• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Defence Alliance 2 Summer Update!

Dest

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2006
www.planetunreal.com
For the past month and half, i've continued working on the update that should have been released a long time ago. But the results are huge!

Almost all the bugs which killed this Mod very quickly have been fixed, like the bleh filter which disabled the KF server list. (This was caused by KF code btw).
But I've also added some other cool things like Ranks and Customization, where you can get earn an amount of customization points, which can be spend on more health, runspeed or reload speed. You can also choose what grenade type you want to use, and unlock new grenades and specials.
Weapons are still class specific, as for the class abilities.

This is largely the change log thus so far:

- Specimen Survival got a major overhaul
- Implented steam achievements.
- Updated HUD (draws names, healh and rank above players in survival)
- Engineer Class (only in survival)
- Added ranks (Advanced Gunner, Alliance Captain and Supreme Commander)
- Added class customization: you can add available points to your liking in additional health, run-speed and reload speed. Rank achievements now gives more available points, instead of fixed amor and run-speed bonusses.
- Class choose menu is expanded with the ability to choose which grenade you want to use. This is survival only and plasma bomb is still rocketeer exclusive. This way players can select the nuclear grenade, and possibly the incendiary bullets when they're unlocked.
- Lowered Radar in HUD, so it doesn't clip with Survival HUD.
- Ammobox now refills all weapons!
- Added new (class specific) player skins!
- Pistols can now decap specimens heads
- After you die you will be forced to choose a class
- Added Bloat, and increased chance for Siren
- Increased runspeed for Siren and Bloat
- Serverfilter now uses DA2ServerFilters.ini, this solves the blah filter issues which comes with KF
- Rocket launcher dmg boosted, 300 per rocket now, equal to grenades.
- Rocket launcher does less splash damage (400 > 250)
- Damagetypes now extend to KF damagetypes.
- Motion blur has been greatly reduced.
- Thermite grenade now sets specimens on fire, radius is therefor reduced.
- Changed to minimal zombies spawned before patriach can show up, to zombies spawned per player ... Set at default 100.
- When difficulty 7 has been reached, the minimum procentage before the patriach will be spawned will be changed to the max, 25%, no matter what it was in lower difficulties.
- Bots (and players) no longer spawn at the attackers side!
- Spawn protection is zero in Survival
- Players have loads more armor in PvP (Rocketeer 70%, Rifleman 60%, Mechanic 40%, Medic 30%, Gunner 20%, Sniper 0%)
- Sniper Rifle in PvP is boosted because of armor increase. Will take 2 to 4 hits to kill a player, depanding on class. Headshot is still fatal.
- Because medic got armor now, selfhealing is reduced from 5 to 2 health per sec.
- Fixed mechanic build text showing '(?)' instead of correct key bind.
- Added mechanic build text for ammoboxes aswell.
- Updated player skins, armor parts on rifleman and rocketeer now have reflection.
- New firing sounds for P2-80 and GK-2.
- Shotguns have new tracers, similair to the KF ones.
- Increased specimens health slightly.
- Decreased damage done by specimens.
- Difficulties have been partly renamed.
- Reduced damage slightly on shotgun projectile (20>17)
- Updated loading screens for Bridged and WestLondon.
- Fixed the scoring received for healing another player, caused by custom health.
- Fixed healing another player hint message showing when self-healing instead of another player.
- Added rank in HUD.
- Changed the customization points from linear to cumulative increased, this will result in max 50 in one bonus skill, or 26 in all three (or another combination), when the highest rank has been reached.
- Customization points have changed to 1 per use, instead of 5. One customization points is worth 10, 8, 6, 4 or 2 points within the skill bonusses, depanding on the amount already put in one bonus.
- Reworked difficulty damage levels for specimens.
- Reworked champions health.
- Removed low-health danger corners from Hud, because it sometimes got glitched.
- Added Path Whisp to show the direction to the Objective. This automaticly shows when there is a new objective or when pressing 'O'.
- Added indicator when ammo is low, the indicator will be shown above all nearby ammoboxes with metric distance.
- Added indicator for Mechanic and Engineer when a turret is low on health.
- New Main Menu background.
- Added indicator above current objective in PvP.
- Implented code for statistics, how many kills and score per class, and how many kills with each weapon, turret or grenade. Will be shown in new stats/achievements GUI.
- Removed some wierd code which gave zero velocity when damage by a certain momentum; fixes flying corpses??
- Husk's projectile won't get you flying all over the map anymore.
- Sniper rifle in survival now has projectile bullets, which can penetrate.
- Sniper rifle in survival has a new bullet trail, which works better online.
- On the sniper rifle you can now unzoom at all time.
- Added rank progress bar in esc menu.
- Champions now have their own base health, they should now have more accurate health.
- All pistols and rifles do less headshot damage, headshotmultiplier goes from 3 to 2.
- Shotguns have 5% damage boost, and instead of 1.5 headshotmultiplier they have 2 now.
- Sniperrifle now has headshotmultiplier of 3.
- Added mass to the players.
- Corpses no longer fall through the floor after a couple seconds.
- Altered some settings in player karma.
- Fixed being able to reload while reloading.
- Fixed being able to throw a grenade while still in melee mode.
- Fixed weapon getting stuck when doing combo reloading/meleeing then throwing a grenade.
- Fixed being able to shooting while still reloading the LK2.
- Fixed not being able to throw a grenade or shoot shortly after meleeing, eventhough the animation was playing
- Fixed interrupting reloading on LK2, while on server the reloading continued.
- Melee is alt-fire now, meaning right mouse button does melee.
- Zooming/Ironsights is now middle mouse button.
- You can now unzoom your weapon (sniper) at all times.
- A gunner who is operating a turret will now stand besides the turret, though, he cannot be damaged individually.
- Added hud information for gunner to press use key to enter turret.
- Fixed bullet hit sounds not working.
- Fixed weapon bring up sound playing not loud enough .
- Added missing weapon bring up sounds.
- Added bloody bullet hit effect.
- Footstep sounds are more clearly now.

- Updated Maps:
-> BlackGold, specimens should not get stuck behind things anymore, added additional zombie spawns in the mountains. Added additional anti-ammobox/turret volumes to prevent exploiting.
-> Triumph1, added additional zombie spawns on the bridge. Tunnel has been reworked with more cover for attackers. Added additional anti-ammobox/turret volumes to prevent exploiting. Fixed stuck spot on Triumph (sandbags at tunnel area).
-> Triumph2, fixed zombies getting stuck as much as possible, zombies now come over the walls aswell. Added additional anti-ammobox/turret volumes to prevent exploiting. Preventing players from getting on top of the bunkers on Triumph2 (extra fall damage). Fixed specimens not jumping properly over the wall on Triumph2.
-> Bridged, major update in atmosphere, this improved fps. Fixed zombies getting stuck as much as possible. Dock area is now locked, only the bridge is playfield now. added additional zombie spawns. Added additional anti-ammobox/turret volumes to prevent exploiting.
-> West London, Fixed zombies getting stuck as much as possible. Reworked player and zombie spawns. Added additional anti-ammobox/turret volumes to prevent exploiting.

As you could see in the change log, i've also added steam achievements. They are currently not working yet because they have not been setup on steam yet. This will hopefully happen after the RO2 release. But in the mean time I can show you the steam achievement icons which represent all the achievements that have currently been implented. I will not yet reveal the complete unlock information, but you can guess most of it.

achievementsa.jpg

Last but not least, I've also added new player skins, which are class specific. Here are two examples of the gray and green teams:

classesurbans.jpg

shot00003fh.jpg

I hope you will enjoy this!

Keep and eye out for our steam group events, as we will soon be hosting play test events via the official DA steam group. If there are more people willing to host these play tests, please contact me.

Last edited:
Going to try it today, too. Thank you very much!
One more question: What is the maximum rank?

It is not released yet! Downloading it from steam will result in you having an old version. Though, you can download all the 'test' updates from the DA community steam page.

There are three ranks, no rank not included. Perhaps a fourth, or more, will be added afterwards..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is not released yet! Downloading it from steam will result in you having an old version. Though, you can download all the 'test' updates from the DA community steam page.
Okay, thanks. Btw: I can't download (/install) the old version. The "install" button in Steam has no effect.
Edit: After restart it worked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've finally put together the updated dedicated server files.

You need to download killingfloor dedicated server files with HLDS, then extract this package into that killingfloor DS folder. No previous defencealliance2 DS installation is required.

There are two .bat files in the system folder, one for the default assault gametype and one for survival. I recommand you using the survival bat, because that's the one we want to test.

Please check out the community steam group regularly for the latest updates, including server files!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As promised, I have now put up a Defence Alliance server.

It is located in germany, with the IP 188.40.40.75:8107 / ECO | Nighthawk 4

However, it does not register with the master server, and it gave me a download of DA2_weaponsounds followed by a version mismatch when I tried to play. Further for some reason I cannot add further admins, but hopefully I get around to it.

Enjoy

Upvote 0
As promised, I have now put up a Defence Alliance server.

It is located in germany, with the IP 188.40.40.75:8107 / ECO | Nighthawk 4

However, it does not register with the master server, and it gave me a download of DA2_weaponsounds followed by a version mismatch when I tried to play. Further for some reason I cannot add further admins, but hopefully I get around to it.

Enjoy
That's correct, I will probably release a new update later today, with working sound files. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm currently trying to get the ranks to work online, when that is working, I will setup an event on steam.

Upvote 0