slower than the player.

You're asking for opinions on "moving away from enemies" in a game in which being close to enemies for prolonged periods of time is strongly discouraged so that's kinda... ugh... that's kinda the first lesson you learn from kf, stay the hell out of enemy reach.
What kind of opinion can you have of that?

You might as well ask what your opinion on being able to move is.
So what if you don't like if, what are you gonna do about it, make this a tower defense game?

:|

:IS2:

(also seriously, moving away from enemies is now considered "cheating"? Guys...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
I then got pounded by a fleshpound because support doesn't into kiting. :(

Apart from berzerker and medic, which I figure are obviously best at kiting, I reckon supports are probably the second best class for kiting. With a shotgun, if something comes around the corner you don't need to aim so much, just fire (sharps need a headshot, and commando and firebug take too long to kill. Demos just are in trouble :p).
Yes, if you're in a narrow corridor and spy a fleshpound you're pretty much dead, but so would most anyone. At least if yuo can jink past him with decent health, you can G+HSG+2xG him.

Upvote 0
Actually I'd give 10 bucks if someone playing as Demolition solo with faked players on any official map using only LAW, pipes, pistol and knife set kiting on HoE and make it to Pat :D

Edit: of course without bugs/exploits! ;)

Using a LAW? o_O

I think you'd run out of ammo way before you killed everything xD Hell, would you even have enough rockets for scrakes and FPs? :p

Might be possible as a sharp with 9mm and LAR, but it'd take some time...

Upvote 0
M32 would be more possible. You'd have to do some craycray kiting at first, and have to take it real slow to avoid getting too much backspawn. Also, scrakes would be a pain. Killing them during the wave would be impractical, and leaving them at the end would give you up to 15 scrakes to take? Difficult, considering using explosives would rage multiple scrakes at once.

I might try it as a sharp with 9mm and LAR. I ain't quite good enough to do the demo challenge :p

Upvote 0
I might try it as a sharp with 9mm and LAR. I ain't quite good enough to do the demo challenge :p
9mm and LAR is no challenge :p
And I mean it, if someone can do it as DEMO with LAW as I said, I'd be totally amazed :D
Actually, to be honest my friend tried it once when I was afk and we had faked players, after he saw I wrote that idea on this forum :)p) and he made it till wave 6. Map: Mountain Pass (Huhuhu :p)

Upvote 0