• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IJC Whats Next? [New Weapon]

i'm assuming the rpg would be like the real rpg, very low and small area of affect (blast radius) yet super high damamge, and spawns projectiles (molten copper) like the shotgun on a hit, so instead of a blast like a rocket or grenade, it's a small blast, and where ever it hits it spawns some shotgunbullet projectiles to go through whatever is beyond it.

Upvote 0
i'm assuming the rpg would be like the real rpg, very low and small area of affect (blast radius) yet super high damamge, and spawns projectiles (molten copper) like the shotgun on a hit, so instead of a blast like a rocket or grenade, it's a small blast, and where ever it hits it spawns some shotgunbullet projectiles to go through whatever is beyond it.
But shouldn't the LAW have the same effect? It's "Light Antiarmor Weapon", after all. But that's just a nitpick. If that was a mechanism to distinguish it from the LAW as-is, I'd like it.

Hmm... what to pick though. Looks like I'm one of the few people here to actually have an active Facebook profile, though I swear I sign on like once a week at best.

Upvote 0
I still want to hear why these three guns are considered the most popular choices in the community. Somebody doesn't read the ideas and suggestions forum, methinks. There's also the question of what these will even bring to the game, aside from next to nothing, or devaluing an existing gun in the game.

Anyway, if I had ****ty facebook, I'd vote for the Thompson on the condition that it belongs to the commando and has a hugeass drum mag.

Upvote 0
I still want to hear why these three guns are considered the most popular choices in the community. Somebody doesn't read the ideas and suggestions forum, methinks. There's also the question of what these will even bring to the game, aside from next to nothing, or devaluing an existing gun in the game.

Anyway, if I had ****ty facebook, I'd vote for the Thompson on the condition that it belongs to the commando and has a hugeass drum mag.

Don't worry... there is much more to come ;). This is just a "little present" to the community, which we are able to deliver very quick :)

Upvote 0
I would like to see more demo weapons, but I don't think RPG-7 could be much different from the LAW from a gameplay aspect.

I'd prefer Panzerfaust instead:
  • Only 1 shot, after that weapon becomes useless / disappears.
  • Weight: 3 blocks.
  • Can't be dropped / shared with a teammate (like pipebomb).
  • Blast radius smaller than LAW (same as M79, maybe a little bit wider).
  • Base damage = 1000, up to 1600 for level 6 demo.
  • Delivers 4x more damage to target it hits directly (level 6 demo can instant kill 6p HoE FP or Scrake)
  • Big Faustpatrone's (missile) have no space to fly over small zed heads (except Crawlers) into FP or SC head (zeds in front of target should be cleared by teammates before making the shot).
  • Faustpatrone can be detonated by any other explosion or Husk fireball.
  • No extra damage bonus for FP.
  • Price:

Upvote 0
if Ivan and JC wanted to release a pile of dog crap and say this is your new content, well then fossil... you say thank you very much guys, I aint worthy.

well that would put you in the Kiss A** bracket, so welcome to the forums :D

back on topic

I am not too fussed about any of these guys to be honest (sorry 'ungrateful') but I would still use them on a server or something and always appreciate free content, especially when you guys put so much work into it (kiss a**)

I just don't see them fitting in, as Gibby mentioned, the enfield has been the most sought after ('ungrateful') but if these are ready made for you guys to quickly whip up, then why not? (kiss a**)

Upvote 0
Walo, you are not the first to refer to some people as fossils but what I don't understand is, why you consider that to be a bad thing, as from the way I see it, people like Gibby, have been here since the release of the game, which I would consider, a loyal supporter/player.

If you deem that to be bad, then I am confused. It's the loyal fans like this, that helped shape the game into what it is now and kept it a sustainable title.
TWI have been great in listening to what the community wants but I think (could be wrong), have listened to their true, loyal fans, rather than someone who bought the game, played it twice and never touched it again.

Also, doesn't experience deserve a little credit? maybe not respect but at least a little appreciation, that they have stayed with the game from the beginning and are still here.
Wouldn't they have a little say in what they think would suit the game? as they would have more of an idea, than a fly by night.

The way I see it is, just like the Star Wars/Episode 1 fiasco. The true, original fans were pretty disappointed with EP1 and even Mr Lucas was apologetic to the original fans and agreed that he should have listened to his true fan base instead of making just another movie.
Whereas, I think you will find, that TWI are not just there to make money, they are there to build a fanbase and keep the fans and from what I can see, they have done a bloody good job so far.

Upvote 0

i'd probably make the effort to get on facebook and vote if i knew the stats on these weapons, but i rarely use facebook, so i'm not even going to try.
looks like the thompson will win.

You dont need facebook to vote: Here you can vote

I didn't even say IJC's work was terrible, but their 3 advertised choices were, for reasons that I am willing to state if JC asks. Learn some ****ing reading comprehension.

Its cool that IJC are making these weapon mods, in fact I quite like their FAL, Mk23, and M7A3, but I have questions.

A) The statement that the Tommy, UMP, and RPG are the most popular choices on the ideas and suggestion section smells faintly of bilge. The most suggested weapon as of late has always been an Enfield boltie as far as I can see, as well as a minigun (ugh). It's not that I want to make you choose something else to work on, I just don't like wrong information being paraded around like that in big shiny letters.

B) What exactly will these change in the game? I don't see the RPG being anything different than a LAW sidegrade (possibly an OP one, or one outshined by the LAW anyway), and I don't see the UMP being anything other than another SMG. As much as I dislike the outlandish choice, I only see the Thompson actually having place in the game as a hilariously fun bullet hose.

C) Do you plan to get these officially added in the game at some point, or is a whitelisted mutator (and a very common one at that) alright for you? Personally, I think I wouldn't be too enthusiastic at an official addition because you know what TWI are like with their RAM spec in KF. I'd personally like to see only Tripwire's stuff take up that little spot that they have reserved, rather than the modding community. That way we get both!

Now I know Ivan and JC are mature enough to discuss this happily and to understand that I am not talking down on their work, nor do I dislike their work. I just find a few aspects questionable, is all.

A)
We took the ideas out of our forums. BTW the minigun would break the gameplay and you would complain why we have taken the minigun.

B)
You can do a lot with the weapons stats so these weapons also get some unique handling ect...

c)
As far as I know TWI has fixed this with the last event, they got a new management for weapons. We will release this as a mod (whitelisted asap)

Also, doesn't experience deserve a little credit? maybe not respect but at least a little appreciation, that they have stayed with the game from the beginning and are still here.
Yea thas right but is quite abvious that C_Gibby is very offensive.

Upvote 0