• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

removing custom server content?

kevin32

Feb 16, 2012
Some KF servers download custom content to my computer before I connect. I'm talking about stuff that's not standard on a typical KF server (weapon packs, and stuff that I have no idea what it is, or if I will ever use it). There should be some sort of notification before choosing a server that says 'we will download a bunch of our custom junk on your computer. proceed with caution.'

I like to play the stock maps, with stock items. So where do I go to remove custom content? Running XP. Thanks.

Last edited:
um yah you wanna delete everything in the cache folder where you installed killing floor. it should be found here:

(C:)\programfiles\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\Cache

the things you see inside the folder should be named example:
1A8D5FE149A65CA8957A9E9D0472DAE5-1
or maybe
2A2D26F747438561C03EF5AFC06CCE8B-1

if something went wrong. just click the verify button inside steam.
you can access this button by right clicking killing floor inside steam library and click -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Need an answer to his simple query be contingent upon the reveal of his motives?

I do not believe it to be extraneous, to procure the logic of ascertaining the requirement of the deletion and elimination.

As i seldom do, i am inquiring as to determine the necessity of the action that is the removal of the files, known as custom content.

However i believe that the particular approach which thou took to posing thine query is superfluous, and quite far from the lucid and concise method of communication of which the forums are accustomed. Being of equivalent estimation, Timur and i seem to have attained an analogous verdict.

Upvote 0
Need an answer to his simple query be contingent upon the reveal of his motives?

its called "curious"

lol, youre tryin to start fights everywhere now, arent you?

let him be alone, else he will be flaming your threads next over in the modding sections :)

Maybe I'm just getting sick of people making things difficult for the sake of itself. Just answer the guy's question; it doesn't matter why he needs an answer; it's a simple enough question. Yeah, it's been answered before and he should've done a search, but really, is it that big of a deal?
For proof, just watch how long this thread will get about a simple technical question that's already been answered (as of now, this is the 7th post when the question was answered on the 2nd; just add water and watch it grow!).

lol

I do not believe it to be extraneous, to procure the logic of ascertaining the requirement of the deletion and elimination.

As i seldom do, i am inquiring as to determine the necessity of the action that is the removal of the files, known as custom content.

However i believe that the particular approach which thou took to posing thine query is superfluous, and quite far from the lucid and concise method of communication of which the forums are accustomed. Being of equivalent estimation, Timur and i seem to have attained an analogous verdict.

lol

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
it's valid to ask why considering the cache files have no effect on your game itself, and if there are different versions of the same file, then those will be downloaded too.
the only reason i can see as to why you would want to delete them is to free up hdd space, otherwise they dont do anything at all until you connect to the servers that use them.

the answer to his question was in the second post, right after the question was asked, so then candlejack wanted to know why, because cache files dont do anything.

Upvote 0
Damn these forums are going to hell.

Back on topic.

.../steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor/cache/

is where they are stored. Just select the contents and delete.

If you don't want to download custom content. Then make sure 'Perks Enabled' is checked in the server browser. That way only whitelisted servers will be shown, this will result in minimum downloading.

Upvote 0