• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Great weapons TWI but....

hipnox

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2010
please don't turn this game into another TF2.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for new guns. I like all the new ones and don't think they'll hurt the game in anyway. On the contrary, they add more variety, which is a good thing. These weapons don't seem out of place and even the husk cannon feels right as home, as it already existed in the game.

The claymore however .... i'm a little on the edge about that one. True it could have been scavenged from some decorative armour or what not, and that's how i like to see it. But I guess it reminds me of the Eyelander a little, which in turn reminds me of the beginning of the end for that other game.

But as long as they do not add anything wacky and out of place (or hats :mad:) i say, props to you TWI and keep 'em comming!

Last edited:
mmh, you people are getting it all wrong. or maybe i didn't express myself properly

As of right now, Kf is not even close to becoming something like TF2. In fact, i don't think it will ever have enough content to become what TF2 has became. I was just expressing paranoic feelings.

TF2 was a great game with great developers that added huge amounts of even several years after the games release, for free. Heck, the amount of added content greatly surpasses the game's original content in maps, game modes, items, etc.. and we all loved it for it....... up to a certain point

The problem was that they didn't know when to stop (or didn't want to). Eventually the game started to became worse and worse the more content was added. They game even lost its "feel" and style with all those silly hats, cosmetic items and totally out-of-place weapons. All of that makes TF2 the trainwreck that it is now. A sad shadow of what once was one of the greatest multiplayer games ever.

I don't think that will ever happen to this game however. Stripwire seems to know what its doing.

im just voicing my concern. The game has more than twice the content now that it had when it first came out. I was just pointing out the similarities, nothing more

Upvote 0
Since the rest of the weapons update is just a smashing job, I don't think the developers are going out of their minds. However, I do agree that the Claymore is unfitting.

This thing sticks out like a sore thumb. The realistic visual style plus the dark and gritty tone of this game simply forbids this thing from fitting in.

This sword is obviously a homage to Highlander, just like TF2's Eyelander (hell, the Claymore achievement is NAMED Highlander). And I think this is a bit too outrageous just for a film homage and a nod to KF's buddy game. We could use a lot more subtlety with this new weapon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
grenade launcher AFAIK not used by any military in the world
All three grenade launchers in KF are in use by the US military.

But your general point is right. KF is already a little silly, and that's okay, and that doesn't make it TF2, and having a common sort of historical sword certainly doesn't either.

But, dare I compare hats to character skins?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All three grenade launchers in KF are in use by the US military.

But your general point is right. KF is already a little silly, and that's okay, and that doesn't make it TF2, and having a common sort of historical sword certainly doesn't either.

I stand corrected.

Skins and hats are very much alike, esp. the skins for achievements and promo skins. Not that it is a bad thing in itself, I like throwing a few euros after TWI every now and then.:)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the support guys. i mean, is not like i' m voicing my opinion about a game i love, giving out constructive criticism, all the while praising the Devs for being consistently awesome. Its not like im pointing a finger at an offender game with similar symptoms and saying "god, i hope this game never turns into THAT"

TF2 was a good game even after all the class updates (7 updates i think) which added 27 new weapons and a crapton of maps and gamemodes . That's 50+ new items/maps that where acceptable in the realm of TF2 and kept the style and feel of the game without sticking out as odd or out of place, and that's a heck of a good job from the TF devs if you ask me. The problem only came AFTER the class updates with hats and the polycount contest. the rest is history

As of right now, KF does have a few things that kinda seem out of place, albeit only a little.
The katana always stroke me as an odd choice, even more than the claymore does now.
The steampunk skins, while very cool (i use SP foster regularily), do look out of place. so does the chicken suit, and the pyro skins.

Upvote 0

Yes. There is no different. Minus the fact that some hats can be accrued through random drops. Where as skins can only be bought, or won through achievements.

I don't see how the adding of new hats/etc "ruins" TF2. It allows you to add character to your...character. How is that different from the skins available in KF? They are purely cosmetic, with no real effect on how the game is played.

Sure there are a lot of weapons in TF2. But there are a lot available to each class in KF as well. The TF2 additions help cover ground, and reduce the apparent advantages that certain classes have over others, while giving them other advantages/disadvantages. Razorback is a great example, lose your SMG/Jarate...but be "safe" from a backstab. I personally take Jarate, every time.

Upvote 0