Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Floormas Caroles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floormas Caroles

During this very special Christmas season, I feel that we should spread the Floormas cheer, and begin creating caroles to sing as we blast elves apart as santa clause. Heres a list of ones to be "recreated" : Silent Night, Joy to the World, Jingle Bells, and I will add more.

Here's the already existing ones:
    Rudolph: the Red nosed Crawler
    Rudolph, the red-nosed crawler
    had a very shiny nose.
    And if you ever saw him,
    you would even say it glows.

All of the other specimens
    used to laugh and call him names.
    They never let poor Rudolph
    join in any killing games.

Then one foggy Christmas Eve
    Patriarch came to say:
    "Rudolph with your nose so bright,
    won't you guide my rocket tonight?"

Then all the specimens loved him
    as they shouted out with glee(Hurr hurr hurr),
    Rudolph the red-nosed crawler,
    you'll go down in Killing Sprees!

You know Fleshpound and Scrake and Stalker and Gorefast,
    Husk and Clot and Bloat and Siren,
    But do you recall?
    The most famous specimen of all?

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Crawler
    Had a very shiny nose,
    And if you ever saw it,
    You would even say it glows.
    All of the other Specimens
    Used to laugh and call him names;
    They never let poor Rudolph
    Join in any Killing games.

Then one foggy Christmas Eve,
    Patriarch came to say,
    Rudolph with your nose so bright,
    Won't you guide my Rocket tonight?

Then how the Specimens loved him
    As they shouted out with glee(Mechanical FP Laugh),
    Rudolph the Red-Nosed Crawler,
    You'll go down in Misery!.

Patriarch is coming to town

You better watch out,
    You better not cry,
    You better not poute,
    I'm tellin' you why;
    Patty Clause is coming to town

He's making a list,
    He's checking it twice
    Gonna find out if your naughty or nice
    Patriarch is coming to town

He sees you when you sniping
    He knows when you kill scrake
    He knows if you've been bad or good,
    So be good for goodness sake

Make your own and share it! add to the Christmas joy!
    Last edited by timur; 12-11-2010, 05:02 PM.

I used to have a pointless signature, but those days are past.
    http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...er.php?u=24084

You can use a harder colour to read.
    [URL=http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/index.html][IMG]http://well-of-souls.com/shared/br_outsider.gif[/IMG][/URL]
    MP7 Medic Gun, making easier to stick it into where the sun don't shine.

Comment

Originally posted by KON_Air View Post
      You can use a harder colour to read.
      I am pretty sure I can. Also, stop marking this text to read it better, yes I'm talking to you right there!

Comment

Hehe. Too bad my english is so poor, but maybe at least few letters from me..

"Silent night, holyhandgrenade night" (seen HHG thread in Ideas and suggestions forum )
        Yes I know, I bloody have to learn English better..

Comment

The wife and I wanted to chime in as well:

Kevins Fleshpound
          :

Long time ago in West London
          So the good Tripwire said
          Kevins new ZED the Fleshpound
          Was born on one July day

Listen hear the Sirens sing:
          "The players die today
          From 10-16 the Fleshpound's back
          To kill all that's in its way"

While lab assistants run and scream
          They see a bright new shining star
          It was a Husk with fireballs
          Bombarding them from afar

"The players die today

Now Briar and the DCF
          Came to West London that night
          They found no room to camp the ZEDs
          Not a single spot was in sight.

And then they waited for their doom
          In a tunnel all ablaze
          And Scrakes and Fleshpounds wiped them out
          While Crawlers jumped in their face

"The players die today

Comment

well after some complaints, I changed it back to white. I kind of liked it better red, but it seems the consensus is for white.

Heres one more for the record:
            Frosty the SnowHusk
            Frosty the Snowhusk, was a very angry soul
            with a snowball shot and a carrot nose,
            and two eyes made of coal

Frosty the Snowhusk, was a fairy tale they say,
            He was made of snow, but the forums know
            how he came to life one day

There must have been some magic
            in that device kevin made
            for when they placed it in the snow
            he began to shoot and maim
            O
            Frosty the snowhusk was alive as he could be
            and the players say he could shoot
            and kill just the same as you and me
            *sounds of screams*
            look at frosty go
            *more screams*
            over the hills he goes
            Frosty the snowhusk
            saw it's january that day
            So he said "You run
            and I'll shoot my gun
            before I melt away"

Down to the village
            with a snowball in his hand
            running here and there
            all around the square,
            yelling "shoot me if you can"

Frosty the snowhusk
            had to hurry on his way
            but he wasved goodbye,
            saying "Don't you cry,
            I'll be back again one day"
            Last edited by timur; 12-11-2010, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Hey

Great job Timur. Keep them coming. Nothing beats a creative soul. Well maybe some things, but that is irrelevant.

Just Outstanding.
              [U][URL="http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/8.6.75.76:7707/"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/8.6.75.76:7707/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png[/IMG][/URL][/U]
              [URL="http://www.twin-calibur-hitmen.com"]www.twin-calibur-hitmen.com[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by THEDDLE View Post
                Great job Timur. Keep them coming. Nothing beats a creative soul. Well maybe some things, but that is irrelevant.

Just Outstanding.
                Thanks

I also would like to encourage more people to try and make a carole of their own. Just try it; once you get the rythm down, it's a peice of cake.

Comment

While it's not a christmas carol, try and make something out of the Blackadder theme.

Comment

Now this is a story, all about how
                    my family got flipped - turned upside down,
                    And I'd like to take a minute,
                    Just sit here and stay,
                    I'll tell you how I cloned an army in the middle of the UK.

In West London area,
                    Born an' raised,
                    In the research labs is where I spent mosta my days,
                    Chillin out, maxin', relaxin' all cool,
                    An' splicin' me some genes, makin' soldiers that rule,
                    When that Grim Reaper dude, who was causing me strife,
                    Started makin' trouble in my child's life,
                    I made one little clone and my wife got scared,
                    She said "I'm leaving cuz replacing our son just ain't fair!"

I whistled for a siren and when she came here,
                    She screamed real loud,
                    And killed my wife through the ears,
                    If anything I could say I gotta lay low,
                    But I thought "Hold on, I'll get a clone army on the go!"

I soon left the lab, about seven or eight,
                    I yelled to the Soldiers "What yo done, to mah children?!"
                    I looked at my army,
                    It was finally the day!
                    To sit on my throne, the new head of UK!

Am I doin' it right guise?
                    Last edited by Sammers; 12-12-2010, 05:33 PM.
                    Damn it feels good to be back

Comment

Originally posted by Sammers View Post
                      Now this is a story, all about how
                      my family got flipped - turned upside down,
                      And I'd like to take a minute,
                      Just sit here and stay,
                      I'll tell you how I cloned an army in the middle of the UK.

In West London area,
                      Born an' raised,
                      In the research labs is where I spent mosta my days,
                      Chillin out, maxin', relaxin' all cool,
                      An' splicin' me some genes, makin' soldiers that rule,
                      When that Grim Reaper dude, who was causing me strife,
                      Started makin' trouble in my child's life,
                      I made one little clone and my wife got scared,
                      She said "I'm leaving cuz replacing our son just ain't fair!"

I whistled for a siren and when she came here,
                      She screamed real loud,
                      And killed my wife through the ears,
                      If anything I could say I gotta lay low,
                      But I thought "Hold on, I'll get a clone army on the go!"

I soon left the lab, about seven or eight,
                      I yelled to the Soldiers "What yo done, to mah children?!"
                      I looked at my army,
                      It was finally the day!
                      To sit on my throne, the new head of UK!

Am I doin' it right guise?
                      That was awesome

so, yeah, your doin' it right

Comment

here is a truly beautiful one by Jester:
                        Twas the night before Twisted Christmas, and throughout all of Horzine
                        Stood new nightmarish creatures, soon to be seen.
                        The clots in their elf shoes, spiked ears and bobbed hats
                        Stalkers in gask masks, red hoods and all that.

Crawler Reindeer, Siren Christmas Trees to boot
                        Bloated and Rotting Santas, who burp loudly and puke.
                        Hideous Snowmen launching snowballs of death
                        And evil Gingerbreadmen screeching like they are on meths.

In the background screams a chainsaw, unseen as of yet
                        A fearsome Nutcracker that glows red when its met.
                        It will crush more than nuts with its powerful jaws,
                        and last but not least stands mighty Patty Claus.

Come this very night, for all these would be "Survivors"
                        Will come something to test their skills and mouse drivers
                        No matter their size, be they the tall or the small
                        Their desire is the same... to devour you all.

So sleep tight all you gamers, for now, at the least
                        You're safe for 1 more day, before they are released
                        But your weapons of choice, whatever they may be
                        Won't be enough to save you this Christmas Eve...

The time of reckoning is near, you shall not survive
                        Sooner or later your organs will be all strewn outside.
                        Its the last thing you'll know, as your last dying sight
                        Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Comment

Here's a short I wrote, had trouble working on the last line though
                          You better not scout
                          You better not wipe
                          You better watch out
                          There's one in the pipe
                          Pat's Rocket is taking you down
                          Last edited by lilaznkilla; 12-14-2010, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I try to make one, so have mercy on me.

Since the day the hell raised
                            Everyone get dosh from specimen
                            And look for trader anywhere
                            After they get their hardware
                            They goes on killing and enjoy it
                            Until one day they are bored
                            Tripwire throw in a bloody annoying husk
                            But it is not enough
                            Then there are few friendly member
                            Who make a brute to make you fly
                            Then Tripwire make a special event
                            and let us celebrate the Christmas

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Just a person, no big deal about me.

Comment

Hellishly Horrifying Horzine Christmas

Not based off anything, and not very good but I thought I'd contribute.

Hellishly Horrifying Horzine Christmas

Twas not but a day before Christmas

When all of Horzine slept snug in their "beds"
                              Clamely had personally eaten their heads
                              Kevis and his sons and daughters had all been fed
                              And they too prepared for bed

But baby stalker wanted to dress
                              Then came baby gorefast and he too confessed
                              Why not celebrate Christmas

They dawned their dresses, and covered in dough
                              They looked so cute even though
                              That their cuddliness and delicious dough
                              Was out for us

So frosty fired away
                              Gorefasts charged into the fray
                              Stalkers hid in the day
                              And clots blocked the way

Yes children as they charged and filled our faces with Christmas cheer
                              That just because they were dressed like elves and deers
                              Didn't mean, they weren't meant to be feared

So they slashed and clawed us
                              Burned the bus

And we watched as they ate our skins
                              Devoured our insides
                              Soon we learned that
                              Christmas ...sucks
                              Just like this ryhme

Comment

Working...
                              X