• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do I host a LAN game?

Go to host game, then select the settings you like and press dedicated server. Then start KF again and join your own server under lan servers.
You can enable the lan server option in the advanced options and select the LAN server option. This will just increas the download speed for joiners.

Upvote 0
Go to host game, then select the settings you like and press dedicated server. Then start KF again and join your own server under lan servers.
You can enable the lan server option in the advanced options and select the LAN server option. This will just increas the download speed for joiners.

There's really no excuse to join a dedi server from the same box. Dedi has performance advantages for not having to render a/v which would be negated by the client, not to mention the double resource usage running two instances of the game. The "LAN Server" is a performance increase that changes client netspeed/tickrate. Downloads are still (greatly) throttled.

Just run a Listen server for a LAN game. If you want something running continuously for days then a dedi (on a dedicated box) would be appropriate.

Upvote 0
Issues With Listening LAN Server

Issues With Listening LAN Server

Hello everyone I have tried both ways of attempting to start a LAN server game. While doing Listen i can join start up and play but another player in my household can find the game on the LAN server listing but when attempting to join takes too long to connect or almost not at all. While attempting a Dedicated the server start in background but when i attempt to open another say through Steam i get a prompt saying one is already open while opening one through the window tag on the right which would be for the server once i go to hit multi-player and join i am told to go through Steam and have an active Internet connection. I have tried messing around with advanced options as well: adding Admin privileges and then erasing and resetting that information, adding a password and clearing that, checking the LAN box and even clearing that to practically no avail. Any help, tips, and walk-throughs would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0