Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Great weapons TWI but....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great weapons TWI but....

please don't turn this game into another TF2.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for new guns. I like all the new ones and don't think they'll hurt the game in anyway. On the contrary, they add more variety, which is a good thing. These weapons don't seem out of place and even the husk cannon feels right as home, as it already existed in the game.

The claymore however .... i'm a little on the edge about that one. True it could have been scavenged from some decorative armour or what not, and that's how i like to see it. But I guess it reminds me of the Eyelander a little, which in turn reminds me of the beginning of the end for that other game.

But as long as they do not add anything wacky and out of place (or hats ) i say, props to you TWI and keep 'em comming!
    Last edited by hipnox; 12-07-2011, 10:43 PM.
    My crappy DeviantArt page: [URL="http://nicolarre.deviantart.com/"]http://nicolarre.deviantart.com/[/URL]

Originally posted by hipnox View Post
    please don't turn this game into another TF2.
    I'm having trouble figuring out how you made this leap.
    [Center][IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/CODOtheman/imageS2.png[/IMG][/Center]

Comment

You are too paranoia about this.

Just a person, no big deal about me.

Comment

To be honest, I'd prefer a nicely done, head-popping sledgehammer. Claymore is a little too braveheart for me. Especially when wielded by commando chickens

sigpic

Comment

mmh, you people are getting it all wrong. or maybe i didn't express myself properly

As of right now, Kf is not even close to becoming something like TF2. In fact, i don't think it will ever have enough content to become what TF2 has became. I was just expressing paranoic feelings.

TF2 was a great game with great developers that added huge amounts of even several years after the games release, for free. Heck, the amount of added content greatly surpasses the game's original content in maps, game modes, items, etc.. and we all loved it for it....... up to a certain point

The problem was that they didn't know when to stop (or didn't want to). Eventually the game started to became worse and worse the more content was added. They game even lost its "feel" and style with all those silly hats, cosmetic items and totally out-of-place weapons. All of that makes TF2 the trainwreck that it is now. A sad shadow of what once was one of the greatest multiplayer games ever.

I don't think that will ever happen to this game however. Stripwire seems to know what its doing.

im just voicing my concern. The game has more than twice the content now that it had when it first came out. I was just pointing out the similarities, nothing more
          My crappy DeviantArt page: [URL="http://nicolarre.deviantart.com/"]http://nicolarre.deviantart.com/[/URL]

Comment

Since the rest of the weapons update is just a smashing job, I don't think the developers are going out of their minds. However, I do agree that the Claymore is unfitting.

This thing sticks out like a sore thumb. The realistic visual style plus the dark and gritty tone of this game simply forbids this thing from fitting in.

This sword is obviously a homage to Highlander, just like TF2's Eyelander (hell, the Claymore achievement is NAMED Highlander). And I think this is a bit too outrageous just for a film homage and a nod to KF's buddy game. We could use a lot more subtlety with this new weapon.
            Last edited by Spiderlok; 12-08-2011, 03:04 AM.
            [URL="http://theplanetnextdoor.blogspot.com/"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]
            [URL="http://theplanetnextdoor.blogspot.com/"]The Planet Next Door[/URL]

Comment

I can't help but facepalm.
              The addition of ONE new weapon suddenly makes the game another TF2?
              The Claymore is an actual thing that actually exists, and thus isn't limited to Team Fortress.
              Last edited by FrozenFireBug; 12-08-2011, 03:06 AM.

Comment

But then again, we have a katana, a gun that shoots healing darts, and a grenade launcher AFAIK not used by any military in the world. There are points of sillyness in KF, but not anything that would put me off.

And I would love a sledgehammer. And bricks to throw.

Comment

I, for one, welcome our new Scottish overlord.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
                    grenade launcher AFAIK not used by any military in the world
                    All three grenade launchers in KF are in use by the US military.

But your general point is right. KF is already a little silly, and that's okay, and that doesn't make it TF2, and having a common sort of historical sword certainly doesn't either.

But, dare I compare hats to character skins?
                    Last edited by Azukki; 12-08-2011, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azukki View Post
                      At least they're cool to have if you actually want them. TF2 is more like an economy game. KF might have items that can be bought to support the devs, as well as be used in promotional events or as gifts, but they're not an important part of the game, unlike the items found in TF2.

Comment

All three grenade launchers in KF are in use by the US military.

But your general point is right. KF is already a little silly, and that's okay, and that doesn't make it TF2, and having a common sort of historical sword certainly doesn't either.

I stand corrected.

Skins and hats are very much alike, esp. the skins for achievements and promo skins. Not that it is a bad thing in itself, I like throwing a few euros after TWI every now and then.

Comment

There is no advantage gain by using a different character skin. It's just cosmetics.

But it does support the devs and we do get event skins which we can win.
                          [I]"Aye, I think a medic with the mp7 can be a great sharpshooter with what all the practice with those bloody darts and moving bodies."[/I] ~[B] Random Person[/B]

Comment

Originally posted by hipnox View Post

But as long as they do not add anything wacky.....
                            like a guy in a chicken outfit, say?
                            sigpic

greatergoodgames

Comment

Originally posted by vealck View Post
                              To be honest, I'd prefer a nicely done, head-popping sledgehammer. Claymore is a little too braveheart for me. Especially when wielded by commando chickens
                              >> Does no one look at the modding forums any more?
                              Whisky's Workshop
                              "As you can see here, I'm -ALL ON MY F***ING OWN! Guys where the hell are you?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X